What's new

Wanted Scared Stiff

Justin

Registered
Hi,

I am in the market for a pristine (or as close to pristine as possible) Scared Stiff table.

If anyone has one for sale or has any information on one that may become available, I would be very interested.

Happy to pay appropriately for a good example :)

Cheers
Justin

7890406A-A77F-4BC8-8735-4CF2A20947CB.jpeg
5225AE03-1902-4684-864B-A9522B625410.jpeg
2F3C8047-246D-4D67-AA23-88001319E6A6.jpeg
C376C6BC-3971-46B4-999B-E15D141F63C2.jpeg
99DFE70A-CA13-4C46-86D7-D6EE77755487.jpeg
E94F2423-5F00-428C-8DA6-8A2A2941780A.jpeg
Just on with a super mint one but sadly already sold

A great choice. This pinball is pure, irreverent, ridiculous fun. Some of the best callouts in pinball. Accessible to novices, and good players can try to complete Scared Stiff.

Do they ever have any of their proposed pinballs in stock?

Some they have in stock others not
You normally get there sales speal if you enquirer about one they will have to check there stock list then get back to you saying they have just sold that 2 days ago but they have a nice lw 3 instead

Funny I was watching there Friday deal bul**** video before Christmas
Telling everyone they had 3 aliens in stock ready for delivery then later on that day I was at ph when a guy rang up Phil wanting to buy a nib pin he said he really fancied aliens but had rang hld and they had no stock and the manufacturer couldn’t tell them when they would get anymore they must of sold those 3 in stock in minutes lol
Anyway that’s enough waffle this isn’t getting Justin his ss

I can't tell you how much I loved playing this when it appeared of all places in our local pub. In fact I would go as far as saying this got me into pinball machines (yes I know I was late to the party). So what's the comment about screws and ice skating? :) Are you saying this is a bad machine and for my own learning, what was bad about it with that example? Cheers!

Scared Stiff is a great machine, Justin! (Afraid I won't ever part with mine though!). I'm a complete noob but thanks to the folks on here I've been able to fix/maintain my SS. So it's an easy enough machine to live with.

The comments were about a poor example which was sold by a company linked to above.

Anyway great choice of machine and all the best luck finding one! :)

Scared Stiff is a great machine, Justin! (Afraid I won't ever part with mine though!). I'm a complete noob but thanks to the folks on here I've been able to fix/maintain my SS. So it's an easy enough machine to live with.

The comments were about a poor example which was sold by a company linked to above.

Anyway great choice of machine and all the best luck finding one! :)

Right I getcha. I did notice that one on Home Leisure Ltd and wondered if it was a bit pricey but are you guys saying this is the same table that has been sold and returned a couple of times? Was the problem with it what the company had done to it and if so do you know what? Or was it just a bad example they were over-selling/upselling?

Sorry for all the questions! :)

Right I getcha. I did notice that one on Home Leisure Ltd and wondered if it was a bit pricey but are you guys saying this is the same table that has been sold and returned a couple of times? Was the problem with it what the company had done to it and if so do you know what? Or was it just a bad example they were over-selling/upselling?

Sorry for all the questions! :)

I think someone said the glass on that SS they sold looked like Torvill and Dean had been practising on it :rofl:

You've come to the right place (here) to buy a pinball anyway. Nearly all my machines are from here and they're great.

HLD were brilliant when I bought NIB though.

Love all the sexual innunendo. From the dead heads - ‘Good Head, my Favourite ‘.

Never will there be a pin quite like it!

When @bethamari has her folks over to play on our SS she gets too embarrassed to laugh at all the innuendo in front of them :rofl:

Brilliant machine. I love the "thank you, boys" which plays once the boogie men have done dancing.

You guys are killing me here ... ;)

All the lines as you play are absolutely fantastic. For no good reason I've always laughed at the 'Air Head - Whateverrrrrr' more than a grown man should! :)

Home leisure order aside (I sent it back) - ordered in a time when I didn't know better...

I've had SS a while and really like it - such a nice fun machine with easy rules, got a really nice one that had some surgery to the spider but is working well now. I swapped out the ramps and sometimes get an airball when using the bat ramp which goes into the Lab, so I guess I need to look at the ramp flap/screws.

I've put quite a few mods on the machine and it looks really nice though and have the 3 skeleton topper which works in sync with the Deadheads. Still not done Scared Stiff mode and been one shot away, much like I am with destroying the ring on LOTR.

The air head - whatever graphic is also very well done imho

I first played scared stiff at Manchester airport many years ago. I initially just thought it was a stripped down, cost cut, fan layout, two flipper late Williams title that was rubbish compared to the proper, high watermark early 90s games (TZ, STTNG etc)

When I bought mine I did so with an open mind, but I expected to be selling it on in relatively short order. The sheer nonsense of it all has completely won me over. Everyone loves it, all ages. I have poured a load of money into it to get it tip top and it will be a long time before it leaves the stable

It is almost the opposite of Twilight Zone. Both great games but for very different reasons

Not completed it either. Usually blow it around the half way stage of Scared Stiff. Get too excited! Nowhere near completing all the spinning spider modes for the wizard mode.

I've covered scared stiff a few times but it is rare and can identify with the blowing it due to over excitement!

mods on mine are just an eyeball shooter rod and led flasher rings in the lab bumpers.

top game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I still think that this is my favorite pin that i have played so far shame that there are not enough machines avaliable unless you have deep pockets

Looking forward to elvira 3 if its anything like the other two

One thing about scared stiff, it is the most hateful game to refurbish

I bought a rough one, I have treated it to an extensive overhaul. It has had more time and money lavished on it than any of my other games. It has fought me every step of the way. Cab decals, new speaker panel, upgraded metal crate, boogiemen, skull pile, numerous mech rebuilds, new ramps, new plastic set, replacement side rails,

Normally I find that I get immediate results when I refurbish pinballs, so it is quite a satisfying process. But I will never renovate a scared stiff ever again. Things like

• The intertwined ramps and coffin mech - a nightmare to remove as all three have to come off at once.
  • The coffin had really fine tolerance with the glass so mine had been smacking it for years.
  • The spring on the crate has to be just right or it will trap balls between the door and the crate base
  • The replacement bat ramp causes air balls and has not been manufactured properly so two of the frogs catch on it, so I will have to remove the whole damned affair to fix it with a cutting wheel.
  • The extra ball shot has very fine tolerance, causing the ball to vibrate and be rejected if you don't get it exactly right
  • The manual is wrong for the flipper and slingshot coils.
  • The boogiemen mod you can buy slow the slingshots down, even with uprated coils.
  • Wpc95 games have horrible, feeble plastic speaker panels with push nuts instead of screws making it a nightmare to upgrade speakers, and when you do the overall assembly is so flimsy that you do not get the best out of the speakers
So buy one that some other c*** has already workshopped

I will get it right, but it has been an excruciatingly painful refurb

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom