What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted So let's open a 'Can of Sterns' !!

I've got a Metallica Pro and a Ghostbusters Premium - Both are great machines for different reasons: Metallica feels brilliant to play, so rewarding with all the mutiballs/modes and when you lose a ball you tend to feel like it is your fault. Even the soundtrack grew on me (as i'm not a fan of the band). GB is brilliant cos of all the toys and the soundtrack. It can be an unforgiving bugger to play (especially when the 'haunted flippers' send your ball down the middle) but it has that 'one more go' thing about - i can spend hours on it.

In the wild i've loved Spiderman and LOTR.

As for Wrestlemania :eek: played that a few times when it was in Nation of Shopkeepers in Leeds (they replaced a GB Pro!), hated every minute of it.

I have AC/DC premium, TWD le, lotr all are great machines. Lotr is my second since I sold it when I was getting the hobbit - lotr is a way better game. I question sometimes that sterns look cheap in terms of build quality but I got over it to some extent by getting premiums and le's if I can.

I really like POTC as well if you're looking for something a bit more reasonable.

+1 for POTC as well.

Like LOTR as well but that's standard, everyone does. Also spent considerable time on ACDC couple of years ago at NERG. Love it as a pin but the theme doesn't suit me. But what about TSPP? That's an awesome game:

Ahhhh there are just too many good Stern's. This has turned from my Top 3 to Top 7!!

Move outta the way Bally Willams, it's over for you!

POTC is great. Meteor is fantastic but it's the previous Stern era, Im considering getting one of those as I got it in my heats at pinburgh and I smashed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

seems to be a bit of a recurring theme - spiderman keeps popping up all the time :)

Spiderman only lasted about 8 months with me. I enjoyed it but never missed it once it was gone. You should get your money back whatever you buy so I wouldn't worry too much about finding the perfect one. Just buy it, play it, sell/trade it. POTC is great.

A few people have said potc is Great, is it original voices from the films or sound alikes? If the latter has someone done a rom like TWD with the original voices? How much is a potc going for these days?

Pirates is great fun, it's my current go-to game for some pinball fun. bought mine in Jan 2014 for 2300 so would expect nowadays probably about 2500-2800, but that's if you can find one. i don't remember more than one or two coming up for sale in the last few years, people like to hang onto them for a reason. who doesn't like pirates?

aaaaaarrrrrrr

dog dressed as two pirates holding a chest.jpeg
gif flag pirate.gif
gif penguin pirates.gif
gif captain sparrow caribbean-pirates-2.gif
to arrr is pirate.jpg
pumpkin pirate.jpg
pirate_keyboard.jpg

Sopranos and Ripley's, own 'em both and love 'em both. Good rules for an average player like me and super reliable since I've had them.

I'm going to go against the POTC love in. Dan was nice enough to lend me his for a few months a couple of years ago. Bored the tits off me:(

I just found it a real grind of a game. I found myself backhanding it into the chest over and over again. Lots of toys on the game but none of them really grabbed me. I felt the same way about my Ripleys.

Guess it takes all types. I know Dan kept his POTC but sold AC/DC:hmm::cuckoo:

Ripley's can seem a bit off putting as nothing you hit seems to connect up, but, once you know the rules, which are actually quite straight-forward, it makes a huge difference. Typical Pat Lawlor. Watch the Keith Elwin tutorial and you're sorted - it's this favourite machine!

Neil? did you ace the METEOR 7 bank sweep shot? so satisfying back in the day. A similar shot is the 3 ball sweep to light lock direct to ramp on Rollergames

Since owning Spider-Man I've been converted and all of my B/W games are probably for the chop at some point in the near future.

I'm an alright player and the old rules don't keep me occupied for long enough.

Note: System 11's don't count in the above statement ;)

TWD
SM
POTC
GOT

All been said above and all great games IMO.

For anyone who hasn't played GOT give it a go. It's pretty addictive when you know what you are doing.

Worse game by far is KISS. Absolutely dreadful game and wouldn't even take one free if I had the space. Weird thing is Aerosmith is based on KISS which is a fantastic game so maybe consider this if you have the wonga.

I really like KISS, it feels old skool and the artwork is cock-on. My local in Basel has AC-DC, Metallica and KISS, and I play more KISS than the others. Don't know any rules yet, tho...

Back
Top Bottom