What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I made my New Year's resolution...

Eala Dubh Sidhe

Registered
...And that was to get another game out by the end of 2019. After two Heighway projects where I lost creative control and had the least amount of reward from, I wanted to take a step back, approach something less intricate but more fun, that I could inject more of my creative personality into as well as my worldbuilding experience in writing comics. There may be one or two other potential options, but if this ends up being my offering for the year it's going to fall into the homebrew / small studio category; a game made primarily for me, and if it happens to catch on and prove popular at a show or two, that's just a bonus.

I have a theme, I have a platform, and I have a layout that's close to ready to go in CAD form from which a whitewood will be built, that will be single-level but if the project pans out, offer one or two potential new styles of play that I don't think have really been explored before. No other details yet until (if) I get the artist I want on board, and have something more visually complete that I can show as a 'pitch'.

The whitewood file is complete enough to show now, so here's the first look at it. Two drop target banks, seven standups, a looping captive ball and two spinners placed in nice tempting long shots to them. Two shots go to the top, two return for caroms off the opposite flippers, targets are angled towards the pops, so flow and bumper action should turn out well. I have a clear idea of how I want this to look and play, and it can have a couple of multiballs in it using the ejects at the left and the top.

TCSH bp.jpg

Is there any mileage in prototyping this in Future Pinball? It's free, and it would give anybody on the forum a chance to play it, make constructive comments, and even contribute to sounds and art work.

It was laid out first in Visual Pinball 9.9 and has been test-flipped a lot to my satisfaction. The whitewood is the next step.

Looks cool like an old Bally ??
Come on hit us with the theme :popcorn:

Looks cool like an old Bally ??
Come on hit us with the theme :popcorn:

Here's a fun game, let's have some guesses as to what the theme might be. You'll all be wrong but what the hell.

It's not based on a license; the theme is integrated into the intended gameplay, rules and visual design (so not just surface level); and it's not Circe's Animal House.

Oh, and something else I'll add: I'm not jumping on any Scott Danesi bandwagon in doing this, so it's not going to be anything like TNA. Scott's made his mark as effectively his own subgenre, there's probably no single other person outside of Ben Heck capable of filling in so many pieces of a pinball puzzle on his own, and anyone who tries to compete directly with Scott on his own terms is going to fail, and fail HARD.

Here's a fun game, let's have some guesses as to what the theme might be. You'll all be wrong but what the hell.

It's not based on a license; the theme is integrated into the intended gameplay, rules and visual design (so not just surface level); and it's not Circe's Animal House.

Sunday Lunch
Tennis
The Circus
Particle Physics
Judaism
Mime
Brexit
Apartheid

Stray dogs?
Embalmed ones?
Suckling pigs?
Mermaids?
Things that, at a distance, resemble flies?

Whatever the theme: best of luck with this. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom