What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So where are these bloody machines?

I've had the emails but haven't been on pinside for a few days. Don't think I'll bother now.Too much drama.

I'll give JJP lots of credit for shipping machines but they still aren't exactly covering themselves in glory are they? Nine months late with the Hobbit and charging MMr buyers full whack for their machines back in July when they knew they weren't ready to ship is really dodgy behaviour.

Sterns lack of code for machines is woeful plus £7 grand for a game then you have to buy the topper etc. :mad:

I'm wondering if we'll hit a tipping point soon and the golden goose will be killed or will we still be willing to pony up for the next good title that comes along.

"I'm wondering if we'll hit a tipping point soon and the golden goose will be killed or will we still be willing to pony up for the next good title that comes along"

Unless it's a BBB remake there is no way I will pre-order again, life can change so much in a week let alone 18 months, 2 years + There should be a firm delivery date issued from the start, if the machine is not delivered by that date then the price should come down £100 a week, sure that would shake things up a bit, it's a ****take.

My best guess would be that some people have contacted FOX about the license and found out there was no such license to begin with. I'd go so far to say perhaps Kevin has had multiple C+D's from FOX and has resulted in this current situation where he could either be trying to knock out the machines under the radar, or even trying to hash out a last minute deal with FOX so the project can move forward. Obviously I hope its the latter but I'm not holding out much hope at this point.

I'll give JJP lots of credit for shipping machines but they still aren't exactly covering themselves in glory are they? Nine months late with the Hobbit and charging MMr buyers full whack for their machines back in July when they knew they weren't ready to ship is really dodgy behaviour.

Sterns lack of code for machines is woeful plus £7 grand for a game then you have to buy the topper etc. :mad:

I'm wondering if we'll hit a tipping point soon and the golden goose will be killed or will we still be willing to pony up for the next good title that comes along.
Hey John , did you buy a topper for TWD ?

I've had the emails but haven't been on pinside for a few days. Don't think I'll bother now.Too much drama.
Pinside kick off to easily, that's why I ain't even going there. I'm just standing back and hoping for the best not much else you can do.
This must be the the biggest risk with the biggest pay off if it comes off pin out there.

I liked the Walking Dead topper but another £400 is too much money. Not too sure about how it fits on top of the machine as to my eye it should go closer to the edges. For £200 I probably would have bought one and got into deep trouble, My daughter hates the machine so I've had to hide it at the end of the room:(

I think it looks awesome , can't see to many people in the U.K. buying one as like you say $400 +shipping and import duty is a lot more on top of a already expensive machine.
But it does look chuffing cool.

I think it's a little unfair to lump JJP into the same group. He's got about 1500 machines delivered so far so it's far from 'vapourware'. Granted it's not ideal have a moving delivery date but at least you can be confident you will receive a machine eventually

Stern as good as use a pre order system for LEs too. If you want any chance of owning one you need to get it ordered before you even seen a gameplay video
Reckon you may be able to get a Wrestlemania LE no problem in the future:D

Love the TWD topper, but you paid an extra 2k+ for an LE, why should you have to pay out again :mad:.

Is Stern selling this, that would be so wrong.

Sterns new venture, the mod shop.
Extras to buy for your brand new pinball that you just bought from Stern and now they want even more of your money for stuff that should have already come with the machine that you just bought.
Welcome to the world of bleeding you dry.

"I'm wondering if we'll hit a tipping point soon and the golden goose will be killed or will we still be willing to pony up for the next good title that comes along"

Unless it's a BBB remake there is no way I will pre-order again, life can change so much in a week let alone 18 months, 2 years + There should be a firm delivery date issued from the start, if the machine is not delivered by that date then the price should come down £100 a week, sure that would shake things up a bit, it's a ****take.

Andy, have you played BBB.

Nope but I played with a tube dancer years ago and that was a lot of fun :D, if I can't acquire then there is little point in winding myself up by playing one, just more of a wind up, first dibs on yours when you shift to make way for a Gilligan's Island ;), BBB is the ultimate theme for me.

Back
Top Bottom