What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Games Party 6 - 22nd February - Blackburn

lukewells

Registered
For those of you that don't know, there is a retro gaming party held 3-4 times per year at a private arcade venue in Blackburn.

The venue is free, machines are free to play and there is even free catering. (Feel free to bring beers and snacks and I am sure the host appreciates donations should you so wish)

Quite a few people from this forum attend these parties, so there will most likely be a few familiar face should you wish to attend. (I think we had 10 from the forum at the last one)

If you want to come along, all you need to do is visit

http://www.retrogamesparty.co.uk/events/retro-games-party-2014-opening-party

and sign up to attend. You will receive an invitation to the party by email along with directions / instructions. (Even if you are already coming, please make sure you sign up as it is important) I have been told by the host that you MUST sign up if you wish to attend, as it is very likely that this months event will be at full capacity and they will have to turn people away. If you are not registered, you will not get in sorry.

For those of you who have been before, you are in for a suprise!

The venue now occupies the entire top floor and has doubled in size.

There is even now a dedicated pinball room!

The venue is 1980's themed, with various monitors around the venue playing appropriate 80's music videos.

The venue features primarily early 80's Atari and Sega videogames, but now also features a room of 80's pinball machines

The following machines should be ready to play on the day :-

Williams - Blackout (restored and fully working)
Data East - Torpedo Alley (restored and fully working)
Bally - Fireball Classic (working, not yet restored)
Bally - Centaur (working, partially restored)
Zaccaria - Moon Flight (not working - PLEASE can an EM expert help out?)

Also have a Chicago Coin electromechanical riffle range

Preview of the pinball room

Preview of the NEW videogame room

Retrogames Party 5.25 (April 2013)

Retrogame Party 5.0 (? 2013)

Retrogames Party August 2012

Mate, is that literally someone's house?

That would be James that owns it, and yes it is the top floor of a modern apartment building (both sides) Pretty EPIC to see that every day when you come home eh? :)

It's what I wish my place looked like if I actually had the space to have all my machines setup (9 of mine live here lol)

Looking forward to another back to the 80's night of viedo pinball and good company.

I believe it stands for "The Yellow Hat Owner" because at shows people ask for which person is POI and that was the response. I have seen him not wearing a Yellow Hat so it kind of breaks things. ;)

Early days yet. Think he only sends directions out a day or three before the event

Back
Top Bottom