What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoration of my Seeburg Magnastar SB100 Jukebox (1976)

Yesssss

I snagged a few gems for the jukebox today.
Prob picked up 40 new 7” singles

View attachment 56489

Nice one! I picked up around 12-15. Some real cheese!! Spent a tenner! Bargain.

The best thing about this type of purchase is most will get played once then given back to other shops! Or swapped. Only a few classics stay with you!! Great fun and having a finite number possible in your machine makes it more interesting to

CE11C9D9-16E1-45E2-A342-9B7E03E08D4B.jpeg

Yes mate. I’ve got a few of those pictured in mine. I’m up to 195/200.
When it’s full, it’ll be a case of fine tuning it.
Let me know I theres anything in particular you’re looking for and I’ll keep an eye out.

I’m after a copy of Billy Idol “Rebel Yell”

lovely machinery but I don't think I could be parted from my sonos system now.

That's brilliant Jim, have you fitted a switch so you can click from original jukebox and Sonos?

I developed a cable that can be plugged into sonos and the seeburg amp, so there's no switch required. You just play whatever you want (sonos or records) and it comes through the speakers.

Do you reckon it’s possible on my Rowe R89 Jim?

Certainly willing to try and help you sort it mate.

Take a pic of the amp inside and connections so I can see what options there are. Any connections marked aux in etc. Also if you have a tech manual that would be handy

Awesome mate. I don’t have a manual but I know someone who does. He just photographs the pages I need.

I’ll have a look at the amp and see what’s what. And take some pics.
Thanks dude

Old thread revival!!!

Google search found me this thread Jim!

Not the same but similar Seeburg Topaz I picked up a few weeks ago.

IMG_20191023_192218.jpg

It's giving me a hard time! was tripping my mains pulled the PPC and found this

IMG_20191105_112835.jpg

Replaced all the electro caps on that board but it looks like the stepdown on the PPC is fooked!

Cheers Ronnie

Old thread revival!!!

Google search found me this thread Jim!

Not the same but similar Seeburg Topaz I picked up a few weeks ago.

View attachment 96899

It's giving me a hard time! was tripping my mains pulled the PPC and found this

View attachment 96900

Replaced all the electro caps on that board but it looks like the stepdown on the PPC is fooked!

Cheers Ronnie

Nice machine 👍 Same cab as mine, but you have the first version of the digital selector, whereas mine is still on the old manual selection. Same amp, select-o-matic and psu i think

What is the letter and number of the part you are on about? I will check my schematics and manuals

Great stuff Jim It's T3101 stepdown, I have someone lined up to rewind it but first need to test the motor, it can be seen on this pdf of the power supply

Attachments

• ppc1.pdf
    184.2 KB · Views: 2
@ronnie63 - have you tried Leon at www.jukeboxparts.co.uk ? He may have a complete unit.

Thanks for that, I did check his site but nothing. I now have had the transformer rewound but it has been beefed up with thicker windings I now need to alter the PPC box so it will still fit in the jukebox, just not got round to it yet.

I did manage to test the motor and it's working fine.

Cheers Ronnie

@ronnie63 - always worth messaging Leon as he does have things that are not up on the site yet.
I hate those SeeBurg mechanisms - well in fact - I think they are wonderful pieces of engineering. Just a pain in the but to set up. I sold about 10 seeburgs (all different eras) and they seem to not like being transported.

@ronnie63 - always worth messaging Leon as he does have things that are not up on the site yet.
I hate those SeeBurg mechanisms - well in fact - I think they are wonderful pieces of engineering. Just a pain in the but to set up. I sold about 10 seeburgs (all different eras) and they seem to not like being transported.

Will keep that in mind, cheers, not had much dealings with seeburg! Mainly Rockola mechs I will probably have many more problems to sort out once I get started on it! But it's all good fun! I think!

Cheers Ronnie

A3B8AB74-5899-485D-8CF0-7E8055175B7F.jpegI too have recently bought an ESB100, I’ve rebuilt the amp and control centre to get it up and running. I’d be interested in details of your sonos adapter for it, I assume it would work with the newer sonos port? Does it plug in to the MIC socket?

View attachment 153666I too have recently bought an ESB100, I’ve rebuilt the amp and control centre to get it up and running. I’d be interested in details of your sonos adapter for it, I assume it would work with the newer sonos port? Does it plug in to the MIC socket?

Looks awesome. It reminds me that i still need to restore the cabinet on mine. Did you get all your chrome parts re-plated?

I will check the lead as not looked at it for a few years now. Works perfectly. I can make you one if needed? I think it was plugged into the aux/announcer input. It plugged in to the line out of my sonos connect. ie 2 jacks left and right

Thanks, the chrome is original, it’s not perfect but it’s surprisingly good considering the age! Have you tried removing any of the paint on yours, it may be ok underneath?
I would definitely be interested in you making a lead up for me as well

I just bought a juke too
Jim.
A Rowe Ami Cadette, 1967 I think.
Works one or too minor issues, but transfer motor is electrical buzzing like crazy-not mechanical noise of the motors.
It's the motor that drives the pick up arm.
Other than that,and the awful aftermarket pepsi decals that make.it look like a fridge!
Compact tho.
Only 47 inch high,32 wide and 24.5 deep

I just bought a juke too
Jim.
A Rowe Ami Cadette, 1967 I think.
Works one or too minor issues, but transfer motor is electrical buzzing like crazy-not mechanical noise of the motors.
It's the motor that drives the pick up arm.
Other than that,and the awful aftermarket pepsi decals that make.it look like a fridge!
Compact tho.
Only 47 inch high,32 wide and 24.5 deep
Something like this?

Something like this?

Ta for heads up, but different motor.
Think it may be the lamination around the coil buzzing like fook.
@myPinballs you drill out or dink uk sized vinyl?

Try clamping the laminations on transformer if it’s that it should go much quieter,some can be drilled through on each corner then nut and bolts put through to tighten up

Use a proper dinker mate. If you’re gonna be dinking loads get one of these.
A lot of dough but if you’ve got hundreds to dink it’ll save you hours

I use this one.

But in all honesty if you can find an adapter platter which plays non dinked records, that’s the route I’d go

Back
Top Bottom