What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Stern LE’s

The problem is people don't always place For Sale posts.

They either post in the 'How much is this worth thread' or post in another thread "I might be thinking of moving my XXX LE on soon" - BOOM inbox full with direct offers to buy and sale never goes 'public'. We've seen it just a few posts above.

As for 'fees' for sales - it would be impossible to police. Even if it was it would turn the site closer to eBay, and possibly attract more scammers and chancers? I don't think anybody wants that?

The donation is exactly that, a voluntary donation. I'm sure many people donate who don't sell anything, some people donate a chunk of their sale, some don't donate when they sell something, others don't donate at all.

Perhaps rather than having the site free, with supporter status offering perks (such as being able to post in wanted ads), have it a completely paid for site if you want to post absolutely anything.
A £10/25 (?) sign up per year allows you to post across all topics.

Donations would still be possible if individuals wanted to give back a little from profits generated from the site.

Perhaps rather than having the site free, with supporter status offering perks (such as being able to post in wanted ads), have it a completely paid for site if you want to post absolutely anything.
you have to donate to post a for sale ad, no?

you have to donate to post a for sale ad, no?
Yes you do, but there are ways round it.

If you were to post in the What's this worth thread - "Thinking of selling my PotC, what's it worth?" How many private messages do you think you'd get?

@Paul It would be better to charge £10 to post a for sale advert/wanted advert and allow only one game to each thread.

I sold a game to a member here for £250 yesterday. I made a £10 donation. That is 4%. So when games are going for £5K upwards then a tenner is nothing. 0,2% if you want a percentage.

If you advertise games on here for a sensible rate you will sell it. Had stuff go within minutes......

Dave is not a bad guy on here. Far from it. But perhaps if a fee is charged to post an advert then it will save all this 'selling it for a pal' thing. Yes I am guilty of that myself.

Mr @Dave Bishop , PM me your address whilst I remember......

It would be better if it were free again , there might be more machines up for sale .. I wonder how many members currently have machines listed on eBay

It would be better if it were free again , there might be more machines up for sale .. I wonder how many members currently have machines listed on eBay
99% of people will sell where they can for the most money and least hassle.
I doubt the fact that you have to donate to the site (minimum of £10 for a year) will mean people will prefer eBay, or by making it free will dissuade them from eBay.

I doubt making it free again would make any difference I think the majority of people are happy to pay £10 for the forum alone
Lots of group members chose other options to sell at least 2 members on here currently got titles on e bay Alan j but he normally gives people the opportunity to buy them off here first or he knows that people on here won’t be willing to pay the price he wants he explored other options nothing wrong with that
Robert Lucas got pro was advertised on here people give him it over the price so he put it on e bay
I personally found that flaunting a game saying I have ex coming in in the next week is a really pain in the backside all you get is a million questions about the machine people wanting pics all that you can’t answer it’s just a real time wasting exercise when you reply to them all and send pics only to be told by 90% of them it’s too expensive or it’s more work than they expected to do just get the machine list it with good pics and description and let the forum do the rest

I have donated money for the machines that I have personally listed, and maybe a little for the parts I have sold (£30) was last donation.

And, sent a few things to @Paul complimentary as I do value this site.

I have a love for pinball, and I like to help people get machines they want if I know of any that are coming up for sale.

Maybe the Wanted adverts should have a small fee..

Back
Top Bottom