What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Stern LE’s

In the current climate, probably not ridiculous.

The only price which bothers me is the NIB Godzilla. I don't think anyone would have expected Deadpool LE to become so desirable when it came out a few years ago, so fair play to those who bought them and ended up with a fairly rare / expensive game.

Buying the most recent Elwin LE and keeping it NIB only to flip for a sizeable profit a few months later just rubs me the wrong way. Like scalping games consoles and sticking them on eBay.

The only price which bothers me is the NIB Godzilla. I don't think anyone would have expected Deadpool LE to become so desirable when it came out a few years ago, so fair play to those who bought them and ended up with a fairly rare / expensive game.

Buying the most recent Elwin LE and keeping it NIB only to flip for a sizeable profit a few months later just rubs me the wrong way. Like scalping games consoles and sticking them on eBay.
Not so sure…
I think that Godzilla LE will hold its price more than the DP.
Look at the craziness in USA for the GZ LE.
Games room idiots want 19k for one

£13.25k ain’t far off $19k
Difference is the US market is huge with a lot of very deep pockets, prices have been bonkers stateside for a long time now, haven’t really seen the same level of craziness and willingness from buyers this side of the pond.

Not so sure…
I think that Godzilla LE will hold its price more than the DP.
Look at the craziness in USA for the GZ LE.
Games room idiots want 19k for one

I'm not saying DPLE is a better deal than the GZLE - although I'm pretty certain we'll end up with more GZLE / Premiums in the country than DPLE / Premiums - but in the current market and considering how few there are over here the price doesn't bother me for some reason. Also, I doubt anyone bought DPLE on a speculative basis thinking it would go up in price, they just got lucky.

It's the whole buying something that is clearly in demand, keeping it in the box and then flipping for profit just a few months later which get's me. Personal thing, I just hate the whole concept.

£13.25k ain’t far off $19k
So it’s cheap then in comparison as that c$1,300 less and USA are cheaper than Uk?

Latest stern is near £12.5k, another price rise imminent will bring it close to £13 and for a machine you are not likely to see many of come for sale.

Doubt many if anyone would sell their used one for less than they paid for it right now.

It’s not nearly new recent ones prices that’s silly it’s the others.

Perspective from someone new to pinballs. Apart from the pinballs that no one wants, it's discouraging to see current prices. It's now a hobby for those with big wallets, or those who cash in on their machines bought years ago.

So it’s cheap then in comparison as that c$1,300 less and USA are cheaper than Uk?
a NIB premium is 10.5kish so 3k for an LE seems about right. I must say i've considered buying this but having just bought some watches, I'll wait and if I get from PH there will be a 2 year warranty.

It's now a hobby for those with big wallets, or those who cash in on their machines bought years ago.
To be honest, and to balance this statement which I happen to strongly agree with, it was similar when I bought my 1st machine in 2013 - it’s just far more amplified now. Doubt I’d bother if I was looking to start now.

It's the whole buying something that is clearly in demand, keeping it in the box and then flipping for profit just a few months later which get's me. Personal thing, I just hate the whole concept.

Me too.

Perspective from someone new to pinballs. Apart from the pinballs that no one wants, it's discouraging to see current prices. It's now a hobby for those with big wallets, or those who cash in on their machines bought years ago.
It really is a hobby, for those fortunate to have lots of disposable income.
Shame really, as pinball appeals to everyone from all walks of life, but for the most, owning one is now not even possible.
13k for a stern, that’s half a year’s salary for many people

Doubt I’d bother if I was looking to start now.
Another mate of mine recently got the bug after playing Mando at mine and our other mates Stranger Things & TMNT, but prices on those title with nostalgic attachments for him as a kid of the 80s/90s are way too pricey for him.

It’s a very different scene than the one I bumbled into about 20 years ago.
<goes all misty eyed> NIB were about 3500 then but few bought them as that was the stuff of a madman’s dream 😀 Used pins were plentiful and easily sourced for a few hundred quid for the most part , pins for sale would often sit for weeks as there was little feed frenzy as you knew another would pop up soon enough, 2 pins in your garage would count as a games room…. Freezing your nuts off as you lived the dream 😂
Everything changes, everyone dies , it’s a brief ride through the craziness of our existence - just enjoy it in whatever way you can .

At least there's more and more places to play in public than there have been for the last 25 years or so and thanks to all owners of clubs, cafes and bars who provide their pinballs for everyone to play. Makes the need to own slightly less but I get once you've been bitten by the bug, then that's it!

And with the ever rising prices of both new and second hand.
Places like pinball republic, electric circus, pinball office etc, are needed more than ever
For some, like myself, unable to afford pins, they are a godsend

Sorry, this is what I mean: 19k UK
Their customer base is likely no one here and not aimed at the enthusiast but the one off buyers who have money to burn and are looking for a pricey toy.

Their customer base is likely no one here and not aimed at the enthusiast but the one off buyers who have money to burn and are looking for a pricey toy.
A friend of mine bought a pin from games room company
While he was there viewing it, there were also 2 premiership footballers, looking to buy
So says it all really

NIB prices really are eye watering these days :(
Really want a JP2 Pro but there is a limit i'll spend on a box of lights!

Back
Top Bottom