What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So where are these bloody machines?

If I thought I'd stand a chance of getting a refund I'd ask for it. I suspect the money is long since spent. Pretty much written off the cash now as an expensive lesson. Hell, I'd take an EOD machine instead as better something than nothing but doubt that will ever come out either.

Oh well. Once bitten.....

i'm still only on page 23, 3 pages to go ...... haven't got to the bits about our Yub yet.

i didn't think the Experts of Dangerous was so bad as an idea, basically Revenge of the Crash Test Dummies.
and i just spent ten minutes searching for the video they made about it - but it's been taken down

Haha, I can't read all those threads, half of it is just constant bickering between the regs, waste of time and if you did have money down it cannot be good for the nervous system. Generally 1 to 2 pages is enough to get the gist of it all.

Well, with EOD, I don't think it's universal. Just appeals to a minority, same as FT, from myself and what I pick up from other there's no interest in it. The art was shocking as well, risky theme.

Oh EOD is a truly shockingly **** theme BUT I'd probably still want one if only for the knowledge that there would only be 20 or so ever made.:oops: It's hard to imagine a theme that someone decided to licence which has less mass appeal.

Maybe I should contact Kevin and wire him some more money so I don't miss out on the chance of getting a pre-order. :popcorn:

I'd love to know if anyone stayed with the MM remake from Wayne and resulted in getting a MMr at a knock down price. Surely no one can have been quite that loyal.

Anyone know what's going on with Captain Nemo?

I hope you guys paid with credit cards and can get a chargeback or Some Kids In The Basement will have spent it. :(

For what it's worth, as I previously said, I think the machines are most likely going to be completed, but I don't believe that they have got the licence, hence why they removed all Predator branding from their website, and hence all the secrecy.

What I think they are doing, is building up every single machine in one go, and then they are going to release the whole lot for shipping in one go, and before the Predator licence holders know what has hit them, shut up shop to avoid the sueball that will inevitably follow.

I could be entirely wrong, but that just seems what's going on to me.

As long as people get their machines and don't lose their money, that's the main thing. If I was waiting on one, I wouldn't care if it was official or not, as long as it turns up.

On the plus side, the machine being unlicenced would likely make it more desirable in the future, as there would likely be only a small number in circulation, with no chance of a re-run.

Fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting for one. It looks like an aweome machine and I really hope everyone gets one that is waiting :)

What I think they are doing, is building up every single machine in one go, and then they are going to release the whole lot for shipping in one go, and before the Predator licence holders know what has hit them, shut up shop to avoid the sueball that will inevitably follow.

But (and assuming the US legal position is the same as here) Kevin's balls would still be on the line... you can't go using incorporated entities to perpetrate wilful infringement/fraud!

Fingers crossed for anyone in on it though.

But (and assuming the US legal position is the same as here) Kevin's balls would still be on the line... you can't go using incorporated entities to perpetrate wilful infringement/fraud!

Fingers crossed for anyone in on it though.

Totally, I can not see this being the case.

What I think is happening is sanitise his web site and as much of the web as possible, keep us stringing along as long as possible, some folks will just give up, paypal are no longer interested as its been 180+ days, credit card companies will no doubt have to investigate what we have purchased but find nothing to do with Predator pinball on their site or the web in general so what purchase is that you made sir?

I am really cheesed off as Kevin at the moment just appears to be taking us all for a ride and getting away with it!
Just release a photo of something, even if its under an NDA to the folks that have paid in!

Unfortunately this is the risk with pre-order or pre-plan/off plan in my case, lost 2 properties (Bulgaria/Turkey) like this when the 2007/8 recession hit, got wiped out and had to start again, it is a kick in the head but on the plus side, it's a couple of grand and a fairly cheap lesson in life compared to some, I am bored of waiting for MMR though, I would probably ditch now if I had the chance as my interest has moved on but at least I have no worries about it turning up.

Wrong choice of words I think, but the point is that the license holder can argue that by producing an unlicensed product, you bring their name into disrepute and can seek damages.
Just me being a pedant ;) Yeah, an infringement action from the rights holder(s) would be heavy to say the least!

What a mess. Think I'll stick to pins from last century for a while yet! (Not that I've got room for any more anyway, or even the two I have!)

Best of luck to all of you with cash sunk into these various pins.

I think it's a bit weirder than this though. All mention of the P word went before the final balance was asked for. :confused: I wonder if we'll ever get the full story? I'm still wondering if the licence was only for 3 years and expired before the machines were made.

May I suggest this idea as a compromise playfield. :p

www.thewolf.ca_files_2013_06_tumblr_ltrx1kYNGL1r5u6kwo1_500.png

More weirdness now from Pinside with claims that a big reveal is in 2 weeks. Genuine or attempted damage limitation? Why the **** would anyone pre-order? From now on it's 2nd hand machines only for me (until the next good theme comes along.....)

I am bored of waiting for MMR though, I would probably ditch now if I had the chance as my interest has moved on but at least I have no worries about it turning up.
I'm getting bored of waiting for MMr too, but at least it looks like we are actually going to get the machines some time this year.

Also getting bored of waiting for the Hobbit, when are they actually going to finish this? Is Jack going to be sued for breach of contract since he said he was contractually obliged to ship before the release of 3rd film?

Maybe Alien will buck the trend of missed deadlines and ship in the next 4-9 weeks?

Maybe Alien will buck the trend of missed deadlines and ship in the next 4-9 weeks?

Pffffft. I'm saying no chance and you know it! After over a year of dev on the FT it was only single player :confused:

At least with MMr you're going to get a quality built machine.

If I'd handed over six grand or more, I'd be getting on a plane and turning up at their door to find out what was happening. Can't someone who lives in the US actually just do that?

I think it's got to the point where people need to stop supporting the pinball machine pre-order model.

If someone wants to make a pin, they need to get funding, build it then sell it. There is too much negativity around pre-ordered machines now.

If people stop being willing to put their cash up front, then the model is going to have to change.

Good luck to everyone with machines outstanding. I hope it all goes well in the end. Particularly with Predator

If someone wants to make a pin, they need to get funding, build it then sell it. There is too much negativity around pre-ordered machines now.

I'd agree - it's taking unfair advantage of the massive enthusiasm in this community, and it's very clear now that most of the teams doing so are in well over their head, particularly on the licensing side but also mass production and quality. I'd even be hesitant to get a Stern until they've released the final ROM so the table can be properly judged.

Not as bored as you will be when you get it :p. Sorry only joking, I'm sure it will be fine ;)
I quite enjoyed playing it at EAG, and I'm sure it will be pretty good when the code is finished, but at this price it needs to be more than just good.

I'm done with pre-orders, (although if Star Wars is announced it's going to be tough resisting :cuckoo:)

I think it's a little unfair to lump JJP into the same group. He's got about 1500 machines delivered so far so it's far from 'vapourware'. Granted it's not ideal have a moving delivery date but at least you can be confident you will receive a machine eventually

Stern as good as use a pre order system for LEs too. If you want any chance of owning one you need to get it ordered before you even seen a gameplay video

Back
Top Bottom