What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Avengers 2020

Sounds like the pro is the way to go afterall 😁.
I put some time on the pro at Chief coffee today. I really love it and since I haven’t played the LE version I don’t feel there is anything missing.
It’s a ton of fun, lovely shots especially the genius Arc Reactor lock shot. Easy enough to start a multiball by hitting Newton ball 3 times to start Thor multiball.
I haven’t read up on the rules, but was able to work out what I should be shooting for.
It plays very fast and works perfectly with an open playfield.
Those of you on the fence about buying one have nothing to worry about. D8B60842-4550-459C-8B58-FBE3083E0146.jpegDB7E7A40-3945-4A4D-934E-C4661021A53F.jpeg7658641D-6CCB-4BA2-B94B-00CFEDC4B2FC.jpegAAF38A46-A243-4AB4-B1F1-56EB6A4D893D.jpegCF7AEA37-6448-42C4-A557-10270B428410.jpeg79041DB5-A9AA-4018-B4CD-7611F7BD657A.jpeg

Sounds like the pro is the way to go afterall 😁.
I put some time on the pro at Chief coffee today. I really love it and since I haven’t played the LE version I don’t feel there is anything missing.
It’s a ton of fun, lovely shots especially the genius Arc Reactor lock shot. Easy enough to start a multiball by hitting Newton ball 3 times to start Thor multiball.
I haven’t read up on the rules, but was able to work out what I should be shooting for.
It plays very fast and works perfectly with an open playfield.
Those of you on the fence about buying one have nothing to worry about. View attachment 123511View attachment 123512View attachment 123513View attachment 123514View attachment 123515View attachment 123516
Great to hear Chris! It’s a good un for sure. Hopefully catch up with you on your next visit😎
(Deadpool is working fine not sure why it was switched off)

Maybe I'm mis-remembering but it always seems like the Premium/LE versions have a mech that is problematic. Apart from the obvious monetary difference this is the reason I'm drawn to the Pros rather that Premiums.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering but it always seems like the Premium/LE versions have a mech that is problematic. Apart from the obvious monetary difference this is the reason I'm drawn to the Pros rather that Premiums.
Seems to be like that recently.

Stranger Things - magnetic ball lock
TMNT - servos failures (some not even working straight out the box)
AIQ - Subway mech

Having said that I would still go LE/Prem for AIQ everytime,the captain marvel ramp is pure greatness, luckily I’ve had no issues with mine rejecting unless it’s my fault and I’m enjoying the subway a lot, gives me time to think.

Although some sort of mirror panel maybe out of that thin stuff @xianek has would make it more visually pleasing and worthwhile.

My servo on TMNT is fine and the NST magnetic lock is about 90%

My avengers mech is ok also but I can’t imagine it will be immune to failure given everyone else’s has gone bang.

My JP2 hasn’t needed any tweaks, iron maiden needed some thread locker, B66 not a sausage. Deadpool LE solid, Xmen solid

TWD, Star Trek and Elvira premium have been solid also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As I see it most manufacturers have issues.

Ideally a machine would have 6 months testing but we all want the next release yesterday.

They're big heavy bits of kit with moving parts which propel steel projectiles around a timber table topped with glass.

I'm pretty sure there will be some good and bad production runs of both Stern and JJP. As ever it's how a problem is rectified and solved which is the important thing.

Anyway....... wish me luck. It's time for the first game!

20201029_163025.jpg

My servo on TMNT is fine and the NST magnetic lock is about 90%

My avengers mech is ok also but I can’t imagine it will be immune to failure given everyone else’s has gone bang.

My JP2 hasn’t needed any tweaks, iron maiden needed some thread locker, B66 not a sausage. Deadpool LE solid, Xmen solid

TWD, Star Trek and Elvira premium have been solid also.

St le ball lock I haven’t had time to look at
TMnt le no problem although the glider figure dropped off and was a pain to re fit
Elvira le fault lees out of the box although the sticker on the crypt at the bottom has dropped off
Sw le hyperdrive ramp a pain hit and miss
Im le Newton balls a real pita not fit for purpose really
Bm 66 sle and le no problems after the update pack was released
Met le no problem s although they did have problems with the first batch magnet board
Got le no problems
Go le no problems
Bk3000 no problems
Twd le had about 5 some did have crossbow issues
Aerosmith le no problems
Jp le no problems just too bloody hard
Kiss le no problems
All of these I have owned and played a fair bit

I'm pleased to report that the pro is very tasty and ramptastic.

As a bonus nothing has fallen off, the magnet thingy is very good and there is an awful lot going on.

Very exciting.

Massive thanks to Chris and Phil for sorting this out.

I have it on loan and will be making a few videos. I'll get one up quickly so those who are undecided can make up their mind.

I'm pleased to report that the pro is very tasty and ramptastic.

