What's new

Found it! Seemingly unobtanium Gate for TAF

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi everyone!! :)

Am looking for this Gate for my TAF, since it seems to have been misplaced over the last 10 years!!!...

left ramp.JPG

gate.png

Left TAF gate with microswitch mount... I seem to have three now, all from different sources, and all the one for the RIGHT ramp, which is 1/2" wider, and won't fit :(

Part number is A-15642 for the Assembly.... 2 3/4" across from hole to hole... if it's 3" then it's too big!! :(

Please - check your misc drawer etc etc

@pinballmania - Andy - is this something you might have kicking about somewhere?? Longshot i know...

Thanks everyone!!
Paul

It looks like a fairly simple part. Could you not take the right gate (which I presume is identical bar width) and get someone to make it? It's pretty much just sheet metal bent into shape.

A really ghetto suggestion - chop out the excess and superglue the two parts back together? You'd have a seam but it ought to be inperceptible.

I have no idea if that would work, but I just did some Googling and have been completely unable to find it either, so your options seem pretty limited.

Thanks @Durzel - I may give that a go - Is really noticeable though due to where it is... Will try any other avenues first (any that remain!) and then use that as a last resort... Dremel will be out and monstering! :D

Question - Marco - USPS e-packets - do they really take 3-5 weeks to arrive??!!! else for a Bracket it's gonna be £45 for shipping!!!

In my experience USPS is fairly consistent. I don't know of an "ultra slow" USPS service. Everything I've received from USPS has generally taken around 2 weeks including customs (which can often add days onto it).

Caveat emptor, but I wouldn't pay $45 to ship a bracket.

Question - Marco - USPS e-packets - do they really take 3-5 weeks to arrive??!!! else for a Bracket it's gonna be £45 for shipping!!!

3-8 weeks for the slow cheap option. Or even longer in my case. I have an email stating mine was dispatched on the 14th. When I asked them yesterday how long it should take they said 3-8 weeks but for some reason it wasn’t actually sent till the 1st of nov! Not happy as I’m at a point I can’t go any further without the bits I’m waiting

Hi All,

As they say, saviours sometimes move amongst us silently..

Many thanks to @johnrw for finding one of these and sending to me.... Many thanks John :thumbs:

Just to add... does anyone have one of these please??? Microswitch holder..

1541957842816.png

I have one of them however it seems to be the longer one :(
None exist in PBH or at pinballmania... :(

Also, those little microswitch plates that the screws screw into... looking for two... OOS with Andy :(

Cheers
Paul

Have you tried the Australian parts place? They are normally pretty good for obscure parts

Ain’t ordering from there again unless I have to... is quicker to order from the USA...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom