What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run DMD - Clock

I'm interested, so long as I can spare the required amount at the time needed.

All I need then is the pin cave to hang it in :clap:, and a larger collection to fill the cave :hmm:!

Just been looking at the run dmd facebook page, they're working in a smaller version as a desk clock or even an alarm clock!

Ok,

Have been pricing this up, and doing some work on the parts etc.

These will only supplied Pre-built. It's the best way, since i'd have to part build to check the panels out anyhow, so saves on time. Also means i can weed out any faulty parts/issues prior to sending them out :)

I will do a run of 10 to start with. If there is more demand then i will consider another run if Nick is able to supply a second run of the Frames.

These will be based on the old Favourite Run-DMD board that some of us had from another forum. I have received the alternative board from Germany, and i have to say that whilst the bells and whistles are good, the animations are only of older machines (Non-Stern), and also are not of as good a quality. It also seems more buggy :(

So - I will need to reach out to @Nickbs again to have mounting holes added for the newer release of mountings for the LED panels.

Mounting hardware for 10 already ordered.

LED manufacturer/supplier confirmed. Shipping time for panels to me is 3 weeks. Am estimating around 4-6 weeks from initial ordering to delivery to you guys :)

I am hoping people would agree to a 50/50 pricing structure - 50% upfront, 50% immediately before shipping, since I will have to order parts and shell out a lot of money up front (not as much as @aaronhicksuk and his glass, however still lots to me!!). Any part sourcing issues that i have missed/not aware of, and I will refund all monies.

The Cost Per board will be £280 Plus shipping from me to you at cost - all done, tested and ready to hang on your wall :) Even down to the power supply and mains cable! I may be able to deliver to some well known members - there's enough of a network here to get your clock to you!

Just a reminder - these are larger than a standard DMD - They are 63cm long, 18cm tall, 5.5cm deep

I shall open another thread and post a link to it here later tonight, and Tag everyone mentioned below (those who have already expressed an interest should be allowed first shout IMO). Those guys will get first shout. Anyone else interested is encouraged to register an interest in the thread, and if we have enough interested people for a second run then I'll consider it :)

@ianw @replicas @Cmor111 @todler @kevlar @cooldan @Diw @Will @justinhcb @Dave Bishop

(Managed to get these in cheaper than the US price on Pinside - they are charging $410 + Shipping - No simple feat, since a number of parts are cheaper to the USA than our little island!)

Hey Paul, I'm plastering my pinball room as we speak. It would be nice to trace a cable into the wall ready for the clock. Please can you tell me if just a normal 3 core power cable will do, or just 2 core?

Also will this be the version which falls asleep, or on all the time. Just thinking that the pin room will be unocuppied for 95% of the day.

Cheers for the work on this by the way :thumbs:

The existing clocks are powered of a PSU block plug so it would only need a 2 wire cable in the wall with a jack plug on one end and a socket on the other. Or you could run a spur of the ring and have a socket up beside the clock if you preferred.

Saying all that im not sure if pauls version is the same, but it probably is...

something like this i mean
www.kitronik.co.uk_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_308x30803c579d57eb5d05f4f2bac8f670454b1.jpg

Erm - It's a standard IEC kettle lead into the Power supply, and then 2 core cable ending up in a 2.1mm connector into the unit. On the originals it wasnt done this way, however I want to check that the PSU fits into the frame so i can vlecro them in and have one cable (mains) coming out. It should do - but i'll need to check tomorrow :)

Cheers chaps. I'll get some 2 core.

Paul, do you know if the version of the board is the one that's always active or does it have a sleep mode? Thinking back to the thread on Pinside thas mention about a version with a PIR of something, that went to sleep if there was no movement in the room.

Ah just checked again and there is talk about an on/off time for the clock. Would your version have this?

Kris

I think there's an on/off timer in the software, never used it - To be honest the led panels have a MTBF of around 100,000 hours, which is something like 10 years.... and by that time they'll be pence to replace :D

I think there's an on/off timer in the software, never used it - To be honest the led panels have a MTBF of around 100,000 hours, which is something like 10 years.... and by that time they'll be pence to replace :D

Ta for that. As these are LEDs i'm guessing they will be cheap to run so maybe just leave it on.

Cheers chaps. I'll get some 2 core.

Paul, do you know if the version of the board is the one that's always active or does it have a sleep mode? Thinking back to the thread on Pinside thas mention about a version with a PIR of something, that went to sleep if there was no movement in the room.

Ah just checked again and there is talk about an on/off time for the clock. Would your version have this?

Kris
I've just had a look at the run dmd website and the board has a battery on it, so if it doesn't have a sleep mode then you should be able to power it up and down without having to reprogram it.

oh yes - you can switch off and back on at the wall and it will still retain the time... :)

Back
Top Bottom