As a bonus nothing has fallen off, the magnet thingy is very good and there is an awful lot going on.

Very exciting.

Massive thanks to Chris and Phil for sorting this out.

I have it on loan and will be making a few videos. I'll get one up quickly so those who are undecided can make up their mind.
I thought you pulled the trigger matey?

I thought you pulled the trigger matey?

No, no. I've been a very lucky boy.

Chris & Phil have really looked after me.

Another forum member who I won't embarrass publicly has been incredibly generous in so many ways and has also lent me his Champion Pub.

My intention is to make a load of videos on as many titles as possible old and new.

I also potentially have an Elvira on the way to stay for a bit too so there was really no need to pull the trigger on anything.

I have to say though, if had have purchased this Avengers I'd be very happy with it. I've just hit a 3 ramp combo then activated a Doctor Strange mode and it was really good. There's so much to learn but once you get your eye in those ramps are very addictive to combo.

No, no. I've been a very lucky boy.

Chris & Phil have really looked after me.

Another forum member who I won't embarrass publicly has been incredibly generous in so many ways and has also lent me his Champion Pub.

My intention is to make a load of videos on as many titles as possible old and new.

I also potentially have an Elvira on the way to stay for a bit too so there was really no need to pull the trigger on anything.

I have to say though, if had have purchased this Avengers I'd be very happy with it. I've just hit a 3 ramp combo then activated a Doctor Strange mode and it was really good. There's so much to learn but once you get your eye in those ramps are very addictive to combo.
Good effort matey, you’ll be a pro soon 👍

Received my LE last Friday, straight out the box the menu buttons weren't responding to input.
Initially thoughts were the cabinet node board was faulty, after replacing that it turned out it was actually the main CPU that was faulty and needed replacing!
A sterling service and support from Phil and all resolved now but not the ideal experience on my first ever NIB Stern purchase.
Not sure how much of it is was just being unlucky or poor quality of the Stern boards.

Received my LE last Friday, straight out the box the menu buttons weren't responding to input.
Initially thoughts were the cabinet node board was faulty, after replacing that it turned out it was actually the main CPU that was faulty and needed replacing!
A sterling service and support from Phil and all resolved now but not the ideal experience on my first ever NIB Stern purchase.
Not sure how much of it is was just being unlucky or poor quality of the Stern boards.
Think of it as Russian roulette.

@Marvello

Here you go mate, please excuse the terrible gameplay and video angles. It was literally straight out of the box and my first game.

I'll be a doing proper video in a couple of weeks once I've had an opportunity to learn the shots and the rules. After I packed the cameras away I spent a good hour playing it and the combos are a delight.

Hopefully it gives you a bit more information but it's certainly a very good game.

Very unlucky - more than 10 new stern’s and not had that problem.

Mmm, that’s really unlucky dude.
Glad you got sorted 👍

I find this odd.

The chap on Pinside has purchased the game and rated it without being rude. He's even said that the shots are great and he loves Elwin.

Evidently he's not impressed with the video and audio yet the validity of his opinions are 'flagged'.

Did he have to give it a 10 or perhaps pretend to like aspects of the game that he didn't?

He's not lying either, he sold that very machine on pinside after 43 games [emoji23]

View attachment 123236View attachment 123237
Buys comic book version of something and is then disappointed it's the comic book version, erm, yeah, ok

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seems to be like that recently.

Stranger Things - magnetic ball lock
TMNT - servos failures (some not even working straight out the box)
AIQ - Subway mech

Having said that I would still go LE/Prem for AIQ everytime,the captain marvel ramp is pure greatness, luckily I’ve had no issues with mine rejecting unless it’s my fault and I’m enjoying the subway a lot, gives me time to think.

Although some sort of mirror panel maybe out of that thin stuff @xianek has would make it more visually pleasing and worthwhile.
send me a card template or better still draw something up and we can work a proto out between us

Col

@Marvello

Here you go mate, please excuse the terrible gameplay and video angles. It was literally straight out of the box and my first game.

I'll be a doing proper video in a couple of weeks once I've had an opportunity to learn the shots and the rules. After I packed the cameras away I spent a good hour playing it and the combos are a delight.

Hopefully it gives you a bit more information but it's certainly a very good game.

Love your entusiasm m8 and its nice to see another real life player playing their very first game from NIB which reminds me very much of my usual experiance when having my 1st game.
There are too many pinball gods who hit every shot 1st time everytime and lose me with the depth and complexity of what they are doing keep up the good work I look forward to your gameplay video once you are dialled in.
well done

oh and I love your camera angles better than the usual top down ones.

Col

😂 A master at work mate. Man and machine in perfect harmony . . . . unfortunately the man has the reactions of a sloth.
That’s like me mate, the ball is a metre away from going SDTM and I stare at it before thinking about tilting 😂 I’m getting better with the outllanes though.....

Back
Top Bottom