What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoration of my Seeburg Magnastar SB100 Jukebox (1976)

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Wow! Another off topic thread by myself. Anyone would think i spend all day with my head in technical pinball electronics and need other things to clear my mind!

So, anyway, on with this thread. Always wanted a jukebox for my house, but never really had the time to give it much thought or the space, or the ok from the wife, or the desire to fix something different until NOW!

Seeburg was the make i was always told about by friends of my dad as being the best, and i wanted one that had some solid state electronics in it to get my teeth into, but also wanted a vinyl mechanism. This lead me to think bout finding one that was the same age as me (for kicks) so i thought i'd look for one made in 1976! Set up a search on ebay and thought nothing more about it, then suddenly the exact make, model, type popped up on there and only 1hr 30 mins away from me.

So, a few weeks back, one sunday morning ,i set off with my daughter in tow on a jukebox road trip :D

This is what i picked up.

IMG_6610.JPG IMG_6611.JPG IMG_6612.JPG IMG_6613.JPG IMG_6614.JPG IMG_6615.jpg IMG_6616.JPG IMG_6617.JPG IMG_6618.jpg IMG_6619.jpg IMG_6620.JPG IMG_6621.jpg IMG_6622.jpg

IMG_6623.JPG

After a lot of cleaning up, here's what it looks like now lit up. I've been fixing up the record mechanism and rebuilding the amplifier and power supply and will post more about this later, but for now enjoy my 70s colours!!

IMG_6768.JPG

Nice. Did it come with records ?

Yes, machine was locked shut with no key and various previous attempts to drill out lock unsuccessfull. 35 records in there, once I got in. Mainly rock punk and metal which I was pleased with!

Yes, machine was locked shut with no key and various previous attempts to drill out lock unsuccessfull. 35 records in there, once I got in. Mainly rock punk and metal which I was pleased with!
Excellent ! You missed out by a year or so. I collect vinyl and bought a job lot off eBay. There were about 300 with jukebox centres that I gave away to a bloke at work. Lot of 70's and 80's stuff.

It does look cool when it's lit up. Wish I had space for one.

Quick update on my Jukebox restoration. Got it all up and running awhile back, cleaned and adjusted the selection mechanism and fixed my amplifier.

Just bought some new full range 12" speakers for it and they are amazing :) Massive thanks to Bishop Sound - http://bishopsound.com

IMG_7506.jpg IMG_7507.jpg IMG_7509.JPG IMG_7514.JPG IMG_7515.JPG IMG_7518.JPG IMG_7519.JPG IMG_7521.jpg

Very nice!
I've a "CD" Jukebox.
I say CD because it used to be,I've been through hell and back with and finally ended up converting it to digital .
Was a bummer at the time but I am glad i made the decision.

pfqBXda.jpg

We restore and also collect jukeboxes and just getting into pinballs to collect. Excellent forum.

Attachments

• IMG_0792.JPG
    IMG_0792.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 35
Thank you love pinballs just getting into them so may need help along the way
You're in the right place then, loads of help here :) There's an introduce yourself thread stickied in the newbie section of the forum. Suggest your introduce yourself there too :)

I love those Centennial's beautiful pieces of equipment....

My juke is a 2005 model l bought new, think it's cd9 system?
Will look when I get chance....
Just noticed your local too....:thumbs:

The Wurlitzer 2000 looks almost identical to the Wurlitzer 1900. The only differences being the Wurlitzer 2000 has turning title pages and is 200 selections. We have just sold a Wurlitzer 2000 fully restored to factory finish for £14k. The Wurlitzer 1900 if restored correctly with warranty around 8-9k. Hope this helps.

They are super cool looking,
Can you play random tracks on the the record player ones?
my cd one was annoying like this,it had a "random" mode but always played the same songs in the same order!!!
So every time you wanted to use it you had to punch in a load of selections.

Hi there. No as it's purely mechanical as opposed to circuit boards. But selections are super fast and do not have a limit so you can fire 30 selections for e.g. No problem. Some of the later vinyl jukeboxes 70s upwards can we done to select random or background music as it's known.

Another problem with mine was that it only had a mono amp!
A mono amp for a CD player .What a joke.All proprietary cabling so couldn't drop in another without hackery.

Myself and a friend interfaced the buttons with a raspberry pi.
So it all looks and feels original,no screen or extra buttons.
Now it functions as normal with some extra features for home use.

example being

key in your CD number followed by 99 will que up the whole album. (if you add a selection it'll play next)
000 will pause the track
003 will skip a track

Still need to do some finishing touches such install a 7 seg display for input feedback and it badly needs a more powerful amp (for party use!)

Meant to mention in my earlier post. After i got my amp up and running i took the front bezel apart to turn round the artwork, which had been put in upside down at some point and was messing up my nice striped pattern!! I didn't notice this until one sunday afternoon when i was staring at its striped goodness! Nice to have a project that is separate from pinball as pinball takes up nearly all the hours in each day now making things to keep games running.

Before

IMG_6767.jpg

After

IMG_7521.jpg

We restore and also collect jukeboxes and just getting into pinballs to collect. Excellent forum.

Do you have any spares for my jukebox - Seeburg Magnastar SB100 ????

I'm looking for spares, and specifically the central 'selection playing' display part that goes int he middle of the cabinet and is lit up with what selection is playing by the small lamp mounted to the record mechanism. Mine is missing unfortunately. Also looking for a pair of front door lift struts/arms

Back
Top Bottom