What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Star Trek TNG 16 opto switch board.

John Beveridge

Site Supporter
Hi does anyone know where i can buy a new 16 - opto board part number A- 16998 for a Star Trek TNG . I am working on one for a friend that has been not working for a long time and it has a faulty board with many dodgy looking repairs carried out at some point in the past. I`d also consider a second hand board if 100 % working.
I trawled through countless sellers and each and every one is out of stock.

Thanks in advance,

John Beveridge.

Thanks , i have tried them but when you click on to buy it says not available in this quantity ( which is 1) .......basically they don`t have it like everyone else but thanks for trying it is appreciated Phil.

Thanks but i have already tried a board A -22019 and it doesn`t work in TNG properly. It is compatible with No Good Gofers and Champion Pub only. I bought one from the Pinball Center in Germany as they listed the board as compatible but it won`t play unless you only use 4 balls instead of 6 .........which makes the game playable but get to the Final Frontier and it all falls apart ! Anyway i have returned the board for a refund and am starting from scratch looking for the exact board which seems impossible to find right now !
Cheers,
John.

Hi, thanks for that but i had seen the advert and the board is untested so not something i want to take a risk on.........plus the seller wants more money than many sellers ask for a brand new one.

Anyway thanks for trying,

Cheers,
John.

John can that not one not be refurbished? If I remember right it's just some resistors and optos? I have an old one from one of my old TNG's I could maybe rebuild?

Ronnie

Edit I'm thinking of the trough board, clearly this is not what you mean now I have woken up!!

No worries Ronnie, If i can get a new board it would hopefully eliminate various faults. The original board has had lots of tinkering done with it and i have tried a second hand one that just has a different list of faults !
Cheers,
John.

Thanks for that, i have bought the board from Sascha ( knazzo) which hopefully takes me a step forward trying to solve the many problems that came with this machine. The board i bought from The Pinball Center in Germany has been returned and refunded today so that`s all good. I have a feeling there is still a surprise or two......or three in store for me with the TNG !

Back
Top Bottom