Removing old Playfield Inserts

AndyB53

Registered
Aug 13, 2017
United Kingdom
Well I have got my next "project" machine (thank you Tommy you have restored my faith) A Flintstones. It is about to undergo a full restore and have already ordered the Colour DMD Cabinet decals and Chrome Siderails. One small problem on playfield. 3 inserts have worn away. I have ordered some new ones from the States but can anyone recommend a sensible way to remove the old ones without causing too much damage to the Playfield? Gentle use of a heatgun maybe?? Advice appreciated

ronsplooter

Registered
Jul 21, 2011
Nottingham
bigronarcade.blogspot.com
can anyone recommend a sensible way to remove the old ones without causing too much damage to the Playfield? Gentle use of a heatgun maybe?? Advice appreciated
Score round the edge of the insert from the top, heat from below with a heatgun or hairdryer (less risky with the hairdryer but will probably take a bit longer) and then tap out from below with a hammer and suitable sized punch (sockets from a socket set can work well) :thumbs:

Reactions: Biff

Poibug

Registered
Aug 10, 2011
flintshire
Score round the edge of the insert from the top, heat from below with a heatgun or hairdryer (less risky with the hairdryer but will probably take a bit longer) and then tap out from below with a hammer and suitable sized punch (sockets from a socket set can work well) :thumbs:

This