What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFM Updates

There may be an issue with 2 extra balls being given for 1 that i need to investigate. Another user reported this also.
Managed my first update on my machine (thanks for your help Jim).

Had a few games and it looks brilliant. Thanks for all your hard work and for keeping these things alive! Donation made via your site.👍

The problem with multiple extra balls being awarded is now fixed. The updated v2.24 release is now uploaded and ready to download. The time stamp is 13th Jan 2022, so if you have the earlier release just re-update.

visit https://mypinballs.com

Anther thing I'm looking at for v2.25 is better family mode speech integration. For all those with young kids who want to enjoy the game, some modes never had a family mode inclusion like alien abduction and some other speech adding from recent updates could do with a few tweaks for this to

Aien Abduction needs a serious cull for family friendly .... oops

RFM owners may want to check my website https://mypinballs.com from Midnight 25th December GMT. A gift may be waiting for you :)

rfm_v250_update_splash.jpg

Update notes for v2.50

Double Scoring - NEW FEATURE! Awarded from the stoke of luck
Capture Multiball - Now can use smart bombs to add 3 additional balls into play if trough is upgraded
Alien Abduction - Improved the family setting logic for various speech calls. The more dubious calls outs are removed now with the setting on. Before some callouts were still in place regardless.
Bottom Lanes - Improved the family setting logic for various speech calls on drain. The more dubious calls outs are removed now with the setting on. Before some callouts were still in place regardless.
Hurry Up- Improved the family setting logic for various speech calls. The more dubious calls outs are removed now with the setting on. Before some callouts were still in place regardless.
Shaker - Added new adjustment for power percentage to allow fine tuning of intensity for effects

Saving your smart bombs and using them to add extra balls into play for the main multiball is an interesting alternative strategy and i hope you enjoy it, as well as working towards achieving double scoring! Also, this marks the 8th consecutive free update for RFM in the last 4 years. If you would like to donate to the software cause, please do so here:

Merry Xmas

Jim

Last edited:
Great to see these updates still coming! Every time I read about these it makes me want a RFM; if anyone has a nice LCD one with trough upgrade etc they are thinking of moving on in the new year, give me a shout👍🏻

Do not have trough upgraded yet but will order New Year after postal system recovers from Strikes & public holidays. New software features make this more necessary.
Well my garage is 7c at the moment, but cold or not software update welcome thank you.

Double Scoring is much more likely to award once you have completed a few martian attacks and had some other stroke of luck awards ;) just saying :)

All being well I'll be in the RFM club soon 😀. It's running v2.24 so just reading up on what I need to upgrade to v2.50.

I've seen mentioned original/Pinbox/Nucore hardware - this one has "PC and LCD screen from MyPinballs" so not 100% sure what hardware/OS that will be or what leads/cables I'll need to connect a laptop to it?

All being well I'll be in the RFM club soon 😀. It's running v2.24 so just reading up on what I need to upgrade to v2.50.

I've seen mentioned original/Pinbox/Nucore hardware - this one has "PC and LCD screen from MyPinballs" so not 100% sure what hardware/OS that will be or what leads/cables I'll need to connect a laptop to it?
With my Pinbox setup I just put new software on USB drive and plug into Pinball computer. At this point file manager opens and use file manager move old files to temp drew and copy new files over.
Hope this helps.

With my Pinbox setup I just put new software on USB drive and plug into Pinball computer. At this point file manager opens and use file manager move old files to temp drew and copy new files over.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, I've read up on it and watched a few videos so as long as I can get the files on there I should be good 👍.

This made me chuckle on the Planetary Pinball website for the original Pinball 2000 updating software:

'A PC running Windows 95 or Windows 98 with approximately 10 megabytes of disk space'.

It's amazing what they did with the available space back then, for this and video games in general.

Apologies if this is off topic but seemed like the best place to ask - do regular side art protectors fit a Revenge From Mars cabinet or do they need trimming to fit? I don't have an RFM yet so not sure what the dimensions are or if the head would impede them.

pinball-assembly-blades~4.jpg

Apologies if this is off topic but seemed like the best place to ask - do regular side art protectors fit a Revenge From Mars cabinet or do they need trimming to fit? I don't have an RFM yet so not sure what the dimensions are or if the head would impede them.

View attachment 200481
To answer my own question I found this image so looks like they would need a little adjustment/trimming to fit.

Revenge-From-Mars-Side-Blades-4-low-res.jpg

View attachment 200481
I just used mine while packing your RFM up ! Not an exact fit but do the job !

Quick question, should there be a bumper cap on the front left pop number? Mine hasn't got one and there doesn't look room for one.

IMG_20230610_163026.jpg

My other query is the Attack Mars light, it doesn't work in the All Lamp tests and I can't see an entry for it in single lamp or flasher test. I thought I needed a new bulb but looks like it is working as I saw it flash a few times on the Game Over screen.

IMG_20230610_163001.jpg

Quick question, should there be a bumper cap on the front left pop number? Mine hasn't got one and there doesn't look room for one.

View attachment 221802

My other query is the Attack Mars light, it doesn't work in the All Lamp tests and I can't see an entry for it in single lamp or flasher test. I thought I needed a new bulb but looks like it is working as I saw it flash a few times on the Game Over screen.

View attachment 221806
Pop number is correct, it’s a red plastic on that one because of the ramp

Let me check mine re the attack Mars insert, stand by

Ah...so it's in the Solenoid Test menu. I can see it and it does flash, thanks for the info 👍.

One thing I noticed while I was looking at the other flashers in the Solenoid Test menu is these don't flash:

Drive 17 - Q43 Center Arrow Flasher *The light works in Lamp Test
Drive 23 - Q49 Left Arch Flasher
Drive 25 - Q67 Right Arch Flasher

Before I have the playfield up again do these even exist? I don't recall seeing a flasher at the Center Arrow, just a lamp.

I'm on 2.24 with a view to updating to the latest version.

Last edited:
Ah...so it's in the Solenoid Test menu. I can see it and it does flash, thanks for the info 👍.

One thing I noticed while I was looking at the other flashers in the Solenoid Test menu is these don't flash:

Drive 17 - Q43 Center Arrow Flasher *The light works in Lamp Test
Drive 23 - Q49 Left Arch Flasher
Drive 25 - Q67 Right Arch Flasher

Before I have the playfield up again do these even exist? I don't recall seeing a flasher at the Center Arrow, just a lamp.

I'm on 2.24 with a view to updating to the latest version.
Check your bulbs mate

Back
Top Bottom