What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Something New* A Pinball Art 'Zine!

Lippy

Registered
Hello Ballers
This is Lippy. I am a professional illustrator and animator here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I’ve been a pinhead since age 11 and I have just published my first Artist's Book based on PINBALL and my memories & visual impressions of growing up as a player/enthusiast in the 60’s & 70’s.

“Binge Trigger” is the title, and it’s a 12-page, pamphlet sized, ‘zine with hand-pulled silkscreened images and stories based on my relationship with pinball. It’s a limited edition of 200 copies signed & numbered — and every copy includes a custom silkscreened sticker that is UV-tolerant so it stays vibrant for more than 5 years in direct sunlight. Stick it on your favorite machine! (never, right?)

You can see more information about the book and watch a short video about its production here:

http://www.lippy.com/binge-trigger-1/

Please let me know what you think. You’re my people.
Enjoy,
Lippy

Sample:
i0.wp.com_www.lippy.com_wp_content_uploads_2016_03_WilliamsProc3e7f9a60788d85d0b17dea116107454.jpg

I noticed this a few days ago and nearly made a post about it, but ... "Only ships to USA"

Hi Lippy / Michael
i think it looks excellent, i especially like what i can see of the lettering as i'm a 70's underground comix fan, having boxes of several hundred of them. your lettering looks like the work of Dave Geiser or Skip Williamson. but yeah, what Paul said about shipping?

this is a UK-based forum you see - not all of us, but >90% of us are here in Old Blighty with our stiff upper lips and rods up our ****s.
gif snow white pingpong balls.gif

Guys! I'm such a distracted American! I didn't realize that this Forum was so UK-centric (but now that I know -- I'm glad that it is).

Hmm -- if I researched the postage fees from here in the States to the UK would you guys be interested in ordering a copy?

In any case, thank you for the compliments on the book. It was a labor of love.
_Lip

Hi Guys..
It's looking like it's approx. 35 Pounds to send the book(s) to you. That would NOT include the $20/ea. for the books themselves. Sounds like a lot. You still interested?

Thanks Lippy, do you know how many books could we get for that postage?

If say 10 people were after this I would be prepared to do the distributing. Maybe people who are interested should post here to get an idea if it would be worthwhile.

i think you may have done your maths wrong, as i've bought a 200-page booklet from the US for a postage cost of $33.
i'd have paid the same $25 (£17.30) as the Americans and felt guilty for spending so much, but pleased to be supporting a fellow pinhead; but with postage to UK it comes to £35 + £13.80 = £48.80 which is too steep for me for a 12-page 'zine.

thanks for looking into it but sadly i'm out.

hmmm.... Let me do a bit more checking. It may be that for approx £35 I can send many more than 1 'zine in the same package.
I'll be back!
Thanks for the support, guys.

Back
Top Bottom