What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

If it’s setup right no more than any other ramp. Does need a little tweaking to be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't find the ramp too bad actually. It certainly didn't reject more than a quarter of shots.

It was the subway that was the big issue for me. It massively interrupts the flow of the game.

It was quite clear that it was a favourite machine for so many who attended though and everyone seems to want one now.

I didn't find the ramp too bad actually. It certainly didn't reject more than a quarter of shots.

It was the subway that was the big issue for me. It massively interrupts the flow of the game.

It was quite clear that it was a favourite machine for so many who attended though and everyone seems to want one now.
Yep put me on that list I went straight to Phil for a Pro and he has none in stock only premiums but Being the sad guy I am I would only be after an LE shortly afterwards. LE for sale anyone.

Yep put me on that list I went straight to Phil for a Pro and he has none in stock only premiums but Being the sad guy I am I would only be after an LE shortly afterwards. LE for sale anyone.

Get the premium yellow armour speaker lights and boom you are there!

One thing I did notice with the premium at pinfest was the whole subway mech seemed pointless altogether as you can’t even see what’s going on in there without peering over the top. However I love the spinner lifting as it’s a cool addition in its self making up for the lacklustre subway.

Personally I think Elwin missed a trick here and what he should have done is put a pre loaded portal shot like Rick and Morty! That shot never ceases to amaze me and would have meant no pointless subway enabling flow to go uninterrupted. (Another subway complaint I hear people whinging about)
Theme wise it would have worked and could have made this great pin even greater.
Just a thought.

I’m still on the fence about keeping my AIQ LE. Im not overly keen on the cartoon theme. If the guys who made the JP2 movie clip mod did something similar to AIQ then I think it would take it to the next level.

Hey all - what’s the deal with new stern flipper fade stuff? I haven’t had an issue with other games but avengers flippers felt weak today and I have the metal shavings in the cab - is it something to do with ‘end caps’ or something like that - I know Ive read about it but can’t find the posts. Cheers

One thing I did notice with the premium at pinfest was the whole subway mech seemed pointless altogether as you can’t even see what’s going on in there without peering over the top. However I love the spinner lifting as it’s a cool addition in its self making up for the lacklustre subway.

Personally I think Elwin missed a trick here and what he should have done is put a pre loaded portal shot like Rick and Morty! That shot never ceases to amaze me and would have meant no pointless subway enabling flow to go uninterrupted. (Another subway complaint I hear people whinging about)
Theme wise it would have worked and could have made this great pin even greater.
Just a thought.

But that’s the point - you need portal locks and the subway makes perfect sense / play better!!!

I’ve heard varying comments about the right orbit being ‘tight’ or ‘a difficult shot’ - here’s something worth checking;

The shooter lane metal ramp has a small section that slides UNDER a cut-away in the right orbit guide. This ramp section doesn’t line up with the cut-away so therefore just firmly pushes against the right orbit guide making that shot even tighter (look to see if your right orbit guide lines up with the playfield artwork)
Cutting away approx 3mm of the shooter lane ramp ‘flap’ (for want of a better word - the small section that’s meant to slide under the right orbit guide) then allows it to sit as it should and not bend/force the right orbit guide out.
Hope this makes sense, 1st pic shows the cut-away in the right orbit guide.
2nd pic shows how the ‘ramp flap’ should sit in the right orbit guide cut-away.

Still needs a clean shot obviously but this may make it rattle less - if indeed ones does rattle.
b9fc33c195c9e68b57552a4f486bcb55.jpg

3a0cdf165ecfaf766b190ea9216b6bdc.jpg

ae783911e24756fe5fd0a9216e87be41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’ve currently got a AIQ premium in my lineup and although it’s only been here a week I have got to say it’s by far the best Elwin pin I have played.

The flow and combos are awesome and fairly easily to achieve even in my limited skill set.

Art is on point which is to be expected but I really think the LE buyers must feel shafted due to the very same art lazily mirrored on both sides unlike yetis best TMNT (my opinion with GBLE a close 2nd)
I love the lifting disk but as for Subway It maybe could have been placed somewhere where you could actually see the ball getting juggled to the VUK

Anyway I digress!
Things I need to sort:
Addressingthe many Airballs I’m getting which are fast and frequent. Hopefully changing the flipper rubbers and level the spinning disk with the PF as it looks a little high.
Learn the rules and maybe check the games settings to make the score reached an extra ball instead of an extra game.
Finally work out what the hell is the best way to attack this game and the various strategy’s involved.

Defo My new goto game and even Gabe loves playing it.

I’ve currently got a AIQ premium in my lineup and although it’s only been here a week I have got to say it’s by far the best Elwin pin I have played.

The flow and combos are awesome and fairly easily to achieve even in my limited skill set.

Art is on point which is to be expected but I really think the LE buyers must feel shafted due to the very same art lazily mirrored on both sides unlike yetis best TMNT (my opinion with GBLE a close 2nd)
I love the lifting disk but as for Subway It maybe could have been placed somewhere where you could actually see the ball getting juggled to the VUK

Anyway I digress!
Things I need to sort:
Addressingthe many Airballs I’m getting which are fast and frequent. Hopefully changing the flipper rubbers and level the spinning disk with the PF as it looks a little high.
Learn the rules and maybe check the games settings to make the score reached an extra ball instead of an extra game.
Finally work out what the hell is the best way to attack this game and the various strategy’s involved.

Defo My new goto game and even Gabe loves playing it.
I've seen some people fit a mirror along the back of the subway so you can see the balls.

I've seen some people fit a mirror along the back of the subway so you can see the balls.
It does seem like a bit of a cock up, going to the trouble of creating an under playfield lock with windows for viewing the locked balls but completely ****ing up the angle so you can't see the balls unless you're 6 foot 5 :rolleyes:

I've got a couple of these coming - anyone else installed them?

83c1a3de424633e9de7cd1662bad8219427800b1.jpg

640b9b39a8e48476d2d38229d91b04b1cb78b8e4.jpg

It does seem like a bit of a cock up, going to the trouble of creating an under playfield lock with windows for viewing the locked balls but completely ****ing up the angle so you can't see the balls unless you're 6 foot 5 :rolleyes:
you mean about Keith's height :D :D

A guy on pinside is making metal replacement 'portal' discs, that together with the bearing he makes will spin way better. Also looks really cool.

Thanks mate.

I was struck by how much better the spinning disc was on G&R, any improvement will be welcome on that feature. I must admit that I hated it initially but I love it now.

So in theory if it spins more then it will become a higher scoring game?

A guy on pinside is making metal replacement 'portal' discs, that together with the bearing he makes will spin way better. Also looks really cool.

Do you have a link at all? Can’t find it.

,..found it
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks mate.

I was struck by how much better the spinning disc was on G&R, any improvement will be welcome on that feature. I must admit that I hated it initially but I love it now.

So in theory if it spins more then it will become a higher scoring game?

Yeah it will get you more points for sure. I had thought that Neil might consider that cheating? I’ve been meaning to get one but figured I’d wait until some people had given feedback on pinside, and so far everyone is very positive from what I can see.

Back
Top Bottom