What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Home Pin Comic Art Edition

JAG555

Site Supporter
Anyone else think that the Star Wars Home Pin Comic Art Edition looks amazing?

I cannot get over how cool the playfield looks!

As I already have an LE (and the cost of the home pins vs a Pro) it’s not an option, but I do think it looks cool and the game play actually looks OK. Shame about the phone size screen and the price though........

0DD92900-17C0-4CAC-AD9E-FA3BA9495CF8.png
17BCC3EE-E899-4E02-AA98-E6850BB55049.png

A friend of mine has the Star Wars Home Pin (normal artwork). I upgraded the audio - put in stereo backbox speakers and a subwoofer and I must say it is the game I play the most when I visit. Over AFMrm/ToM/TMNT/MBrm.

I believe he has the only one in the UK. If I could get a used one, I certainly would have one. Has some great shots.

The small display does not bother me.

I would moan about the cabinet is chip board - it wont take to being moved for 20 years like Bally/Williams pins but it is not for that market.

Watch all the haters post that have not played it!!!!!

@James - can you stick on your input about this.

I think it looks stunning.

I've only played the full sized machine once and that was in a darkened arcade and not many games. I'm keeping an open mind on it until I can play it properly.

A friend of mine has the Star Wars Home Pin (normal artwork). I upgraded the audio - put in stereo backbox speakers and a subwoofer and I must say it is the game I play the most when I visit. Over AFMrm/ToM/TMNT/MBrm.

I believe he has the only one in the UK. If I could get a used one, I certainly would have one. Has some great shots.

The small display does not bother me.

I would moan about the cabinet is chip board - it wont take to being moved for 20 years like Bally/Williams pins but it is not for that market.

Watch all the haters post that have not played it!!!!!

@James - can you stick on your input about this.
I have to say, when I saw a video of this playing, it looked a lot of fun!

Shame the pricing is so close to the Pro level, but then each to their own.

I think it looks stunning.

I've only played the full sized machine once and that was in a darkened arcade and not many games. I'm keeping an open mind on it until I can play it properly.

I have an LE and I love it (being a huge Star Wars fan helps), but it is a game that tends to divide opinion. I have to say, I hated it first time I played it, but it grew on me so much, I bought the LE.

This home pin art is just another level in my opinion!

Last edited:
I have an LE and I love it (being a huge Star Wars fan helps), but it a game that tends to divide opinion. I have to say, I hated it first time I played it, but it grew on me so much, I bought the LE.

This home pin art is just another level in my opinion!

Well I'm a massive Star Wars fan but I sort of assumed most on here were. Let's face it, we're all big kids paying thousands for the best toys in the world.

The flow looks pretty good on that small home table.

I think perhaps I was initially a little underwhelmed when I saw Stern Star Wars. It sort of missed the wow factor of a massive falcon, droid, X wing, or command ship. It does look a bit bare and the lack of blades doesn't help.

However I definitely feel like I need to give the shots and theme integration another go. It's a SR game which I do seem to enjoy more than most. I've certainly not ruled out getting a pro at some point.

Well I'm a massive Star Wars fan but I sort of assumed most on here were. Let's face it, we're all big kids paying thousands for the best toys in the world.

The flow looks pretty good on that small home table.

I think perhaps I was initially a little underwhelmed when I saw Stern Star Wars. It sort of missed the wow factor of a massive falcon, droid, X wing, or command ship. It does look a bit bare and the lack of blades doesn't help.

However I definitely feel like I need to give the shots and theme integration another go. It's a SR game which I do seem to enjoy more than most. I've certainly not ruled out getting a pro at some point.

Yeah, I have to agree on the lack of toys and it is a little bare, but once you get into it, some of the modes are amazing. The video mode is the best I have played (I mean you fly the Falcon, what can be better than that!).

Also the code makes a huge difference, like always the latest code makes this game.

I have played it yes as @Pick Holder has said. Here is my views on it.

The Pin is an excellent pinball machine which could have been a massive success and excellent gateway drug, or if at the right price point, bought a number of number of people into "The Pin" market as buyers and ultimately, into the hobby. Stern have screwed that opportunity with the price, and really, their shocking marketing of the game.

It is stripped back both from a code point of view, and to some extent, toys wise even from a pro. Possibly too much on the code front for me, but I am a real code nut as everyone knows. If it is a smaller cabinet, I couldn't tell looking at it. The stripped back LCD was noticeable, but didn't ditract from the game. The speakers on the one I have played has been upgraded. So cannot comment on the audio.

For me, I always say it is the game that if I had a few friends over for a few beers (remember that), they would lean into. It's a lot of fun to play and that is what makes pinball, pinball.

