What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFM Updates

I best get that shaker and knocker fitted then!

@myPinballs do you think this is about it, for your work on RFM for the near future, or will you be implementing the 6 ball trough or other features in the future?

Appreciate your work and time you’ve spent on this :thumbs:

Chris.

More to come is all i will say :) But i won't give a timeframe for anything. nothing code wise is easy or straight forward

The v2.10 update notes are finalised as

Revenge from mars update notes

v2.10 RFM Update

Quick-Shot - Feature lamp effects improved for active hurry up
Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters/exits jets and upper lanes
Quick-Shot - Added timer pausing for when ball enters exits stroke of luck
Quick-Shot - fixed bug where some scenes background graphics were lost after hurry up ended (achieved or not)
Quick-Shot - Added speech for start and shot success
Quick-Shot- Added shaker effects for shot success
Question Mark - Percentage of mode selection updated. Autopsy now most likely mode
Question Mark - Martian Aerobics, renamed Martian Invaders
Capture Multiball - Added sneaky lock acknowledgement (lock from rear when lit avoiding diverter)
Capture Multiball - Added speech for ball locks
Capture Multiball - Added option for add_a_ball
Capture Multiball - Added add a ball display effect/ graphics
Bottom Lanes - added add a ball logic in conjunction with stroke of luck during multi ball play
Stroke of Luck - added add a ball logic during multi ball play (main, martian, bonus etc)
Circle Shots - Missiles are now only collected/fired when there is an unlit missile circle insert on the playfield
Circle Shots - Completing a set (4) missile shots now ups the bonus multiplier by 1 each time (on that ball)
Attract - updated lamp patterns to fix missing saucer rim 9 lamp on main pattern strobe
Attract - updated lamp patterns on searchlight pattern to fix some missing lamps and some in wrong section
Skill Shot - Fixed Super Skill Shot activation which was broken
Outlane - Improved sound and speech calls logic
Bonus Wave - Changed balls in play start to 2
Bonus Wave - Added option for add a ball
Mothership - Changed balls in play start to 3
System - Added shaker hardware control
System - Added knocker hardware control
System - Added adjustments for shaker installed
System - Added Adjustments for knocker installed

Quick-Shot - Added extra sound for mode start
Hypno Beam - Fixed a bug where the new champion score would not be recorded
Hypno Beam - Reworked (lowered) the shot levels now there is a champion score to make destroying multiple beams more interesting and worthwhile
Hypno Beam - Adjusted extra ball award for destroyed beams to 4
Bonus Wave - Disabled add a ball when entering sudden death (1 ball in play)
Capture Multiball -Added shaker effects for super jackpot and regular jackpots
Martian Multiball - Added shaker effects for hitting and destroying large martian
Drive in Demolition - Added shaker effects for nuke
Drive in Demolition - Removed the mode start points (2 mil) seeing as its now startable from game start
Tower Struggle - Added shaker effects for tower collapse
Secret Weapon - Added shaker effects to end scene, upper cut and mothership explode
Alien Abduction - Added shaker effects to ramp shots and destroying centre saucer
Martian Happy Hour - Added shaker effects to martian kills
Big O Beam - Added shaker effects to barn hits
Paris in Peril - Added shaker effects to martian kills and catapult hits
Mars Needs Women - Added shaker effects to console destroy and glass crack
Payback Time - Roughed in first pass of this mode - enabled at sol after main multi ball and martian multi ball played
Secret Weapon - Fixed a bug with the update of martian rejuvenation on the energy bar graphicss

XINA 1.31
Reverted to 3 characters for high scores. Some game specifics are hard coded for 3
Added real knocker option instead of simulated sounds when enabled

Look out for the beta inclusion of payback time and how to start it. Its early for this feature, but I've included it anyway.

So taz turbo jnr is away at his cousins, and I’m home alone, so all fitted and eagerly awaiting the update, bit like Christmas all over again.

Was looking at the schematics to work out which pairs were for the shaker/knocker, an awful lot of unused outputs there!

image.jpg

No the connector or wiring on the knocker don’t interfere with the tilt bob.

Chris.

