What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

As Neil said, ive just turned the subway off in the menu and the disc stays down. So basically ive got a pro with a captain marvel ramp.
Are you guys all using the subway then? No breakages? I thought everyone had turned them off to avoid the issues!
Mine is brocken too. Waiting for replacement part from my dealer.

what is a perfect AIQ game? A AIQ game with the useless subway mech replaced by a kickback. Outlanes are bitches on this game.

Mine is brocken too. Waiting for replacement part from my dealer.

what is a perfect AIQ game? A AIQ game with the useless subway mech replaced by a kickback. Outlanes are bitches on this game.
Pretty perfect as it is, I’m enjoying the subway a lot, it’s a great mech it’s just a shame Stern dropped the ball on 90% of the welds.

My shiny multi-coloured knob [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

F'naar f'naar, Finbarr Saunders lives - but on a serious note, is the shiny knob just getting its colour rom the LED in the shooter plate?
Yes the colour comes just from that LED, the knob itself is clear. In exactly the same way the JP2 shooter rod was lit up.
The coding and power for the lighting comes from the coindoor (I think)
From the Pinside link I posted above, Eaglepin describes what functionality it actually has.

Major tournament winners and all time great guys Robert Byers Raymond Davidson and Colin MacAlpine are giving an excellent avengers tutorial live now on twitch

yeah its a combo of random them aligns with certain gem moments...

the setup of this game is so crucial; spent Saturday morning at Flip Out tuning the AIQ there.

* Replaced the balls, the **** stern ones stick to the tower magnet
* cleaned and waxed the game (500 plays and two weeks old!)
* adjusted the captain marvel shot, bend out the guides, push the U shape back and tighten - now like butter! :D
* Added pin monk fans
* put in side blades
* oiled the hulk spinner (See below :D :D :D)
* tightened up the launch
* levelled

wow what a difference - now plays much like mine at home, was able to beat my top score on three balls.

IMG_2285.JPG

image.jpg

So I reported the problem with my subway falling apart last October. Today I got this.
Wow, amazing support Stern. Did you just raid a parts bin blindfolded to send me whatever irrelevant piece you had lying around? Truly top notch customer service.

Guess I’ll try again. See what part they send next year.

Attachments

• 71E0D4A2-79AD-4AAA-A655-1C60D2F4EC23.jpeg
    71E0D4A2-79AD-4AAA-A655-1C60D2F4EC23.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 27
This has nothing to do with the subway part. Stern sent these out as replacements as some of them where raising above and causing air balls.

I’ve sent an email to asking about the subway parts.

Cheers
Neil.

I’ll be contacting them directly too. I really have no idea how they could send this out for a reported subway weld failure. Obviously it’s a completely different part. I assumed they would send Phil a care package of all the issue parts so he would have them on hand for when needed, but clearly not.

This has nothing to do with the subway part. Stern sent these out as replacements as some of them where raising above and causing air balls.

I’ve sent an email to asking about the subway parts.

Cheers
Neil.

Appreciate you sending an email to them! Are you still needing a subway for your existing playfield? I assume your new playfield has the updated more robust welds.

The old PF goes back to stern and yes it needed one also. Assume the new one has fixed one as my AIQ Premium has been fine.

Playing AIQ pro at the show and in my view half the game is missing just by not having the Captain Marvel Ramp - I couldn’t believe how much it takes away from the whole game! You loose a huge amount of flow from it and it makes the game much more challenging

Neil.

Playing AIQ pro at the show and in my view half the game is missing just by not having the Captain Marvel Ramp - I couldn’t believe how much it takes away from the whole game! You loose a huge amount of flow from it and it makes the game much more challenging

Neil.

CM ramp rejects a hell of a lot though so no biggy to me.

Back
Top Bottom