What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFM Updates

Sharing little info on things added to the next update v2.23, which is in the works at the mo but not yet released. Possibly an early 2021 release for it icon_smile.gif

----------------------

v2.23 RFM Update (Working In Progress ONLY)

Power Drain - fixed a minor issue where the feature may still run at the end of multiball if it was queued up previously. Ie it wasn’t been canceled cleanly
Mothership - is now trough aware and will launch 1 - the max number of trough balls at mode start. i.e 3 or 5.
Alien Abduction - added more speech, some adult!
Attract - added More Speech to flipper button presses
Paris in Peril - Added more Speech
End of Ball - Added More Speech
Ball Save - Added mMore Speech
Secret Weapon - Added more Speech
Right Popper (Stroke of Luck) - Improved logic to fix a bug where a payback time award would conflict with a lit martian attack mode and result in no ball being kicked out for the payback time duration
Stroke Of Luck - Added new award - ‘Odd Change’
Stroke Of Luck - Added new award - ’10% Player Score’
Stroke of Luck - Improved Collect Bonus Integration. End of Ball Graphics now play when awarded aswell as receiving the score calculated

----------------------

I am also thinking about a new party mode that has popped into my head whilst relaxing over the xmas break.

I would like to hear peoples thoughts on it.

This would be a new Party Mode option added to the list of party modes and would be only for games where there are multiple players started.
The titled of it would be 'Score War' and the the Stroke of Luck shot would be changed to only give out either fixed point reduction for all other players or a percentage decrease of their scores. Everything else would be the same and the SOL would be lit & collected in the same way. Could be a fun option to play with your friends (if you know each other well!!)

Let me know what you think anyway.

Following on from you talking about unused speech, some adult. Is all the new speech from discovered unused speech?
Also was talk about adult speech on/off?

Following on from you talking about unused speech, some adult. Is all the new speech from discovered unused speech?
Also was talk about adult speech on/off?
Yes it’s recorded WMS stuff that wasn’t used in the original versions.

You lucky pinheads :)

Another rfm software update is about to drop. Final beta testing under way. Aiming for release THIS WEEKEND :)

Update notes now stand at:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Revenge from mars update notes

v2.23 RFM Update

Party Mode - Added new Party mode - ’Score War’. When this mode is enabled all shots to the stroke of luck hole when lit award 10% score reduction for other players. Games must have 2 or more players active for it to be enabled as well as having the setting enabled. Only play with people you are friends with and get on well with!! :)
Party Mode - Updated text on settings that require a reboot to be enabled
Stroke Of Luck - Added new award - ‘Odd Change’ awards a random score award from 2500 & 10Mil
Stroke Of Luck - Added new award - ’Add 10% Player Score’
Stroke of Luck - Improved Collect Bonus Integration. End of Ball Graphics now play when awarded aswell as receiving the score calculated
Stroke of Luck - Added new award : ‘Reduce other players scores by 10%’
Stroke of Luck - Added new Award : ‘2 Martian Bombs’
Stroke of Luck - Added new Award : ‘+10X Bonus’
Happy Hour - When drunk flippers restore from a multi ball mode ending the ball save timer is started to catch any mishaps with the change back.
Power Drain - fixed a minor issue where the feature may still run at the end of multi-ball if it was queued up previously. Ie it wasn’t been canceled cleanly
Right Popper (Stroke of Luck) - Improved logic to fix a bug where a payback time award would conflict with a lit martian attack mode and result in no ball being kicked out for the payback time duration
Mothership - is now trough aware and will launch 1 - the max number of trough balls at mode start. i.e 3 or 5.
Payback Time - Fixed a bug where the mode could be started more than once
Payback Time - Fixed a bug where the alternating left and right shots were not alternating correctly
Payback Time - Fixed a bug with the playfield lamps showing what shot was lit
Alien Abduction - Added more speech, some adult!
Attract - Added more speech to flipper button presses
Paris in Peril - Added more Speech
End of Ball - Added more Speech
Ball Save - Added more Speech
Secret Weapon - Added more Speech

XINA 1.35
PinGame - Added new method score_player_reduce() to allow reduction of player scores for new features and inter player battles

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to update. Did you find a place for those new recorded WMS stuff?
There are added speech calls in various places from some previously unused speech on the roms if thats what you mean?

There are added speech calls in various places from some previously unused speech on the roms if thats what you mean?

