What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Home Pin Comic Art Edition

Ah man, I really did not dig Rogue One at all. It's so grey. All the characters are souless husks. Literally can't even remember the name of the main chick. They had to add the droid in for some comedy as it was all so flat. Tbf it's a masterpiece compared to The Last Jedi but that isn't saying a lot!

First person I've ever heard to slate it :hmm:... a great ode to the 1980's originals for me and far better than the latest SW films.

First person I've ever heard to slate it :hmm:... a great ode to the 1980's originals for me and far better than the latest SW films.

There's a lot of us. We have to be an underground movement as the people who get overly excited by a CGI uncanny valley Grand Moff Tarkin are angered easily by any dissenting voices. I would somewhat agree, it is better than the newest films which are an absolute disaster for the most part.

There's a lot of us. We have to be an underground movement as the people who get overly excited by a CGI uncanny valley Grand Moff Tarkin are angered easily by any dissenting voices. I would somewhat agree, it is better than the newest films which are an absolute disaster for the most part.
Get back underground........

Rogue One is a really good film elevated to greatness by approx 1 min at the end where Darth Vader f*cks up some rebel scum!

But it’s not better than Empire, have a word with yourself 😂

Reactions: JMP
The UK price on a home pin is too much.

HLD had them listed at £5.5k
If they retailed at £4K they would stand a chance.
Now add the 25% on top........ depending what happens in the new year.
Stern have priced themselves out of the market.
If Costco had them in the uk like the transformers home pin, they may sell a couple over Christmas to rich families who will eventually put it in the garage and eventually forget about it.
It is a really enjoyable game.
It’s nothing like a pro/premium/LE as this is Gomez designed.

all that Star Wars is a load of old tat since The Mandalorian started. Loving this show more than I thought I would. Just hope Disney don't start to reduce the budget.

Shaun- "Hey Ed, you wanna come around the gaff later to play pinball?"
Ed- "Holy skunk smoke, you got a real Pinball in your cave?"
Shaun- "ermmm......... well........ kinda..........well, not exactly....its a .........home pin"
Ed- " Ahh, I think I've heard about those, aren't they similar to the ones in the arcade but not built as tough, heard they have like MDF in them or somethin, did it cost much?"
Shaun- " 5.5k"
Ed- " fuuuuuckkk - But can't you buy a real one for that price?"
Shaun- oh fcuk off!!!!

:)

^^^^ I’ll pass, screwing things in over time won’t be as good a fix.
I also wonder if these builds are a preliminary field test of things to come in the future. Done under the radar in the guise of Home Pin.

Last edited:
Stern already use a lot of particle board in cabinets.
Pro, Prem, LE? I know they do in the home pins but thought it was limited in the above to only the base board being MDF, changed recently to ply on newer Sterns?
Main cab bodies and reinforcements are surely ply / laminated wood, you can see in the factory when they prep the cabs prior to decals.
Main issue of Home Pins, the whole thing is particle board, just buy a Pro. I’d leave this model to the unsuspecting casual buyer, not sure why a veteran would buy one of these knowing the build quality. Destined to start coming apart at the seams after a few moves...

Last edited:
any one have the sound mod for the LE, not comic one

I noticed this game has gone to the number 2 ranked machine on Pinside

I noticed this game has gone to the number 2 ranked machine on Pinside
I noticed that too, reading the Star Wars thread there seems to have been some collective effort to get it there. Not sure how that's possible but goes to show the ratings should be taken with a pinch of salt.

The comic book art is so great. Would love a blast on one of these. Pinside virgin collective pushing it to the top is classic but I'm glad the negativity towards the game is dissipating a bit.

I want to ask about the home version. Its size of the playfield is same withe normal pro edition? or the smallest; To me it looks a bit fake but maybe the smallest screen is to blame

I want to ask about the home version. Its size of the playfield is same withe normal pro edition? or the smallest; To me it looks a bit fake but maybe the smallest screen is to blame
Yeah, it’s the same size, but a ‘budget’ version. Smaller LCD and not as many toys etc. For the money, I would try and find a secondhand Pro.

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom