What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REVIEW - PIN2DMD display RGB LED Colour from Pin-display.ch

I was sure that was the case and they need 12V or 5V, but had seen a couple comments that seemed to suggest otherwise. Can someone do a guide with some pictures of the best way to connect the power cables in the back box of a Williams and a Data East with hacking the machines wiring?
Try this link. Show you best way on most pins.
https://pin-display.ch/power/

Think I am going to look in my package again I had no tolberone..

Guys - I am thinking about ordering some of these PCBs already made up from China. You wlll have to get your own RGB LED Panels. Anyone interested.
I think you should open your own thread about that, it has nothing to do with the review of my services ;)
you dont only need the led panels, you also have to unlock the display, flash the firmware and get the sd card.

The Toblerone where a gift because he had to wait much longer due to shipping problems from china :)
No worries ;) Am I supposed to have some connector to latch on to the 12/5v?

I think you should open your own thread about that, it has nothing to do with the review of my services ;)
you dont only need the led panels, you also have to unlock the display, flash the firmware and get the sd card.

d67d973c59b4664e5744e6734463ddde.jpg

“A chimpanzee and two trainees”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@Audiofreak - I have made up Pin2dmd panels for about the last 3 years. I am well aware of flashing the units, and plugging in an SD card.

All the parts and everything else is open source.

Not once have I questioned your services.

In fact in 20 seconds I could edit this thread and remove my review and change the title should you wish me to go down that route as it actually my thread already.

I did not realise the board was not your personal design.

@Pick Holder
all easy, i know this is your thread and there is really no need to feal attacked! ✌Neither did i say that i invented the pin2dmd (have a look at my website, i mention that more than enough), nor say that you are questioning me or did i say that you dont know how to handle the pin2dmd hardware. I only think that when you want to make your own dmds, its better placed in a new thread. And when you wright that it only needs the panels i added that it needs a bit more than that.
Luckily we all can have our own opinion but if you feel offended by what i say, then sorry for that...

Nothing, no instructions just an adapter for the SD card. I was hoping to install this at the weekend..
Did you order for a virtual pinball? Then i dont send the clamps because you anyway need an external powersupply and there you normaly get a powercord with it. But if you need the clamps and cable let me know and i will send it to you 👍

Sounds to me as if the Colourdmd is easier to just plug in and go.

Next day delivery too..... I know it's more expensive but I think I'll go that way and order on Monday for the STTNG.

Sounds to me as if the Colourdmd is easier to just plug in and go.

Next day delivery too..... I know it's more expensive but I think I'll go that way and order on Monday for the STTNG.
I have quite a few of them, you cant go wrong led or lcd👍

I have quite a few of them, you cant go wrong led or lcd👍
The chap only has LCD in stock which I'll order tomorrow.

I have the technician coming over on Thursday so ideally need it before then.

Hi
The 192 x 64 and 128 x 16 dmds are 100% plug and play. Swap the display, add the color file and play. By the 128 x 32 the powersource is to week to use the origiinal plug. By the end of next week i will offer optional a adapter cable for wpc89, wpc 95 and Bally. Data East will come later 👍

Mine works a treat, just need to re-drill the four holes as they are too small.

Next job recolour Star Trek DE at some point..

Back
Top Bottom