What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCAMMERS - ALL BUYERS PLEASE READ AND BE WARY

mufcmufc

Staff member
Alias
Nik
We've just had a report of a scammer (now banned) who has operated differently to the regular MO. Registered in August, posted a technical help thread which was a direct copy from someone's post on Pinside, then made a few general relevant posts across the forum and subsequently offered to sell something to a member. Luckily the member was astute and did their homework as something seemed off to him.

Just making sure that buyers are fully aware they should NOT send money to people they don't know, the preference is to inspect and pay for machines in person but if that isn't possible then please feel free to ask sellers to have someone vouch for them (if they're offended by that so be it).

Please remember that just because someone is a member on here, they aren't automatically decent human beings, we do our best when vetting new members but some do slip through the net

The avatar gave him away :)

3827.png

They clearly put a bit of thought into it when setting location as somewhere believable but too far away for 99% of us to go and view before buying anything.

Brownie points to who sussed them out. Saved someone losing a few grand 👍

Thanks gents I'm relieved as I wasn't a million miles off parting with money.. At least I got him to waste his time on Photoshopping a utility bill (but as I spend half my life on Photoshop he nailed his own Scared Stiff coffin at that point). I hope Karma hits this guy very hard!

I've got a pinball circus for sale if anyone is interested. All working great condition, £750. Western union payment only please. I'm based in the Hebrides but will arrange transport for you.

Assuming this guy was just pretending to be English? If so it's worrying the scammer's language skills are improving!

DavidH said:
Hello, I am newly registered to this site, having found this thread whilst searching on Google for Williams Apollo. I have been an EM flipper and Bally bingo enthusiast for some years and as with most, my addiction started in my teens. I hope I am replying in the correct place and apologise if I am not. I wanted to set the record straight on the Williams Apollo that sold yesterday (22nd September 2019) on eBay. I bought and collected it this morning. It is real, was not a scam and is actually in very good condition for such a popular 52 year old game. It is in fact better than I had expected. Most games of this age need a good going over unless bought from an enthusiast and this is no exception, but it is complete and started and completed a game when tested which the seller encouraged me to do. I found the seller both friendly and helpful. Best regards to any fellow enthusiasts who might read this post.

Attachments

• due-diligence-2.jpg
    due-diligence-2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 100
Luckily another friend of mine from Nigeria just deposited SIXTEEN MILLION DOLLORS into my account so I was thinking about it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Presume it’s an eBay scammer. One with low feedback(1) other with 0. 2 different sellers in Ireland with same pictures but different prices!

Yet another scammer… I’d love to be proven wrong

Attachments

• 656F87F7-A992-4358-A6E5-460333B90E5F.png
    656F87F7-A992-4358-A6E5-460333B90E5F.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 71
Seller says they paid £2800 2 years ago… know it’s worth £3k +…. stolen photos .. definitely a scam

Yes on eBay October with lots more photos and known seller and she was happy for me drive from Southampton to Coventry this evening 🤬

Attachments

• 002692D3-454A-4A04-B372-A884A8CEF26F.png
    002692D3-454A-4A04-B372-A884A8CEF26F.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Yet another Neil recently sold on eBay being used for a scam

Attachments

• 4308B2B0-C843-42E4-BE6F-9139E5670464.png
    4308B2B0-C843-42E4-BE6F-9139E5670464.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom