What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So i may have bought a Zaccaria......

Longbow

Registered
Well, after saying we wouldn't buy a machine without trying it, I went and bought a non working Moon flight.
Beat me with a stick and call me a muppet, but I love the art work.
Any comments........?
Just waiting for leg bolts and new fuses before I plug it in

Attachments

• 20200701_202939.jpg
    20200701_202939.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20200626-221633_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-221633_eBay.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20200627_085617.jpg
    20200627_085617.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200627_085524.jpg
    20200627_085524.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200627_085558.jpg
    20200627_085558.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200629_203031.jpg
    20200629_203031.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 80
Im a sucker for great art work and im a huge suxker for a Zac! looks great! Hope its a nice easy fix for you

Check and change those fuses please!! i see a 13A house fuse in there where it says "16A" among wrong sizes etc.. Thats before powering up! :)

Im a sucker for great art work and im a huge suxker for a Zac! looks great! Hope its a nice easy fix for you

It doesnt look as though it's been mistreat, it's missing its left flipper button and needs the correct fuses. I'm waiting for some leg bolts and fuses before I can give it a once over, then plug it in

Check and change those fuses please!! i see a 13A house fuse in there where it says "16A" among wrong sizes etc.. Thats before powering up! :)
New fuses already ordered mate, just waiting for those and leg bolts.
There are 2 x 13a fuses there ;-)

Well, after saying we wouldn't buy a machine without trying it, I went and bought a non working Moon flight.
Beat me with a stick and call me a muppet, but I love the art work.
Any comments........?
Just waiting for leg bolts and new fuses before I plug it in
I guess that was the ebay one? It was cheap enough. Hopefully not too much to do on it.

I guess that was the ebay one? It was cheap enough. Hopefully not too much to do on it.

Yes, playfield and back glass is in superb nick, cabinet is pretty good too. Insides don't look like they have been messed with. So hopefully it's just needing some TLC ;-)

Right guys, got the legs on, replaced the odd fuses and cleaned the fuse holders. Gave it a quick once over and couldn't see anything obviously wrong. Then gave it a try.......

Attachments

• 20200703_153343.jpg
    20200703_153343.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 25
and......?
Well it lights up!!!
Most of the game field switches seem to work, although I have no scoring.
The scoring mechanism motor looks to have some wear, and a stepper motor is throwing a wobbly. Think I have a couple of sticking coils too

We are here to help.

When first switched on an EM machine may attempt to reset by activating the score motor (the thing that turns in the base cabinet that has cams with lots of switches attached to those cams). It will also turn the score motor when you put a coin in or press the replay (start button).

generally, the reset cycle does a number of things like setting the score reels all to zero, resetting any bonus steppers, drop target banks etc, resetting the game over and other relays, etc. it will also clock down a credit from the credit score reel, maybe advance the ‘total play meter’ if there is one.

to do this the score motor turns the cam and activates a bunch of switches that all perform individual tasks. it continues to turn until everything is reset.

common problems are that it either never turns or more usually, continuously turns-because another item isn’t resetting properly.

if you have a bonus stepper that is constantly activating. it’s probably because it can’t reset. or it may be that it is resetting but the switch that tells the score motor it has reset is faulty. things can get a bit more complicated as often some of the switches might be on an intermediate relay and so it could be that relay that’s at fault.

Anyhow the starting point is to know exactly what’s is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are here to help.

When first switched on an EM machine may attempt to reset by activating the score motor (the thing that turns in the base cabinet that has cams with lots of switches attached to those cams). It will also turn the score motor when you put a coin in or press the replay (start button).

generally, the reset cycle does a number of things like setting the score reels all to zero, resetting any bonus steppers, drop target banks etc, resetting the game over and other relays, etc. it will also clock down a credit from the credit score reel, maybe advance the ‘total play meter’ if there is one.

to do this the score motor turns the cam and activates a bunch of switches that all perform individual tasks. it continues to turn until everything is reset.

common problems are that it either never turns or more usually, continuously turns-because another item isn’t resetting properly.

if you have a bonus stepper that is constantly activating. it’s probably because it can’t reset. or it may be that it is resetting but the switch that tells the score motor it has reset is faulty. things can get a bit more complicated as often some of the switches might be on an intermediate relay and so it could be that relay that’s at fault.

Anyhow the starting point is to know exactly what’s is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much, great advice.
I'll start by checking the switches to see if any are stuck open/shut

Back
Top Bottom