What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoration of my Seeburg Magnastar SB100 Jukebox (1976)

Do you have any spares for my jukebox - Seeburg Magnastar SB100 ????

I'm looking for spares, and specifically the central 'selection playing' display part that goes int he middle of the cabinet and is lit up with what selection is playing by the small lamp mounted to the record mechanism. Mine is missing unfortunately. Also looking for a pair of front door lift struts/arms
Hi there I don't unfortunately as I mainly work on the early 60s and previous. Have you tried jukeboxparts.co.uk he has lots of parts

All this talk of Jukeboxes is making me want a nice vinyl playing one.

I'm sorting mine out to have a collection of 50 of my favourite records (100 songs) then i'm connecting up a sonos connect to access the rest of it :)

I've got crates of 12in vinyl (mainly house music) from the 90's and early 2000's from when I did a bit of DJing but I'm assuming jukeboxes play 45's only?

I've got crates of 12in vinyl (mainly house music) from the 90's and early 2000's from when I did a bit of DJing but I'm assuming jukeboxes play 45's only?

Yes mine plays 45s I haven't been a 'vinyl person' until this project but it's a very enjoyable experience finding your favourite songs as 7" singles

I just got an amp and speakers to connect to my PC rather than the ****ty PC speakers I had before. I was very tempted to get a turntable to attach to the amp, as well as my PC. Was considering this: http://www.whathifi.com/rega/planar-1/review

But I don't own any vinyl now, so was a bit concerned it would be a waste of money and space compared to just playing music from my PC. 60's soul is my favourite genre at the moment, although I'll listen to pretty much anything. Would be interested if anyone has a turntable and prefers it to digital music - comments and opinions.

A small update on my jukebox restoration. I've had it for around a year now and can say i frisking this this thing. Its now like part of the family and i often go into the dining room on an evening to listen to a few 'classic' song just to unwind. I love the fact the machine is the same age as me, as i feel it knows me! (Sad i know!)

Have been sorting through various charity shop and ebay vinyl finds to get my best 50 records! That is still ongoing, and i've had a saturday trip in Leeds to search for vinyl to! About 5 or 6 good shops in leeds centre

I've also improved my amp a little and repaired a few for other people during the year, cleaning up the tone electors on the pre-amp made a big difference to. The SHP (Seeburg High Power) amps are pretty nice units to work on.

Recently (as in last night) i finally got my Sonos Connect hooked up to internal amps and now have 'all the music in the world' at my fingertips. This doesn't interfere with the 50 vinyl records, due t using a specific port o the amp and so i have the best of both.

Here is my prototype cable i made up. Pretty simple in the end, but no joke that the research to work this out took many many hours! The documentation for old jukeboxes is not that easy to find, unlike pinball stuff.

IMG_0216.jpg IMG_0217.jpg

Test video from last night here

A modern input source really improves the audio quality. A lot of the songs a remastered versions to.

Probably next year is going to be the CHROME, replating and repowercoating year! I want all the chrome parts to look like new, so ideas welcome on the best course of action. Someone resprayed a lot of the parts purple at some time!

A small update on my jukebox restoration. I've had it for around a year now and can say i frisking this this thing. Its now like part of the family and i often go into the dining room on an evening to listen to a few 'classic' song just to unwind. I love the fact the machine is the same age as me, as i feel it knows me! (Sad i know!)

Have been sorting through various charity shop and ebay vinyl finds to get my best 50 records! That is still ongoing, and i've had a saturday trip in Leeds to search for vinyl to! About 5 or 6 good shops in leeds centre

I've also improved my amp a little and repaired a few for other people during the year, cleaning up the tone electors on the pre-amp made a big difference to. The SHP (Seeburg High Power) amps are pretty nice units to work on.

Recently (as in last night) i finally got my Sonos Connect hooked up to internal amps and now have 'all the music in the world' at my fingertips. This doesn't interfere with the 50 vinyl records, due t using a specific port o the amp and so i have the best of both.

Here is my prototype cable i made up. Pretty simple in the end, but no joke that the research to work this out took many many hours! The documentation for old jukeboxes is not that easy to find, unlike pinball stuff.

View attachment 54296 View attachment 54297

Test video from last night here

A modern input source really improves the audio quality. A lot of the songs a remastered versions to.

Probably next year is going to be the CHROME, replating and repowercoating year! I want all the chrome parts to look like new, so ideas welcome on the best course of action. Someone resprayed a lot of the parts purple at some time!
Jim. There is a free entry record fair in Leeds Corn Exchange on the last Sunday of every month.
Some of my collection.

C91B5CD4-8E47-4795-A5CB-AF3E74918E1E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom