What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to replace ramp flap rivets?

highjon

Registered
What would I use to replace rivets? I have new WCS94 plastics, the right one is riveted to a metal part..
Similar to ramp flap rivets, what would I use to rivet my new plastic to the metal part?

cheers

Boo... They're crap :( The "screwing" scores the top of the rivets... even if protected :(

Where would I get the screwy one? And the rivets to go with it?
What's its technical name?
appreciated..

i got some rivets sent from the US, however haven't yet found a press at a reasonable price... :(

John,
If you want to send me the stuff you want riveting and I will do it for you and send it back.
PM me if you want to go ahead.

Is this the job you're looking at sorting? http://home.earthlink.net/~billg4me/pinball/rivet/ Sounds like it. Might be of interest, probably not new info though. Coincidentally noticed that page as I happened to be looking into riveting to replace the ramp flap on my DESW one day (I need to sort a longer flap to cover a sliver of playfield damage I just noticed right at the ramp entrance, like 2mm deep and as wide as the ramp :( )

Is this the job you're looking at sorting? http://home.earthlink.net/~billg4me/pinball/rivet/ Sounds like it. Might be of interest, probably not new info though. Coincidentally noticed that page as I happened to be looking into riveting to replace the ramp flap on my DESW one day (I need to sort a longer flap to cover a sliver of playfield damage I just noticed right at the ramp entrance, like 2mm deep and as wide as the ramp :( )
Great article! Bookmarked for future reference. Thanks!

Well Manny was doing the presses for around £100, which to me would have been a decent investment, however he hasnt got any now and said he's just waiting to re-order.... 6 months down the line....

Any love for blind or monobolt rivets? I suspect not as cosmetically they're not as appealing, but thought I'd mention them as the tools to fit them can be considerably cheaper. I wouldn't spend £100 on a rivet press as the cost doesn't justify the work, but a £15 hand-riveter has many uses.

For all your Riveting needs go to, http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html
Don't worry about the overpriced shipping, they charge more then refund you ( you only pay what it costs to send).
As for the large press, buy one from Clark ( Machine Mart ) for around £30 buy the dyes from Pinrestore for $21 then make your own. Total cost should be no more that £50.
Its not often you require a Rivet press to do some work but when you do its very usefull and for £50 its well worth having. Its saved me many a time, and if you are into the refurb / restore side then you can't afford to be with out one.
D.

So the Semi-Tubular Rivet Setting Rollover Die from pinrestore.com and this press should do the trick?

Daz you are a star... Will just wait for another of those annoying emails to come through offering me 15% off clarke products and i may as well order then for cheaper :) I'll order the dies from Pinrestore tonight :)

For all your Riveting needs go to, http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html
Don't worry about the overpriced shipping, they charge more then refund you ( you only pay what it costs to send).
As for the large press, buy one from Clark ( Machine Mart ) for around £30 buy the dyes from Pinrestore for $21 then make your own. Total cost should be no more that £50.
Its not often you require a Rivet press to do some work but when you do its very usefull and for £50 its well worth having. Its saved me many a time, and if you are into the refurb / restore side then you can't afford to be with out one.
D.

Dont you need both the head and rollover dies for $39, or have i missed something here?? :D

Excellent, cheers guys (both for the item advice and discount heads-up!).

Can't quite work out what all the extra gubbins from the Rivet Press Kit is needed for, all seems redundant apart from the dies.

Last edited:
Should I ask Pin rebel and see if they will do a Group buy on the Dies and what discount we might get??? Anyone in??

I would be in for that, yep.

A box of rivets from them would presumably be useful with that too since nowhere local does the right kind either (specifically, 1/8 nickel plated brass semi tubular rivets *polishes monocle*)

Thats three sets - Anyone else?? I'll mail them in the morning and ask if they will consider a discount for say 5 sets if we can get another one or two people interested...

Back
Top Bottom