So taz turbo jnr is away at his cousins, and I’m home alone, so all fitted and eagerly awaiting the update, bit like Christmas all over again.

Was looking at the schematics to work out which pairs were for the shaker/knocker, an awful lot of unused outputs there!

View attachment 83430

No the connector or wiring on the knocker don’t interfere with the tilt bob.

Chris.
Nice install job. Yes yellow feed (12v) for shaker , Brown feed (50v) for knocker

Cheers Jim,

Update done, check!
Knocker and shaker enabled in settings, check!
Play, it’s great, CHECK!

Many thanks for your time and effort, I’ve made a donation via your website.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, it’s to light in there.

All the best,

Chris.

Cheers Jim,

Update done, check!
Knocker and shaker enabled in settings, check!
Play, it’s great, CHECK!

Many thanks for your time and effort, I’ve made a donation via your website.

View attachment 83839

View attachment 83840

View attachment 83841

Sorry for the crappy pictures, it’s to light in there.

All the best,

Chris.

Nice one. Hope you have fun playing it this easter. I'm really happy with the shaker additions. It really adds to the game. Even more than i thought it would. I really like playing mine again! I've tried to add the shaker calls into fun places. My fav at the moment is on the catapult shot for paris in peril! :) ha ha ha

Shaker/Knocker loom update:

I am in talks with a few manufacturers here in the uk to see if its viable to get a bulk lot made. Making them by hand is very time consuming, slow and tedious!!! Hopefully it pans out and then i will have a nice quick despatch supply of them :) Current price is £25 plus postage, but that may change.

Update on the shaker looms.

I have a manufacturer on board now and am in the process of ordering 100 units. Let me show once again that i am committed to providing high quality products and not afraid to stump up the cash for large investments, or put the work in, especially in the update and improvement of my beloved Pinball 2000 :)

Pinbox/Nucore users running with original bulbs -> can you confirm if your lamp test works as expected or gives gibberish? Experimenting with some timing settings that seem to make my pinbox setup lamp test work perfectly, whereas without, the lamp matrix a test is wrong.

One other great thing was, after i got it working correctly, i identified a rogue 161 bulb and a bad holder in my game almost instantly.

Thanks Jim, updated my RFM today, was very easy to complete. Loving the new code. Was thinking of just adding a shaker motor as well as I have one lying around. How does this connect to the pin, any guidance most welcome.

IMG_2404.jpegIMG_2405.jpegIMG_2406.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, updated my RFM today, was very easy to complete. Loving the new code. Was thinking of just adding a shaker motor as well as I have one lying around. How does this connect to the pin, any guidance most welcome.

You buy a loom off me. I’m having them made at the moment. Originally I made them by hand,but they are too popular now

100% recommend the shaker motor, really adds to the game, very simple to fit to, with Jim's loom, it connects to three plugs on the Pin2000 power driver board and then plug your shaker into the other end.

Why not fit a proper knocker to, so much better than the crappy squeal/squeak it used to make, as per the shaker, it also plugs into Jim's loom.

Chris.

Shaker and Knocker Loom update:

I will be receiving the first sample form the manufacturer tomorrow, so will post some pics of it. After this is approved by me, its full steam ahead for 100x looms to be made :)

@myPinballs - Jim
Bit of a question someone has asked reference knocker and shaker motor!
If you use pinbox/NuCore and switch between RFM and SWE1 - is the shaker and knocker mapped to outputs used on that game.
Obviously I know you have not altered the code in SWE1 to do the knocker/shaker - but I wouldnt want a knocker to go off when a flasher was activated in SWE1.

@myPinballs - Jim
Bit of a question someone has asked reference knocker and shaker motor!
If you use pinbox/NuCore and switch between RFM and SWE1 - is the shaker and knocker mapped to outputs used on that game.
Obviously I know you have not altered the code in SWE1 to do the knocker/shaker - but I wouldnt want a knocker to go off when a flasher was activated in SWE1.

This is just for RFM. If you use SWEp1 , unplug the loom.

Maybe and i say maybe i will address this in the future, but i've got enough on for now!

Back
Top Bottom