What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So i may have bought a Zaccaria......

This is the initial start up. I think the coil humming is from the stepper unit

Attachments

• video-1593808535.mp4
    26.5 MB
with no credits (unless it’s been modified to free play) it shouldn’t do much.

so with no credits on is it all quiet when you power on?

if so try clicking up a credit or two by activating the switch at the bottom of the coin chute that is activated when a valid coin is entered. that should advance the credit reel with a turn of the score motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with no credits (unless it’s been modified to free play) it shouldn’t do much.

so with no credits on is it all quiet when you power on?

if so try clicking up a credit or two by activating the switch at the bottom of the coin chute that is activated when a valid coin is entered. that should advance the credit reel with a turn of the score motor

That was the only way I could get it to power up, was by actuating the coin switch on the door.
Its still clicking away, but is stopping now

Tim

That was the only way I could get it to power up, was by actuating the coin switch on the door.
Its still clicking away, but is stopping now

Tim

Looks like its had some wear on the same stepper.......

Attachments

• 20200703_183025.jpg
    20200703_183025.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 18
And the guilty party from underneath.....

the bonus unit stepper or whatever it is, under the playfield us failing to reset. probably needs cleaning and adjusting. if you can manually reset it. that should step the score motor in the cabinet running. it’s running to try reset that stepper

the bonus unit stepper or whatever it is, under the playfield us failing to reset. probably needs cleaning and adjusting. if you can manually reset it. that should step the score motor in the cabinet running. it’s running to try reset that stepper

Is it the stepper that's sending the score motor crazy?.
I think the gearbox in the motor is worn and/or dirty.

Is it the stepper that's sending the score motor crazy?.
I think the gearbox in the motor is worn and/or dirty.

yes the score motor is turning and turning trying to reset the stepper. you should be able to manually reset the stepper. it’s a step up step down type. ie it has two coils one to step up and one to step down. i can see in the video that the coil is energising but it’s not moving the unit far enough to ‘step’ OR it’s already stepped back as far as it can go, but the switch at the ‘zero’ or ‘reset’ position isn’t working properly. that switch basically tells the score motor to stop!

yes maybe the gearbox is knacked. the motor and gearbox come as a single unit. so it’s a replacement if it is. unless you’re a clock repairer? but it could be something else

yes the score motor is turning and turning trying to reset the stepper. you should be able to manually reset the stepper. it’s a step up step down type. ie it has two coils one to step up and one to step down. i can see in the video that the coil is energising but it’s not moving the unit far enough to ‘step’ OR it’s already stepped back as far as it can go, but the switch at the ‘zero’ or ‘reset’ position isn’t working properly. that switch basically tells the score motor to stop!

yes maybe the gearbox is knacked. the motor and gearbox come as a single unit. so it’s a replacement if it is. unless you’re a clock repairer? but it could be something else

Thanks, yep that makes sense.
I'll give it a look at and see if the switch is at fault. I'll see what I can find with the gearbox :)

actually just played all your first video. the score motor sounds ok to start then it goes bad, so i agee that’s not healthy. have you got a part number on it?

If you look at the motor unit there will usually be a spec and RPM numbers and maybe a voltage number stamped on it. Sometimes you have to unscrew it from the cam assembly to see the other side of the unit, as they stamped the voltage on one side and the RPM on the other. it's also worth taking off to see what type of fitting it has on the end. I am guessing it is a "Mulit Products Co" one as used by the other pinball manufacturers, unless Zac made their own or used a different supplier? its the RPM and the spindle end that are important. Also they made 50Hz and 60Hz models, but if push comes to shove a 60Hz will work, just runs a bit slower when used on 50Hz supply.

If you look at the motor unit there will usually be a spec and RPM numbers and maybe a voltage number stamped on it. Sometimes you have to unscrew it from the cam assembly to see the other side of the unit, as they stamped the voltage on one side and the RPM on the other. it's also worth taking off to see what type of fitting it has on the end. I am guessing it is a "Mulit Products Co" one as used by the other pinball manufacturers, unless Zac made their own or used a different supplier? its the RPM and the spindle end that are important. Also they made 50Hz and 60Hz models, but if push comes to shove a 60Hz will work, just runs a bit slower when used on 50Hz supply.

Thanks for the info Alan, I've not had a great deal of time to have a real good look at it.
I cant have the score motor going around like a racing greyhounds wedding tackle ;-)
I'll check the switch contacts to see if there is a fault there.
Then I'll have a look at the score motor gearing, see if it can be rescued
Thanks Alan

Tim

So didnt have too much spare time.
But with the help of AlanJ, I've gotten the score rotor off. Which Alan says should be riveted on, but this is bolted.
So now I have the score rotor in the rest position, and the motor is still running. But now I can try and find the switch that is causing the motor to keep running.

Attachments

• 20200705_152418.mp4
    73.2 MB
Here is the first rotor in the rest position.
Need to check the rest.

Attachments

• 20200705_152212.jpg
    20200705_152212.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom