What's new

Recommendations for pinball lifts

Andy B

Site Supporter
After spending an hour moving 3 pinball machines around in my rammed full games room, pulling the carpet up, putting my back out turtling them in to position and gagging around trying to get the rug perfectly aligned under my TBL I’ve decided to bite the bullet and buy a pinball lift trolley.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Andy

Funnily enough I’ve been looking for one too. Pinball Room is full and the only way to get the glass off is to shuffle them around. A real pain if they are furthest from the door. With a lift you can raise the pinball high enough to get the glass off.

Funnily enough I’ve been looking for one too. Pinball Room is full and the only way to get the glass off is to shuffle them around. A real pain if they are furthest from the door. With a lift you can raise the pinball high enough to get the glass off.
You might be able to use a cheap trolly jack or a jack for that with a piece of timber.

Same here 2 of my 3 pins have things in front of them so I can’t get glass off to fix those two unless I start to move them around.

If you search for 'Trolley' there's a few existing threads discussing recommendations.

Rooms to full if you got to shuffle things around to take the glass off machines, whats for sale 😂

The issue with the 150kg ones as they come is the handle doesn't let you lift easily/safely from the front of the pin. You can modify the handle on most of them by cutting it (plenty of examples on Pinside) but you can do it really simply on at least one version by just changing the anchor point so the handle folds down, allowing you to lift from the middle: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/pinball-trolly-will-this-do-the-job.56883/post-528762

For moving machines about tombstoned, the Cosco Sack truck will come in useful as well as some furniture sliders.

I've also just used a pair of these to help me slide machines in/out of rooms from carpet to tiled floor (as the hallway is too wide for a pin lengthways): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09TKMV...=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_HW7ZJHD48S36RATQH6MQ

Wish I'd got all of these years ago, makes it so much easier and safer and the cost of all of it is way less than you'll lose on your next NIB ;)

Back
Top Bottom