What's new

Stern FB Admin = Tosser

Phew. Can opened, worms everywhere ;) No offence taken btw, but we obviously see things a bit differently.

Taking pics unbeknownst to people and posting them on the internet isn't a 'free speech' issue to me. Its one of privacy and respect for your customers, which is what what I was trying to get at. My girlfriend saw that pic and said the same thing. I know plenty of women who would be pretty ****ed off if a pic of them taken like that appeared on the internet and as Stern are a commercial company I'd expect them to act with a little more respect to their female customers.

To me, the context is everything. When I talked about the 'sexy' pinball tournament winner named on JJs feed, I was trying to say that the relative sexiness of the woman did not help her win the competition, so why even mention it? It wasn't a competition judged on looks so comments like that really aren't appropriate imo.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. And I have no issue with all of us disagreeing about stuff. But I still do not understand your point here.
Would you feel the same if it were a man playing in the picture? At the end of the day it's a picture of a member of the general public playing one of their games. Seems a reasonable thing for a company to post to me.
When Martin takes pics at the UK pinball shows to post on pinball news, does he ask everybody in the hall for their permission?
Stern also have pictures from the same event with men and kids playing but you haven't mentioned these. Do you have an issue with this too? Also, how do you know that the woman in the picture didn't pose for it? Surely you are just assuming she didn't.

I'm not having a go here but I honestly don't see that they have done anything remotely seedy??

Last edited:
Yeah as I said earlier, I may be wrong in my assumptions there. But I didn't see any other pics on their feed taken from that angle, of men or women. To me, it's a bit different if someone takes your pic from the front or side as they are at least within you field of vision and you have a chance to say whether or not you wish to be photographed.

I got banned for mentioning that there is no point entering any of their competitions as they only ever select American and canadian winners because of the postage.

I got banned for mentioning that there is no point entering any of their competitions as they only ever select American and canadian winners because of the postage.

used to be like that on blue peter always people near London that won.... Not sure where im going with that but its an example of the same thing

Amusing. Stern posted a picture of a girls **** from the CES floor on their FB page. I made a single post to point out that the best way to get women to visit their booth and play pinball is perhaps not to objectify them like that. Result : I'm now banned from making any posts on their facebook page. Wow. What a bunch of tossers. Quite literally.

They are "muppets" in the way posts get deleted,tho for me that pic is just a pic of a woman playing a pin.It really could be anyone.Don't find it sexist or owt.
If it was me playing doubt you would have commented.
Like views on pins,music,films etc - we all see things in a different way

poi

That may have been the case a couple of years ago but it's certainly not any more.... Levi won a playfield a couple of months ago and it was in his hands less than a week later. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom