What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Seemingly unobtanium Gate for TAF

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi everyone!! :)

Am looking for this Gate for my TAF, since it seems to have been misplaced over the last 10 years!!!...

left ramp.JPG

gate.png

Left TAF gate with microswitch mount... I seem to have three now, all from different sources, and all the one for the RIGHT ramp, which is 1/2" wider, and won't fit :(

Part number is A-15642 for the Assembly.... 2 3/4" across from hole to hole... if it's 3" then it's too big!! :(

Please - check your misc drawer etc etc

@pinballmania - Andy - is this something you might have kicking about somewhere?? Longshot i know...

Thanks everyone!!
Paul

It looks like a fairly simple part. Could you not take the right gate (which I presume is identical bar width) and get someone to make it? It's pretty much just sheet metal bent into shape.

A really ghetto suggestion - chop out the excess and superglue the two parts back together? You'd have a seam but it ought to be inperceptible.

I have no idea if that would work, but I just did some Googling and have been completely unable to find it either, so your options seem pretty limited.

Thanks @Durzel - I may give that a go - Is really noticeable though due to where it is... Will try any other avenues first (any that remain!) and then use that as a last resort... Dremel will be out and monstering! :D

Question - Marco - USPS e-packets - do they really take 3-5 weeks to arrive??!!! else for a Bracket it's gonna be £45 for shipping!!!

In my experience USPS is fairly consistent. I don't know of an "ultra slow" USPS service. Everything I've received from USPS has generally taken around 2 weeks including customs (which can often add days onto it).

Caveat emptor, but I wouldn't pay $45 to ship a bracket.

Question - Marco - USPS e-packets - do they really take 3-5 weeks to arrive??!!! else for a Bracket it's gonna be £45 for shipping!!!

3-8 weeks for the slow cheap option. Or even longer in my case. I have an email stating mine was dispatched on the 14th. When I asked them yesterday how long it should take they said 3-8 weeks but for some reason it wasn’t actually sent till the 1st of nov! Not happy as I’m at a point I can’t go any further without the bits I’m waiting

Hi All,

As they say, saviours sometimes move amongst us silently..

Many thanks to @johnrw for finding one of these and sending to me.... Many thanks John :thumbs:

Just to add... does anyone have one of these please??? Microswitch holder..

1541957842816.png

I have one of them however it seems to be the longer one :(
None exist in PBH or at pinballmania... :(

Also, those little microswitch plates that the screws screw into... looking for two... OOS with Andy :(

Cheers
Paul

Have you tried the Australian parts place? They are normally pretty good for obscure parts

Ain’t ordering from there again unless I have to... is quicker to order from the USA...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom