What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing old Playfield Inserts

AndyB53

Banned
Registered
Well I have got my next "project" machine (thank you Tommy you have restored my faith) A Flintstones. It is about to undergo a full restore and have already ordered the Colour DMD Cabinet decals and Chrome Siderails. One small problem on playfield. 3 inserts have worn away. I have ordered some new ones from the States but can anyone recommend a sensible way to remove the old ones without causing too much damage to the Playfield? Gentle use of a heatgun maybe?? Advice appreciated

can anyone recommend a sensible way to remove the old ones without causing too much damage to the Playfield? Gentle use of a heatgun maybe?? Advice appreciated

Score round the edge of the insert from the top, heat from below with a heatgun or hairdryer (less risky with the hairdryer but will probably take a bit longer) and then tap out from below with a hammer and suitable sized punch (sockets from a socket set can work well) :thumbs:

Score round the edge of the insert from the top, heat from below with a heatgun or hairdryer (less risky with the hairdryer but will probably take a bit longer) and then tap out from below with a hammer and suitable sized punch (sockets from a socket set can work well) :thumbs:

This

Thank you

Any recommended adhesives to use when installing the new inserts?

Above tips worked well for getting the old ones out, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom