What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Dracula 1979 - Controlled Lamps Indexed by SCR, Decoder and SCR

AlanT

Registered
Alias
AlanMusicMan
Again, storing this here for the use and convenience of other future restorers of this game

Attachments

• SternDracula1979_ControlledLamps_Index.pdf
    367.1 KB · Views: 9
Hello, Alan,

If you'll permit, with some substitution, this information will also suit the earlier Stern game Wild Fyre, since the two games use the same software.
  1. For Cats, substitute letters W-I-L-D
  2. For Bats, substitute letters F-Y-R-E
  3. For 'X' target, Number '2' eject hole
  4. For 'Y' target, Number '1' eject hole
  5. For 'Z' target, Number '3' eject hole
  6. Additional score and Special on 'Y'/Centre target apply to hole '1'.
  7. For 'Star' rollover button lamps, substitute 'Arrow' r/o button lamps.

Last edited:
@AlanT are you able to repair the SB-100 sound board in Drac? That's the only thing still not working on mine since I shopped it out.

The game is stored at my Dads at the moment so I'll have a take a pic next time I'm over there. I'll drop you a private message once I have the board in hand and give you some more info on what it's doing (and not doing) :thumbs:

Hello, Alan,

If you'll permit, with some substitution, this information will also suit the earlier Stern game Wild Fyre, since the two games use the same software.
  1. For Bats, substitute letters W-I-L-D
  2. For Cats, substitute letters F-Y-R-E
  3. For 'X' target, Number '2' eject hole
  4. For 'Y' target, Number '1' eject hole
  5. For 'Z' target, Number '3' eject hole
  6. Additional score and Special on 'Y' target apply to hole '1'.
  7. For 'Star' rollover button lamps, substitute 'Arrow' r/o button lamps.
Points 1 & 2 may well need to be altered; i.e. Cats equivalent to W-I-L-D rather than F-Y-R-E, and vice versa.
Jay,

No problem. The rest of the world seems to have lost interest in these games (I have offered these documents to other sites and not been favoured with any reply!!) so if we can gather useful reference info like this on here, so much the better!

best regards
Alan T

Do you often suffer from the 4-bank drop targets seemingly being forgotten about, and left down? One of the differences between the two games is Wild Fyre having double return lanes; putting in normally placed slingshots saw the Extra Ball and Special inner lanes moved outwards, eliminating the original outer return lanes (or rather their switches). The l/h one served to 'Reset Bottom Targets', the 4-bank. Apart from affecting completion of the symbols, it also rescued the occasional forgotten target situation.

Do you often suffer from the 4-bank drop targets seemingly being forgotten about, and left down? One of the differences between the two games is Wild Fyre having double return lanes; putting in normally placed slingshots saw the Extra Ball and Special inner lanes moved outwards, eliminating the original outer return lanes (or rather their switches). The l/h one served to 'Reset Bottom Targets', the 4-bank. Apart from affecting completion of the symbols, it also rescued the occasional forgotten target situation.
Hi Jay,

No, on Dracula the drop targets - when all downed - are reset after a few seconds and always at the start of a new ball. I would suppose you have cleaned and checked all the drop switches and so on and checked the associated switch matrix diodes? Could be, if they didn't modify the firmware but changed the playfield then there could have been a bug in it - I guess comparing with another Wild Fyre owner would verify if it's machine or design specific.

Alan,

I no longer have the machine, but I would expect I went through the switch test at the time. I wondered if that e/m style delay while points for the target bank are added was causing it. But W/F's layout could've been involved, too; it was possible to clip the upper target, and carry through the spinner to the eject holes, which isn't the case with Dracula.

It will be @AlanT I just haven't had chance to get over to my Dads and get the board. I should be going over there at some point this weekend so will grab it then and message you :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom