What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratchy Balls

pintableuser

Registered
I know :rolleyes: Old age doesn't come by itself......its an obvious one but most of us ignore checking our pinballs regularily.

Probably the most common cause of playfield wear and damage besides:-
soldering irons
, wrong length of screws, over-tensioned nuts, wrong/worn flipper bushings, hot playfield lamps,etc., is the damage caused when your pinballs' surface get scratched,.... dented,..... pitted,..... oxidised and generally worn n cloudy. They should be nice n shiney and mirror-like.

If unattended, They will cause abrasion to your beautifully polished playfield causing track marks on the top shooter lane, worn areas round the pop bumpers, swirl marks adjacent to the sling-shots
, clouding mylar and clearcoat, oh, and chunks to fly from your up-kickers and ball landing areas.

This damage is gradual and will remain unseen til your polishing one day and notice
.:(........
So......... next time you have the playfield glass off
, check all balls by having a good look thru a magnifying glass at the ball surface...if in doubt .....replace the iffy ones with new.
One of the cheapest maintenance items which if not right will give you grief.

I make a habit of replacing my balls with new ones when I acquire a new machine.
Totally agree with the above, it's simple, quick and cheap. And it seems to make the game so much smoother to play!

Back
Top Bottom