What's new

Wanted Star Trek TNG 16 opto switch board.

John Beveridge

Site Supporter
Hi does anyone know where i can buy a new 16 - opto board part number A- 16998 for a Star Trek TNG . I am working on one for a friend that has been not working for a long time and it has a faulty board with many dodgy looking repairs carried out at some point in the past. I`d also consider a second hand board if 100 % working.
I trawled through countless sellers and each and every one is out of stock.

Thanks in advance,

John Beveridge.

Thanks , i have tried them but when you click on to buy it says not available in this quantity ( which is 1) .......basically they don`t have it like everyone else but thanks for trying it is appreciated Phil.

Thanks but i have already tried a board A -22019 and it doesn`t work in TNG properly. It is compatible with No Good Gofers and Champion Pub only. I bought one from the Pinball Center in Germany as they listed the board as compatible but it won`t play unless you only use 4 balls instead of 6 .........which makes the game playable but get to the Final Frontier and it all falls apart ! Anyway i have returned the board for a refund and am starting from scratch looking for the exact board which seems impossible to find right now !
Cheers,
John.

Hi, thanks for that but i had seen the advert and the board is untested so not something i want to take a risk on.........plus the seller wants more money than many sellers ask for a brand new one.

Anyway thanks for trying,

Cheers,
John.

John can that not one not be refurbished? If I remember right it's just some resistors and optos? I have an old one from one of my old TNG's I could maybe rebuild?

Ronnie

Edit I'm thinking of the trough board, clearly this is not what you mean now I have woken up!!

No worries Ronnie, If i can get a new board it would hopefully eliminate various faults. The original board has had lots of tinkering done with it and i have tried a second hand one that just has a different list of faults !
Cheers,
John.

Thanks for that, i have bought the board from Sascha ( knazzo) which hopefully takes me a step forward trying to solve the many problems that came with this machine. The board i bought from The Pinball Center in Germany has been returned and refunded today so that`s all good. I have a feeling there is still a surprise or two......or three in store for me with the TNG !

Back
Top Bottom