What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Led Zeppelin

"It's a thing of beauty"
"The trip up North was worth the effort"

Never mind honeymoon period. . . . clearly it rapidly went from love at first sight to domestic violence. 😂

Obviously I'm speaking as the man who owned TWD for 30 hours 😉

Haha! I stand by the first statement. It's definitely my favourite 5 grand ornament that I've ever bought

I was desperate to like it. Huge Ghostbusters geek. Even went so far as to build this!
Drove 5 hours and dropped 5 grand on one in my relatively early pinball days. I just think the layout is a mess and the code was underwhelming/unfinished. Any game that has that number of ball saves suggests there's a problem. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it though!
Man, GB Proton Pack? That's incredible! I have to say, I love GB movie and the pin Theme...... Jeez I have the back lit translite, alas no pin.
Watched boat loads of gameplay and have seen the balls hoping over all over the place and SDTM. I know they have the fixes in place however so not a show stopper.....
That says something for a mega fan to move it on so quickly.
I need to play one for sure, a Premium.

Man, GB Proton Pack? That's incredible! I have to say, I love GB movie and the pin Theme...... Jeez I have the back lit translite, alas no pin.
Watched boat loads of gameplay and have seen the balls hoping over all over the place and SDTM. I know they have the fixes in place however so not a show stopper.....
That says something for a mega fan to move it on so quickly.
I need to play one for sure, a Premium.

Let's say a normal sized Twinkie represents the average amount of absolute horse sh1t on the average pinball machine. Ghostbusters has a Twinkie 35 feet long, weighing approximately 600 pounds on it... Or something.

So I'm going to make a brave statement here. I think LZ has one of the most unique pinball ruleset ever and I think its going to be fantastic but I suspect most folks won't appreciate it much like Black Knight (watch that game in the INDISC final).

Watching a few videos this game uses time in a different way to any other game. LZ is all about your technique and getting it right _when_ it matters. Achievements and progress are gated and also time gated. Its also easy on the flow so if you play well the points are there for the taking. There are multiple paths but its all about planning then boom going for it at the right time. I think the top players will love this machine and I think it will be a tournament classic. I'll be getting one soon.

Any clues what Stern might be making next? Could copy the LZ Pro layout and drop it into a Sex Pistols theme- maybe start Pretty Vacant when you hit the third flipper shot to nowhere?

Attachments

• 1611097689667.jpeg
    1611097689667.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 28
Any clues what Stern might be making next? Could copy the LZ Pro layout and drop it into a Sex Pistols theme- maybe start Pretty Vacant when you hit the third flipper shot to nowhere?
Thought the art on the Blue truck looked a decent alternative to the current LE scheme for the tour?

Honestly got no chance with any of that ****e and the other crap bands.

Just when I thought Led Zeppelin couldn't look any sh1tter. Neil's only gone and Munstered it!

Hell no lol but as I said most folks here who just want a multi ball and a bash toy won’t appreciate it but watch the videos and see how the code works it’s very neat and a hugely accessible game. I place it in the Deadpool and Elvira camp both got loads of stick early on but folks now demanding them. With this even more so with the added depth of code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell no lol but as I said most folks here who just want a multi ball and a bash toy won’t appreciate it but watch the videos and see how the code works it’s very neat and a hugely accessible game. I place it in the Deadpool and Elvira camp bith got loads of stick early on but folks now demanding them. With this even more so with the added depth of code.
If they totally revamped the code on Munsters, would that change your mind Neil? Sounds like a shallow game that kills it for a lot of folks, but others don’t seem to mind

Hell no lol but as I said most folks here who just want a multi ball and a bash toy won’t appreciate it .

Shots fired 😂

but watch the videos and see how the code works it’s very neat and a hugely accessible game. I place it in the Deadpool and Elvira camp bith got loads of stick early on but folks now demanding them. With this even more so with the added depth of code.

It may well be great, I hope it is. It's doing an exceptional impression of looking crap so far though. Looks flowy to me which is good though and it wouldn't surprise me if it SHOT better than GnR. The art and theme integration are undeniably a problem and the Pro's third flipper is totally redundant. I'm not sure I'm convinced it's going to be like GOTG, Elvira, TWD, Stranger Things, Deadpool, BM66 etc where the internet pin herd wrote them off early on and they turned out decent but let's hope so!

If they totally revamped the code on Munsters, would that change your mind Neil? Sounds like a shallow game that kills it for a lot of folks, but others don’t seem to mind
Is it possible to do a better job on the code. For certain. Will they - doubt it. Which is kinda nuts if they’ve made a return though they might just park it and learn for the next time.

They had sameish issue with Aerosmith and GOTG with sales poor because of code. They jazzed both up and they sold more - GOTG a lot, Aerosmith a little.

Ray Davidson's stream from last night really shows the depth of this game:

the rules on this game are up there with the best of Lyman and Elwin.

Well it sure seems a loooong wait for the Prems to come over...

I'm looking forward to this game, the more streams I see the more I want to opal it!

MarkS To be honest better to wait for them as the spinner has been problematic.

Yes I've been watching the pinside owners' thread and those spinner issues seem ridiculous - and it doesn't look like Stern are being at all proactive about it or changing it, the only Stern advice to date seems to be Steve Ritchie's personal post saying to bend out the support arms... I can't understand how such an issue got through design, let alone testing?!

Having debated quite hard whether to order the Prem or the Pro + lighting system it's a bit worrying seeing the spinner issues and a number of other problems with the Electric Magic... the worst ones seem to be it not sitting flush and jamming / the leg coming off.

Game looks great though and as a LZ fan I can't wait to get it.

problem is they don't do any significant testing any more. they used to put games out on location before launch but no more.

The hype is already low for this game the last thing it needs it mechanical issues.

Back
Top Bottom