What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Spiderman workshop

image.jpeg Can't fit the right ramp as the pop bumper fits under it but built up the rest of the playfield and right ramp temporary pretty much all done now apart from flippers to rebuild
Cab has been cleaned inside and out also waxed new external shooter Spring

Enjoying this thread too and interested in the products being used T-Cut and Autoglym Super Resin Polish. I use this polish on my car followed by Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection which seals the polish and makes it super shiney. I wonder if this would work well on pins too.

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Enjoying this thread too and interested in the products being used T-Cut and Autoglym Super Resin Polish. I use this polish on my car followed by Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection which seals the polish and makes it super shiney. I wonder if this would work well on pins too.

Thanks for sharing your expertise.
Hi Aston,
We use the super resin extra gloss combo on our tables works a treat.......:thumbs:

Great work.

You mention using traffic film remover on the wiring loom?

Can you give a bit more detail on how you do this? Application method maybe and possibly a link to the stuff you use?

My R&B loom is on a spare bit of ply at the moment just to keep it layed out the right way, but before refitting it back to the playfield I reckon it could do with a jolly good clean. The idea of applying liquids to a loom still scares the crap out of me, although i'm led to believe it's all fine so long as you let it dry thoroughly before hooking everything back up?

Great work.

You mention using traffic film remover on the wiring loom?

Can you give a bit more detail on how you do this? Application method maybe and possibly a link to the stuff you use?

My R&B loom is on a spare bit of ply at the moment just to keep it layed out the right way, but before refitting it back to the playfield I reckon it could do with a jolly good clean. The idea of applying liquids to a loom still scares the crap out of me, although i'm led to believe it's all fine so long as you let it dry thoroughly before hooking everything back up?

Hi yes I will let you know later

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Ok on most stern games with magnets they are always mushroomed over and can be a real pain to remove from the playfield this one wasn't too bad and removed easily but still needed a turn down and re face in the lathe

seen your for sale 'as is' and 'shopped' prices and they're only a few hundred quid different. I think you should charge a bit more for shopping, this is more than a wipe over with a rag!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Ok pics of the foam cleaner I use I just buy this from pinball heaven
The tfr I buy from e bay and apply it with the pressure sprayer and use a paint brush on the stubborn dirty

seen your for sale 'as is' and 'shopped' prices and they're only a few hundred quid different. I think you should charge a bit more for shopping, this is more than a wipe over with a rag!
Yes you are probably right Phil as it is a lot of time and effort but if a jobs worth doing its worth doing right I probably am just about covering the cost of parts on this one as I am doing it fully led
I think the as is option is good for the diy person and it saved them a few quid plus it's the enjoyment to see it turned round
But for other people who maybe don't have the skills and all the tools you need then the workshoped option is better

Thanks Chris.

After you've used the traffic film remover do you just rinse it off with clean water?

Nice Myford Super 7 Chris. They don't make them like that anymore.

The foam cleaner is good stuff. Just a spray and a wipe to get rid of all that black dirt. I use it regularly. Polish to flatten and wax to seal.

Nice Myford Super 7 Chris. They don't make them like that anymore.

You have a lathe ?
That's what I call having that right tool for the job :thumbs:

Me a wet stone and a file :(
Thanks Andrew and Carl its my dads workshop and i usually just dump stuff like that off with him but sadly he is terminally ill with cancer so i am on a crash coarse to learn how to use all his machinery and there is a lot to take in

Thanks Andrew and Carl its my dads workshop and i usually just dump stuff like that off with him but sadly he is terminally ill with cancer so i am on a crash coarse to learn how to use all his machinery and there is a lot to take in
Sorry to hear that mate.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Next thing to change that worn pop bumper skirt these are much easier on sterns than Bally Williams due to them having wires to the bulb holder rather than the ridged things on Bally Williams that are also stapled on the playfield also they just connect to a board with a diode on under the playfield so a quick de solder and remove it from the playfield swap the skirt then back in perfect

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Now on to the most important part of the game for me re building the flippers nothing worse than a week flipper
Stern flippers are pretty good really you never really have to change the crank
I always think it is easier to remove the whole assembly and put it on the bench rather than struggle on the machine for the sake of de soldering 4wires
Ok on a normall flipper re build I always replace
Coil sleeve
Plunger and link
End stop
Spring
And Allen key bolt this seems to be the highest wearing part to be honest I also replaced the nylon bush on one of them due to it being cracked the coils and eos switches where all ok so no need to change those

Back
Top Bottom