What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starwars trilogy blinking ,not working

Can anyone point me to where the test points are for the 5v on these
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 9
Turn the machine on and you should have 4 red leds lit which will tell you that you have 5V...

Thanks guys ,I'm getting 4.9 at that red mark
How do I go about taking a reading at those pins ,just with connector on there or take it off and read from connector ?

I'm getting a good 5 v on both boards ,
I got the wrong ribbon cable ,for between the two boards ,so have the proper one on the way now

So the 5v is good on both boards and the ribbon can between them is replaced .
It's still doing the same thing
Is there anything else I can try myself ?

I haven't had batteries in it ,since it it was repaired before ,so hoping I can find someone maybe to look at the boards .ive sent a few emails ,see if anyone gets back .

your fault is on the pal chip thats the smaller one next to the batteries all the gi is flashing like an alarm then thats where you problem is not voltages or ribbon cables if it socketed flip it out clean the legs and pop it in if the battery damage has come back in to the socket or chip then your in trouble

bad news buddy it u213 if you scrolll up this post a bit you will another picture of a white star pcb and it socketed so are some aren't also I clearly see yours is battery damaged around that area so you will need a new pal chip dedicated to Star Wars and a socket and somebody who knows what there doing to fit it

I never knew the pal chip was game specific! I thought it would only be the roms, that could save me a mistake in the future!

Thanks guys .It was just sent to someone that knows what they doing today
Are those pals hard to come by ?

Back
Top Bottom