What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling Advice - Please Read

I agree the TOM sale went of course, I personally and I think I speak for most of the posters was trying to highlight to the seller the true value of the machine which would hopefully result in a sale (the whole purpose of the listing), listing something on here when you have no idea as to its true condition or value and expecting a sale when your asking price is way off course is a pointless venture, hopefully our advice will result in the seller being well informed regarding what's on offer resulting in an accurate asking price that stimulates a sale, IMO not being able to sell it on here because the price was in the wrong ballpark would potentially cause it to go on ebay (seems to be a concern for some members), I hope that the information we bounced over was constructive for all concerned rather than detrimental as that was not the intention.

We have to remember there are people reading these posts that are completely new to pinball, by speaking the truth we are ensuring that these noobs are well informed, it is a bit off a trade of against etiquette I agree but I know which I would rather have if I was new and learning the ropes.

Last edited:
Thing is - I know we have the "how much is this worth" forum, however as we have seen, someones value is completely different to someone else's value....

Quite often in the past I have listed something where I genuinely dont know how much it's worth... Of course, I'd like £10K for everything, however realistically £100 is probably closer to the mark.

Something is only worth what someone will pay for it, no matter how much we THINK it's worth....

If the listing was flipped and it was a "peachy" TOM listed by a noob for £700 (someone not in touch with current prices who had acquired a machine 10 years ago for the same money and was just trying to break even) I would not have hesitated in informing the seller that it was undervalued and to hold back for a fair market value, I doubt anyone would have any objections if that had been the case so to be fair the flow of information is valid both ways, I do agree that it would be best in future to opt out and let the listing run its course without intervention although I would hate to think that stemming the flow of information may result in someone being caught out.

Last edited:
The concern that we can maybe considering tackling is inappropriate hijacking of a sales thread, the reference to prices in bygone days or the comments that are just not part of the constructive sales process and make a person feel they are not welcome or that trying to sell it to us is too much effort.

However, as we have turned my sales advice thread into another talking shop I think I can see where the issue resides. A large number of us appear to have Attention Deficit Disorder. So here is a picture to keep your interest.

images.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom