What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFM Updates

The box of 100 looms arrives today :) This has been a long road to get here, but worth it i hope. More RFM's will soon be shaking icon_smile.gif

I will contact everyone who mentioned they wanted one with an invoice and shipping on here via pm as the day progresses, plus a few pics of the box of looms to!

Starting to sort out things for daventry. I'll be there Friday and Saturday, not sunday.

If you want a shaker & knocker loom for your RFM then let me know now so i can get them packed ready. Price is £28 per loom saving you the postage. Payment beforehand via paypal preferred.

So are you ready for a Halloween Party?

New software version v2.2 coming 31st October 2019 all being well. Is about to go out to my beta testers..

Maybe you'll want to get some friends round to try out these new features, and maybe play at midnight to??

IMG_5186.JPGIMG_5187.JPGfullsizeoutput_1096.jpeg

@myPinballs more great work once again, looking forward to this update 👍

You mentioned some time ago about the possibility of a 5 ball multiball update, any further thoughts on this one?

Many thanks

Chris.

@myPinballs more great work once again, looking forward to this update 👍

You mentioned some time ago about the possibility of a 5 ball multiball update, any further thoughts on this one?

Many thanks

Chris.

6 ball trough will become reality some day but it needs hardware upgrades as well as software.

Update notes as it stand right now..

v2.20 RFM Update

Attract - Added mypinballs logo to software version screen
Attract - Added clock and date display with adjustments
Attract - Added midnight madness ready detection to clock display
Attack Mars - Lowered default champ score to 200mil
Scene - Added midnight madness ready detection
Martian Bombs - Added new playfield lamp effect to aid player when martian bombs are lit (using shooter lane GI lamps)
Midnight Madness - Added New Mode. Start a game close to midnight…
Tower Struggle - Added more shaker effects - To martian splats and saucer explodes
System - Fixed problem with optional martian lamps showing up in lamp test as broken
Bonus Wave - added new lamp effects for active wave using saucer and mode feature lamps
Bonus Wave - added new lamp effects to show global game progression during mode
Drive in Demolition - added More shaker effects to tank and car/truck weapons
Party Modes - New feature. Select special flipper options for party play
Happy Hour - Added new feature for ‘drunk’ flippers

XINA 1.32
Lamps - Add option to ignore lamp test. For use if LEDs are installed
Lamps - Added experimental RC charge and decay values for better LED lamp testing
System - Improved some Adjustment setting housekeeping
System - Added new menu item and infrastructure for Party Mode settings section
Flippers - Amended the logic for bad eos switch flipper retriggering as this conflicts now with a no hold party mode.

Sounds fab! I'll be away on the 31st though, perhaps I'll take my RFM with me!

Will there be an option to adjust the ferocity of the shaker, always found it to be a little OTT on my RS

Chris.

@myPinballs

Great idea:
Martian Bombs - Added new playfield lamp effect to aid player when martian bombs are lit (using shooter lane GI lamps)

I used to wire an LED light strip to my start button to do the same thing but having it in the software is great, as you can not see the launch button.

Looks good.
Well done Sir

v2.2 Goes live 12AM October 31st GMT. Available at https://mypinballs.com

v2.20 RFM Update

Attract - Added mypinballs logo to software version screen
Attract - Added clock and date display with adjustments
Attract - Added midnight madness ready detection to clock display
Attack Mars - Lowered default champ score to 200mil
Scene - Added midnight madness ready detection
Midnight Madness - Added New Mode. Start a game close to midnight…
Tower Struggle - Added more shaker effects - To martian splats and saucer explodes
System - Fixed problem with optional martian lamps showing up in lamp test as broken
Bonus Wave - added new lamp effects for active wave using saucer and mode feature lamps
Bonus Wave - added new lamp effects to show global game progression during mode
Drive in Demolition - added More shaker effects to tank and car/truck weapons
Party Modes - New feature. Select special flipper options for party play
Happy Hour - Added new feature for ‘drunk’ flippers

XINA 1.32
Lamps - Add option to ignore lamp test. For use if LEDs are installed
Lamps - Added experimental RC charge and decay values for better LED lamp testing
System - Improved some Adjustment setting housekeeping
System - Added new menu item for party modes
Flippers - amended the logic for bad eos switch flipper retriggering as this conflicts now with a no hold party mode.

Help please.
I am running Jim’s (mypinballs.com) computer and RFM V2.1 and have fitted his loom, shaker motor and knocker and what great mods they are. The shaker really adds to the experience and knocker now does just as it should.. . scares the crap out of everyone :)

I have noticed one possible bug. I start the game and select "? Mystery Mode" and when, by random, I get the "Martian Tank" mode, all works fine BUT the bank of centre red targets do not register hits at all, just dead hits.

