What's new

Rotterdam Pinball Museum....

Nickbs

Site Supporter
Just back from summer holidays and during a week spent in Holland with a few days in a Rotterdam managed to get part of an afternoon at the a Rotterdam Pinball Museum.

It's in a good location near the city centre (you could walk or get a taxi) in a 'up & coming area' which is reasonably nice, but with a bit of a way to go. Good selection of eateries nearby with a good 'vibe' ( think Camden Market area of London in the eighties or what London's Borough market was probably like before it became uber trendy & expensive.

Good range of machines and a ticket for a session (3 hours I think!) visit around £8 with all machines on freeplay. As well as the general collection they had a specific section for newer machines (supplier sponsored) as well as an EM section. Most machines were in good condition (with a few turned off and a few niggles), but probably most were in what I'd consider to be 'good arcade' condition, rather than pristine polished up condition. No real problems with playability though.

Had a chance to see and play a few machines I'd not played before, including Safecracker, Orbitor-1, Popeye(!) & Dungeons and Dragons.

Great place to visit and only real downsides were that it's only open Sat & Sun afternoons (which limited time I could spend there as we arrived early SUnday afternoon) and lots of people seemed to start 4 player games and leave them after they'd played a ball or so (possibly through ignorance, possibly through lack of understanding!). The place was pretty busy most if the time (more so than it looks in my overview picture)- particularly for a hot, sunny summers afternoon

Well worth a visit - if anyone is thinking if a trip over and is looking for suggestions of anywhere else to go or things to do in the area let me know!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg !

Last edited:
I might be at risk of losing my pinball license but I really like the look of Popeye. Now I've never played one but visually it is very different.

Orbiter 1 looks like someone has been sick on a pizza then placed it under some glass.

I managed 4 games on Popeye - all over very quickly. Probsbly fair to say I've yet to catch the bug, but might be persuaded if there weren't another 50+ games to try alongside...

I'd agree with your description of Orbiter 1 Andrew - it plays a bit like that too, but kinda fun!

I managed 4 games on Popeye - all over very quickly. Probsbly fair to say I've yet to catch the bug, but might be persuaded if there weren't another 50+ games to try alongside...

I'd agree with your description of Orbiter 1 Andrew - it plays a bit like that too, but kinda fun!
Next time I have pizza I shall throw a pinball on it and see what I think. :)

I've never even seen a Popeye let alone played one.
I really must finish my Ultimate Guide To Popeye thread one day :-D

Def a game for home use, I think people were genuinely baffled by it on site.... It's actually got a pretty solid ruleset once you figure it all out :-D

Oh god stop talking about Popeye *again* GrizZ you twat < punches self in face>

I really must finish my Ultimate Guide To Popeye thread one day :-D

Def a game for home use, I think people were genuinely baffled by it on site.... It's actually got a pretty solid ruleset once you figure it all out :-D

Oh god stop talking about Popeye *again* GrizZ you twat < punches self in face>
Oh, have you mentioned it before ? I must have missed it.

Back
Top Bottom