What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rivet Dies

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
As Discussed here : http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/how-to-replace-ramp-flap-rivets.12193/#post-66287

The latest Forum Co-buy is Pin-restore Rivet Dies allowing you to use a standard Machine Mart Rivet press (http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-ap500b-1-2-ton-arbor-press?da=1&TC=SRC-rivet press) to be turned into a pin Rivet press - Very useful for machine restoration, Just by drilling a couple of holes in the press...

Looks like we may be able to get these for £40 Delivered for a set of dies (http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html - Semi-tubular Rivet Die set (head and rollover..))

We have 5 people interested currently - If anyone else is interested then please let me know by the end of the weekend and I'll get things moving...

Many thanks
Paul

Yes please.
I have been close to buying one of these presses and kits for ages but the thing that puts me off is that I have no experience of drilling into the metal to tap the pieces in. I will let someone else go first on that bit and take their advice.

I'm sick of hitting those nylon tubes with a hammer! Only for them to work loose months later...

Does anyone have a drill press and be willing to do the modification on my behalf?

Hi Paul

I to would be up for a set if the Dies if its not to late to put my name on the list.
i have the arbor press ready to adapt, but does anybody know if the rivets are available anywhere in the UK?

I have never seen the rivers for sale anywhere else apart from Pinrestore.

where can we get the actual rivets ? would it be best to get them at the same time ?

I'm happy to order some common sizes if they are needed along with the rest - just conscious that it'll push the value up... not by a huge amount tho at $1.50 for 10. Problem is that there's a multitude of sizes!

Eu supplier would be the better route.. however i cant find any!!

I found this place that does the right kind of pinball rivets (link goes through to a filtered page I made that lists only pinball-type rivets). Minimum order on each size is 100 though, possibly even higher - click the ? under non-stock for an explanation.

Almost certain. 0.120" inch diameter - 1/8 inch (give or take 0.005"). I faffed around with a bunch of imperial/metric conversations to double check but someone else is welcome to check my homework! ;) The difference between the four types (one per column) is just length, I'm pretty sure those are the same as the ones in the pinrestore kit (with the exception of the longest, which only pinrestore has but digikey doesn't).

I could always drop them a mail and point them at the pinrestore page to see if they're the same, as well as getting an idea of stock.

Are you guys not also ordering a rivet selection box along with your rivet dies ?
Cause you are going to be needing some rivets when you get you press made up.
The one from Pinrestore seems a good buy and with all the sizes you will need.

Nope - The box size will add $$$ to the shipping costs. Node has identified stock of rivets - I'm going to order the most popular sizes from there, and then everyone should have some should they want :)

EDIT - the Shipping is more than the product!!

Back
Top Bottom