I initially thought this was a hardware fault but the targets work fine for the rest of the game modes and in test mode. I then thought that it could, but unlikely, be a game power board fault. I have recently bought a second RFM and using the RFM 2.1 that machine does exactly the same in "Martian Tank" but the targets are fine for the rest of the game.

Has anyone experienced this or is this normal game function for the red targets not to do anything in “Tank Mode”.... or do you think I may have some other odd fault???

Help please.
I am running Jim’s (mypinballs.com) computer and RFM V2.1 and have fitted his loom, shaker motor and knocker and what great mods they are. The shaker really adds to the experience and knocker now does just as it should.. . scares the crap out of everyone :)

I have noticed one possible bug. I start the game and select "? Mystery Mode" and when, by random, I get the "Martian Tank" mode, all works fine BUT the bank of centre red targets do not register hits at all, just dead hits.

I initially thought this was a hardware fault but the targets work fine for the rest of the game modes and in test mode. I then thought that it could, but unlikely, be a game power board fault. I have recently bought a second RFM and using the RFM 2.1 that machine does exactly the same in "Martian Tank" but the targets are fine for the rest of the game.

Has anyone experienced this or is this normal game function for the red targets not to do anything in “Tank Mode”.... or do you think I may have some other odd fault???

First thing is you are 1 version out now as v2.2 was released on Halloween. Not sure on tank mode specifics would need to check. I haven’t altered anything in that mode.

Help please.

Hi i am also running that code and now fitted a shaker to it and it is fantastic !!

Anyway just set this up to start the tank mode and mine does register the hits and adds points ,but it does not make a noise untill you hit them targets a few times !!
This may give the illusions that the targets are not working but are .
Start the tank mode and take the glass off and touch the targets and report back 🙂

Thank you Carl,
I have just done as you suggested and, yes indeed, the switches to register a hit by adding a score. Also it takes 4/5 hits and then the individual targets make a "boom" sound when hit.
So I assume that this must be normal operation of this mode but it sure does make it feel like there is a fault when you hit a target and get that "dead thud" of a non working switch...and why does it make a noise after a few "dead thud" hits???

Also thanks to Jim too. I have already downloaded RFM V.2.2 and should install it this weekend.

Suggestions and help are much appreciated.

Thank you Carl,
I have just done as you suggested and, yes indeed, the switches to register a hit by adding a score. Also it takes 4/5 hits and then the individual targets make a "boom" sound when hit.
So I assume that this must be normal operation of this mode but it sure does make it feel like there is a fault when you hit a target and get that "dead thud" of a non working switch...and why does it make a noise after a few "dead thud" hits???

Also thanks to Jim too. I have already downloaded RFM V.2.2 and should install it this weekend.

Suggestions and help are much appreciated.

As far as i can tell, the code uses the tanks position to on screen to determine if a switch hit does anything during this mode. ie if the tank isnt at the bottom of the screen none of those targets will do anything.

Thank you for that explanation, Jim. Martian Tank is normally a rare mode, so maybe I have only noticed this phenomenon as we can now chose "? Mystery Mode? at the start of the game.
Keep up the good work.
RFM really is a cracking game and extremely underrated by people who have obviously never played it!!!
Ian

I have now installed the RFM Rev. 2.2 but not had much chance to try it out yet. I quickly tried to swap over the flippers in "Party Mode".. but nothing changed. Is there a special way to get the flippers to swap over or have I missed something simple???
Many thanks

I have now installed the RFM Rev. 2.2 but not had much chance to try it out yet. I quickly tried to swap over the flippers in "Party Mode".. but nothing changed. Is there a special way to get the flippers to swap over or have I missed something simple???
Many thanks

Which ever party mode setting you choose needs a reboot first before starting

A new update for you rfm pinball fans stuck at home during this self isolation world wide problem. Stay safe and play some RFM!

There are 2 new high score champion scores to beat Saucer Light Champion and Multiball Ships Destroyed Champion and i have also added a request for operators to be able to clear credits on reboot. There is a new setting for this.

I hope to have this out in a few days. As always please consider donating again or for the first time if you use this software and enjoy receiving updates for old games.

v2.21

Update notes:

v2.21 RFM Update
Attract - Added new high score screen for saucer lights collected
Attract - Added new high score screen for saucers destroyed during multi ball
Saucer Lights - added monitoring and storage of saucer lights per player game for hs use
Multiball - added monitoring and storage of saucers destroyed per player game for hs use

XINA 1.33
Credits - Added a new setting to allow reset of the credits at boot
Credits - Credits are now cleared on boot if the setting is set

Some pics of testing

IMG_6361.JPGIMG_6366.JPGIMG_6367.JPG
IMG_6363.JPG

Jim. just bought myself a battered and bruised fixer-upper RFM so looking forward to having a go at getting it working. Arriving tomorrow......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim. just bought myself a battered and bruised fixer-upper RFM so looking forward to having a go at getting it working. Arriving tomorrow......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Man! Welcome to the club :)

Back
Top Bottom