I don't agree with the logic that it's the same money as a "real" pinball machine, this is a "real" pinball machine, it's just stripped back. This is where Stern got their marketing and price points wrong. If Stern would have called this the "Home" version, and lined it up as the Home, Pro, Premium, LE, everyones mindset about it would have been vastly different. As for the price point, it should site at £3k - £3.5k for a NIB and Stern would have cleaned up. As it uses componentry common with others, think of the economies of scale they could have achieved with this product out there at that price, especially in the even bigger USA market. We all love to wax lyrical about the Stern manufacturing capability, but if they truly, and I mean truly broke the back of the home market, that would be a different beast and require a much more streamlined factory than they have now, far more efficient and much more profit.

Do I think if it was priced correctly it would lead to cannabilisation (I guess an answer to do I think it is a "competitor" to Pro level machines). I think there would be some, but it would be around the edges. I think it would affect the Bally Williams market more, where first time owners getting into the hobby were looking at a game and thinking, hmmm an Fish Tales at £2.2k or a Star Wars home, NIB for £3k - no brainer.

I actually really like Star Wars and would love to have one, so would I have the "Home" over the "Pro". No. The depth of the shot multipliers, the path to Jedi, the choice of characters etc. is too much of a draw. However, to state the "Home" isn't a real pin is ********. It's just a stripped back game, with Stern seemingly wanting to do something with that market, but knowing what except to gouge gouge gouge.

I disagree with the hyper loop kills the flow the shot is at a shocking angle and you often get rejection s I have owned both for some time and settled on keeping the pro and selling the le
I am also not a lover of the comic art and you are playing the film in the game not the comic

Hey, each to their own, but in my opinion that Hyperloop shot is one of the best in pinball and I would not want to be without it.

Regarding the art, to be fair I also like the original art, as it also has a little ‘hand drawn’ effect to it.

I have played it yes as @Pick Holder has said. Here is my views on it.

The Pin is an excellent pinball machine which could have been a massive success and excellent gateway drug, or if at the right price point, bought a number of number of people into "The Pin" market as buyers and ultimately, into the hobby. Stern have screwed that opportunity with the price, and really, their shocking marketing of the game.

It is stripped back both from a code point of view, and to some extent, toys wise even from a pro. Possibly too much on the code front for me, but I am a real code nut as everyone knows. If it is a smaller cabinet, I couldn't tell looking at it. The stripped back LCD was noticeable, but didn't ditract from the game. The speakers on the one I have played has been upgraded. So cannot comment on the audio.

For me, I always say it is the game that if I had a few friends over for a few beers (remember that), they would lean into. It's a lot of fun to play and that is what makes pinball, pinball.

I don't agree with the logic that it's the same money as a "real" pinball machine, this is a "real" pinball machine, it's just stripped back. This is where Stern got their marketing and price points wrong. If Stern would have called this the "Home" version, and lined it up as the Home, Pro, Premium, LE, everyones mindset about it would have been vastly different. As for the price point, it should site at £3k - £3.5k for a NIB and Stern would have cleaned up. As it uses componentry common with others, think of the economies of scale they could have achieved with this product out there at that price, especially in the even bigger USA market. We all love to wax lyrical about the Stern manufacturing capability, but if they truly, and I mean truly broke the back of the home market, that would be a different beast and require a much more streamlined factory than they have now, far more efficient and much more profit.

Do I think if it was priced correctly it would lead to cannabilisation (I guess an answer to do I think it is a "competitor" to Pro level machines). I think there would be some, but it would be around the edges. I think it would affect the Bally Williams market more, where first time owners getting into the hobby were looking at a game and thinking, hmmm an Fish Tales at £2.2k or a Star Wars home, NIB for £3k - no brainer.

I actually really like Star Wars and would love to have one, so would I have the "Home" over the "Pro". No. The depth of the shot multipliers, the path to Jedi, the choice of characters etc. is too much of a draw. However, to state the "Home" isn't a real pin is ********. It's just a stripped back game, with Stern seemingly wanting to do something with that market, but knowing what except to gouge gouge gouge.

What are they priced at here in the UK? £4k?

Derailing the thread slightly, but I would like to see Stern or JJP getting their hands on The Mandalorian license.
I would LOVE to see that!

My prediction is this will be the next or the one after for Stern (maybe a little bit of wishful thinking, as no evidence to support that statement, just a guess!)

I disagree with the hyper loop kills the flow the shot is at a shocking angle and you often get rejection s I have owned both for some time and settled on keeping the pro and selling the le
I am also not a lover of the comic art and you are playing the film in the game not the comic

Interesting. I've not heard of someone preferring the Pro. I need to play this game. I bloody love Star Wars. Well. The OG trilogy anyway. The rest are obviously hot garbage.

Ah man, I really did not dig Rogue One at all. It's so grey. All the characters are souless husks. Literally can't even remember the name of the main chick. They had to add the droid in for some comedy as it was all so flat. Tbf it's a masterpiece compared to The Last Jedi but that isn't saying a lot!

Ah man, I really did not dig Rogue One at all. It's so grey. All the characters are souless husks. Literally can't even remember the name of the main chick. They had to add the droid in for some comedy as it was all so flat. Tbf it's a masterpiece compared to The Last Jedi but that isn't saying a lot!

Where is the Report Button?!?!??

Back
Top Bottom