Wondered if you added these unused speech you referred to in previous post "Might need a special adult mode at this rate, some of the things left out originally are, well ... ‘interesting"?

Wondered if you added these unused speech you referred to in previous post "Might need a special adult mode at this rate, some of the things left out originally are, well ... ‘interesting"?
Yes i've added some of the more adult speech quotes in. Some of the ones in alien abduction might need an option to turn off, but thats all. Will see what the general feedback is then see for future updates.

Oh you superstar!

It’s great to see updates to this and I am truly grateful for the work you put in. Donation incoming !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New update to my pinball 2000 software updater application for Mac, Windows & Linux. v1.0.4. Download from the usual place here:

https://mypinballs.com/software/pinball2000/software_updater.jsp

If you already have a licence then its a free upgrade.

Enjoy

Updates notes:

v1.04

- Lots of crash fixes
- Fixed a crash when no com port is available and a connection attempt is tried
- Fixed an issue where the program would look to be connected when it wasn’t allowing the user to select update files, but would then crash
- Improved the application to handle factory issues with cabling from Williams. Ports backwards and on differing com ports internally
- Added new log file which can be emailed for assisting with connection and usage problems. Stores all the usage info from the last application session

The CRT seems to of been slowly dying in my RFM, so fitted a flat panel, OMG the improvement is amazing. So on the high from this I took out the trough and installed @myPinballs 6 ball mod, very simple and easy to fit, it’s only taken me since November to get round to it. Also installed the V2.23 from V2.21 to enable the trough mod.

DCD7B385-B426-4F7B-A228-BDD7C39F1560.jpeg

7B10950E-F2C2-4AC7-9046-6852D593048D.jpeg

Sorry Jim, I’m still using the old trusty brick!

Got a new GC tonight. Great work Jim and donation made via your website for the software.

The CRT seems to of been slowly dying in my RFM, so fitted a flat panel, OMG the improvement is amazing. So on the high from this I took out the trough and installed @myPinballs 6 ball mod, very simple and easy to fit, it’s only taken me since November to get round to it. Also installed the V2.23 from V2.21 to enable the trough mod.

View attachment 146398

View attachment 146397

Sorry Jim, I’m still using the old trusty brick!

Got a new GC tonight. Great work Jim and donation made via your website for the software.
Thanks for the donation 😎

New version of our pinball 2000 update manager released. Details below

v1.0.5
- More Crash Fixes
- Fixed a bug where the new log file was trying to be updated before it was created
- Fixed an issue where the status info did not update the game version number and other details after the update finished and connect cycle was performed.
- Fixed an issue where stats were broken after v2.23 update because of new recorded values not being included in the default list
- Fixed and issue where stats only were available once per program load

Download from the usual place on our site

Free upgrade if you already own a licence

Available Midnight 25th Dec GMT :)

promo rfm v2.24 download splash.jpg

v2.24 RFM Update

Ball Save - New transparent mode start font overlay graphic screen instead of std text
Martian Attack - New London scene background option
Multiball - New abandoned amusement park scene background option (You know why..)
Extra Ball - Use the animation for replay awards instead of text
Bonus Wave - Added Shaker effects for bonus award shots

XINA 1.36
System - Updates to allow future game updates to be max 8mb in size instead of max 4mb

Many thanks to Jim @myPinballs for this latest software update, installed it today.

E6DE07CE-A52D-4919-8366-3F21E1881AC3.jpeg
1ED8B6C9-37A9-4A9F-BC37-C7162B93437C.jpeg
FC51635F-76B6-4CBC-9058-DA28F6675B86.jpeg

Only had chance for a couple of quick games, but really liking some of the graphics improvements 😎

Look forward to playing some more when time allows.

@myPinballs donation made for your work via your website, thanks you 👍

Chris.

Downloaded and installed and working fine. MANY THANKS!!! One question Jim. I have your "Knocker" mod fitted and noticed that when I was playing and achieved a "Credit" score the knocker sounded twice, POP..POP. Previously it only knocked once... is it just that I am so good that I get two credits or have you designed it to do that? ;-)

Downloaded and installed and working fine. MANY THANKS!!! One question Jim. I have your "Knocker" mod fitted and noticed that when I was playing and achieved a "Credit" score the knocker sounded twice, POP..POP. Previously it only knocked once... is it just that I am so good that I get two credits or have you designed it to do that? ;-)
There may be an issue with 2 extra balls being given for 1 that i need to investigate. Another user reported this also.

Back
Top Bottom