What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFM Updates

Some update info on v2.22 coming soon.

I decided to add a few new things as well as fixing a few minor bugs from various reports.

I've come up with another new feature to add the game which I have been thinking about for awhile. This one is called 'Power Drain' which is inspired form Dialed in's attack feature. See below for more details. It will be defaults as on in the settings with an option to turn off if you so wish.

The is no timeframe for this release. It will be once I am happy with it

Work in progress notes. This is NOT a final release.

Revenge from mars update notes

v2.22 RFM Update - Work in progress only

System - Reverted to original v1.5 Sound File
Scene - Fixed an issue where the ball save was broken for scene endings. Where the ball drains and is not held by the up post as the scene end runs.
Hurry Up - Improved graphics interaction with scene manager, especially at end of scenes where a hurry up is still running.
Hurry up - Now gets stopped when the scene ends if its not been collected and is still running
Happy Hr - Regular flippers are now restored if a multi-ball mode runs during this mode, pausing the happy hr mode
Happy Hr - Drunk flippers are resumed once any higher priority mode has finished (multi ball) modes. Possibly makes the games little more tricky, so player need to be alert!
Attract - Fixed a few missing lamps from the std twinkle effect
Power Drain - New Feature! Inspired from Dialed In. During Martian Attack Multiball certain shots must be completed in time otherwise the big martian will attack your flippers for a short period!!

XINA 1.34
System - Added new additional baud speeds new updater software program
Hidden Images - Removed some old images to make more flash ram space for game code updates and allow original computer systems to still receive the latest code updates

Also, this icon_smile.gif

A working 6 ball trough. Coded updated to recognise the upgrade of the trough with its new hardware. Just need to make a neat pcb that will plug onto the existing opto driver board now.

Am testing at the mo and my beta testers will also put it through its paces, but i believe the code will still run with a stock 4 ball trough to. It makes it more complicated to do but we dont want to leave anyone behind just yet.

qv2MwlkQTpCvGfdpM2NYCw.jpgyAYJjsSdSBWhbg%h86A65A.jpg

V1.0.2 of the software updater tool is now available for download at mypinballs.com

Updates notes are:

Pinball 2000 Software Updater Tool

v1.02
- Fixed a bug causing a crash if the external drives list was only the boot drive even if the external drives list wasn’t being used.
- Fixed a bug with the windows zip extraction process where folder names with spaces were causing a crash
- Fixed a bug with the windows zip extraction tool where the shell command was timing out too quickly for some windows machines to handle.

v1.01
- Improved the handling of files inside the pinball2000 home folder. Extracted .rom files expanded by mistake were causing an issue. The program now ignores .rom extensions when creating its update list.

v1.00
- Initial Release

v2.22 is now out. Download at https://mypinballs.com

Update notes are:

v2.22 RFM Update

System - Reverted to original v1.5 Sound File
Scene - Fixed an issue where the ball save was broken for scene endings. Where the ball drains and is not held by the up post as the scene end runs. See Appendix1 for more detailed explanation on this fix.
Hurry Up - Improved graphics interaction with scene manager, especially at end of scenes where a hurry up is still running.
Hurry up - Now gets stopped when the scene ends if its not been collected and is still running
Happy Hr - regular flippers are now restored if a multi-ball mode runs during this mode, pausing the happy hr mode
Happy Hr - Drunk flippers are resumed once any higher priority mode has finished (multi ball) modes. Possibly makes the games alittle more tricky, so player need to be alert!
Happy Hr - Added new graphics and speech calls to tell players about normal flippers if changing from drunk and vise versa
Attract - Fixed a few missing lamps from the std twinkle effect
Power Drain - New Feature! Inspired from Dialed In. During Martian Attack Multiball certain shots must be completed in time otherwise the big martian will attack your flippers for a short period!!
System - 6 ball trough now recognised once extra hardware installed
Midnight Madness - Updates to support multiple sizes of troughs
Capture Multiball - add a ball now supports multiple sizes of troughs

XINA 1.34
System - Added new additional baud speeds new updater software program
Hidden Images - Removed some old images to make more flash ram space for game code updates and allow original computer systems to still receive the latest code updates

Now starting work on v2.23...

Last edited:
Version 2.23 starting to take shape. Lots of speech updates. Been through the entire speech list to find unused phrases and places were existing phrases work in other spots

Might need a special adult mode at this rate, some of the things left out originally are, well ... ‘interesting’

Version 2.23 starting to take shape. Lots of speech updates. Been through the entire speech list to find unused phrases and places were existing phrases work in other spots

Might need a special adult mode at this rate, some of the things left out originally are, well ... ‘interesting’

Interesting news look forward to update.
As for adult mode/switch, many games have them. Odd RFM did not, given already has a few questionable lines.
If unable to add option to game standard ADULT warning when releasing new version should cover it :)

Jim,
Not sure if it’s just me. But I’d like the code reverted back to where the three modes in the middle of the playfield were only available once you completed the other 6. I don’t get being able to choose end modes at the beginning of the game..

Cheers
Kenny

Jim,
Not sure if it’s just me. But I’d like the code reverted back to where the three modes in the middle of the playfield were only available once you completed the other 6. I don’t get being able to choose end modes at the beginning of the game..

Cheers
Kenny

no, you originally got the green modes after playing either of the red or orange sets as the modes move logically from left to right or right to left. There isnt anything secret other than a random ? selection. You don't have to select the green modes if you dont want to so i don't see the problem. It makes more sense to me to have everything selectable at the start to.

The green modes are a bit more unique to the others also the movie mode should be the last mode as it says the end. I just think you should work towards these modes.

The green modes are a bit more unique to the others also the movie mode should be the last mode as it says the end. I just think you should work towards these modes.
Well you can still play it that way on your game if you want to as there is plenty of flexibility.

After you've finished RFM do you think you would ever have the interest in updating/improving SWEP1? Or will that always be a dud no matter what?

After you've finished RFM do you think you would ever have the interest in updating/improving SWEP1? Or will that always be a dud no matter what?
There’s plenty of things I have planned and could add/update/improve for swep1 if I ever get the files I need and I have a nos populated playfield waiting so certainly have the interest. Currently though it isn’t looking likely. It’s like the game is doomed.. RFM keeps me busy enough though

Last edited:
Thank you for all your hard work!

Really waiting for that 6 ball game. Are you willing to share the schema or do plan to only sell the ready product? Fully understand if it's the latter. I just have a mini mill and could route the pcb quickly to try it out instead of waiting.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Really waiting for that 6 ball game. Are you willing to share the schema or do plan to only sell the ready product? Fully understand if it's the latter. I just have a mini mill and could route the pcb quickly to try it out instead of waiting.
6 ball kits are available to buy. £80 plus shipping. Sorry I won’t be giving my design away for free!! I run a business and already give the software away for donations so the hardware is how I fund the projects . I need to earn money to stay alive sorry!!

Back
Top Bottom