What's new

Found it! Rocky Gottlieb.

Tombyrne

Registered
5Years
Hi Everyone,
I am new here and a bit of a pc dinosaur so excuse me if I get things wrong when posting.
So, first off do you think there is a possibility of me obtaining a Rocky pinball machine here in the UK.
I have just been offered a mint one from "someone in Derry" linked from a U.S. site asking for £1,000.00 deposit in Bit coins or Money gram. Yeah, I'm sure that one exists, so stumbled on this site which I'm loving already and I hope you can help, even if it is to say I've got no chance.
I have a couple of machines to dispose in due course, No Fear and Junkyard and will offer them soon.
Tom

Welcome to the forum Tom @Tombyrne Rocky is a pretty rare game especially over here. I'd steer well clear on the one you mention in Derry, sounds like a scam to me :thumbs:

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. I am steering WELL clear of the one in Derry.
I kind of guessed it would be a rare find over here, but it will interesting to find out if any members own one even if they don't want to sell it.

There was one on UK ebay a couple of years ago - I suspect it was bought by someone living abroad.

very weird game. was my 7th ever game now in the hands of a big collector as was very hard to shift back in the day. only other one Ive seem belongs to Gary Pound who is a boxing fan.

Thanks for your replies.
So forgive me if I need to start a new thread but should i locate one in need of work or even a full restoration, is there anyone who can assist?
I am only checking in and out due to time and will get used to the site in due course.
Tanks all, you have already been very helpful.

Hi Everyone,
I am new here and a bit of a pc dinosaur so excuse me if I get things wrong when posting.
So, first off do you think there is a possibility of me obtaining a Rocky pinball machine here in the UK.
I have just been offered a mint one from "someone in Derry" linked from a U.S. site asking for £1,000.00 deposit in Bit coins or Money gram. Yeah, I'm sure that one exists, so stumbled on this site which I'm loving already and I hope you can help, even if it is to say I've got no chance.
I have a couple of machines to dispose in due course, No Fear and Junkyard and will offer them soon.
Tom

For any rate old game........

trust me if ANY is found buy it.If not working I know a bit about Gottlieb machines.Plus if a keeper a Pascal PI80 board is a must-improved diagnostics,more options,better protection,improves displays etc

gif rocky pinball smashed.gif

Hi Tom let us know when your going to be selling your machine's will you? Im looking to buy my first and looks like your quite close to me.

Thanks for posting cooldan. what a waste of a collectable Back glass, different to the official machine, apparently, only 3 of the type on the movie were made and
obviously one got smashed so only 2 exist with collectors. It wasn't genuine Rocky machine either that was used.

Blake 7.
So sorry mate they were snapped up before I could even put them on sale.

I sold the one to Gary pound many years ago, must be 20 odd years ago, I had it a couple of years after I bought it from a guy in Gloucester, cant remember his name. Was a great game, would love another but never gonna happen for me !
I seem to remember Gary telling me afterwards he had an accident with the backglass on his journey home from my place and had to source a replacement at great expense, more than he paid me for the machine I recall..

Play field filthy but not worn
Cab pretty good touched up here and there
Back glass not so good
Overall delighted, now where is my Naptha?

The play field has got a load of what appears to be professionally applied Mylar.
Would it have been produced like that. It's not a full cover but neatly curved and applied. Although very tatty in some places.

Its fraught with danger mate. I'd have taken that glass out and wrapped it to within an inch of its life then folded the back box down and strapped it all up. But hey.... you didn't and you got away with it. So happy days:thumbs:
Ignorance is bliss mate

I did bubble wrap it but am now worried i may have done some internal damage, cant check till The Weeknd.
I thought these things were bullet proof .

I'm sure it'll be fine mate. Just check all your connections at the board before you plug it in

Thanks will do.
It will need a good clean before i get to switch on though. Long term project. Do a bit play a bit. Been after this for years and the temptation is there to rush it. But i shall resist.

Excellent news!

Looks a real fun player.

Mylar probably factory and unless it's bubbling everywhere, probably best to leave it.

Papa vid here. Unique layout!

Fair play on finding that! :thumbs:

I had one in the early 90's, I didn't like the Votrax speech but the background tune and sound effects were great!

Enjoy :)

Excellent news!

Looks a real fun player.

Mylar probably factory and unless it's bubbling everywhere, probably best to leave it.

Papa vid here. Unique layout!

Yes , im sure is factory applied on inspection. Thanks for the YouTube video.

Back
Top Bottom