What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run DMD - Clock

I will happily stick the bits together for anyone that wants to buy the bits and send them to me (or send me the money and ill buy them etc)

Bear in mind that the finished product is quite large and fragile(about 2.5 feet by 8 inches by 4 inches), it will require good packaging and will most likely be expensive.

Also if you can replace a part in a pinball machine you can stick one of these together its like 10 screws and standoffs.. but my offer stands

Any update on this. Would be interested in one as well (nearly got one on the first run)

Sorry, Ive been a little busy and not managed to get the info over to @Nickbs

I'll get the info he needs over later tonight :)

Keen to build one myself so giving this a bump.

Did anything come of getting the frames made locally?

It's a truly cool clock. I got one of the Franco B frames from arcade otaku. Not sure if he still makes them.

I had the screws & nuts got the hex spacers from Farnell (Element 14)

Here is my parts list;

Part Num. Qty. ordered Product description Mnfr Part #
1466794 24 05.04.401 SPACER, M4X40-VZK 05.04.401
1466813 12 05.03.303 SPACER, M3X30-NI 05.03.303
1466842 12 05.03.161 SPACER, M3X16-VZK 05.03.161

I must admit I cheated as I just got the parts someone else suggested.

One thing I did find is the RunDMD board was a tad too close to the displays so the standoff that mounted that could be a tad shorter.

Farnell also sell the M3 / M4 screws and nuts that you may need.

I am looking at making another one soon so may document that process better in a month.

Actually thats a good point.... So - Julian - How would you be for making a batch of these?? The stumbler really is the frames - The rest of the parts are relatively freely available :)

They may well be the original Template... looks like an upgraded version of it. Out of interest, how much did it work out shipped, and from where if you dont mind me asking ?

The displays are attainable but with a 3-4 week lead time.... saying that, it is probably advisable to order staggered in smaller quantities as more likely to avoid customs.

I'll order a couple of LED modules so i can have a play as i have the board... :D

Well on that website you can select 'Add to personal factory' and after creating an account they apparently make them for you and send them out.

As its going to a US address I'm not sure on UK postage just yet, but I just had an Amazon Echo (a speaker thing) from the US and that postage was only 30$ so I'd imagine 10 bucks shipping...

I'm looking at two versions. a Self-build, and pre-built.

Limited Run.

they wont be cheap, as the parts arent cheap, and will depend on getting stung for customs, however things are in motion now :)

Reactions: Diw
My games room is missing one of these so very interested Paul if they can be sold at a reasonable cost.

I THINK, and it's only a rough guess, the original ones rolled in around £250ish....

Just to give you a rough idea. Of course, hoping these will be cheaper with with the exchange rate differences, and natural depreciation of electronic stuff. I'll update with some prices when I find some time to sort em out :D

Anyone still interested after they have fallen off their chairs??

Right....

Led boards received from China (Red), and fitted as a demo - this is with the pre-built "run-dmd" board and pinball animations. You cant add/edit your own to these - saying that there are 1,568 animations available on the card.

Because of the layout of the LCD panels having changed (mounting points have changed) this will need a modification to @Nickbs plastics, however i am collating all changes and will ping them in his direction this week.

Now experimenting with hardware needed to mount either board (2 different types). Getting close to being in a position to supply these now - Probably a few weeks away from being able to take orders if anyone is interested - Prices and lead times to follow soon...

IMG_0795.JPG IMG_0796.JPG IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0803.JPG

EDIT - These panels arent connected together yet, nor mounted to the frame...

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhh looking good and getting close .... Count me in still :)

Back
Top Bottom