What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotterdam Pinball Museum....

Nickbs

Site Supporter
Just back from summer holidays and during a week spent in Holland with a few days in a Rotterdam managed to get part of an afternoon at the a Rotterdam Pinball Museum.

It's in a good location near the city centre (you could walk or get a taxi) in a 'up & coming area' which is reasonably nice, but with a bit of a way to go. Good selection of eateries nearby with a good 'vibe' ( think Camden Market area of London in the eighties or what London's Borough market was probably like before it became uber trendy & expensive.

Good range of machines and a ticket for a session (3 hours I think!) visit around £8 with all machines on freeplay. As well as the general collection they had a specific section for newer machines (supplier sponsored) as well as an EM section. Most machines were in good condition (with a few turned off and a few niggles), but probably most were in what I'd consider to be 'good arcade' condition, rather than pristine polished up condition. No real problems with playability though.

Had a chance to see and play a few machines I'd not played before, including Safecracker, Orbitor-1, Popeye(!) & Dungeons and Dragons.

Great place to visit and only real downsides were that it's only open Sat & Sun afternoons (which limited time I could spend there as we arrived early SUnday afternoon) and lots of people seemed to start 4 player games and leave them after they'd played a ball or so (possibly through ignorance, possibly through lack of understanding!). The place was pretty busy most if the time (more so than it looks in my overview picture)- particularly for a hot, sunny summers afternoon

Well worth a visit - if anyone is thinking if a trip over and is looking for suggestions of anywhere else to go or things to do in the area let me know!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg !

Last edited:
I might be at risk of losing my pinball license but I really like the look of Popeye. Now I've never played one but visually it is very different.

Orbiter 1 looks like someone has been sick on a pizza then placed it under some glass.

I managed 4 games on Popeye - all over very quickly. Probsbly fair to say I've yet to catch the bug, but might be persuaded if there weren't another 50+ games to try alongside...

I'd agree with your description of Orbiter 1 Andrew - it plays a bit like that too, but kinda fun!

I managed 4 games on Popeye - all over very quickly. Probsbly fair to say I've yet to catch the bug, but might be persuaded if there weren't another 50+ games to try alongside...

I'd agree with your description of Orbiter 1 Andrew - it plays a bit like that too, but kinda fun!
Next time I have pizza I shall throw a pinball on it and see what I think. :)

I've never even seen a Popeye let alone played one.
I really must finish my Ultimate Guide To Popeye thread one day :-D

Def a game for home use, I think people were genuinely baffled by it on site.... It's actually got a pretty solid ruleset once you figure it all out :-D

Oh god stop talking about Popeye *again* GrizZ you twat < punches self in face>

I really must finish my Ultimate Guide To Popeye thread one day :-D

Def a game for home use, I think people were genuinely baffled by it on site.... It's actually got a pretty solid ruleset once you figure it all out :-D

Oh god stop talking about Popeye *again* GrizZ you twat < punches self in face>
Oh, have you mentioned it before ? I must have missed it.

Back
Top Bottom