What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raspberry Pi 3

Good point.

I wish you the best of luck with your sales and hope you do well from them.

On that note, i hereby offer to load any ROMs and software for FREE to any forum member here should they wish to save a few quid in order to spend saved cash on pinball stuff.

I'm also, not particularly here to sell. Was pointed here by a customer, thought I would come and say hi, and see how friendly everyone was etc. ;)

Anyone wants to know anything, just ask....no hard sell or anything, am always happy to help any retro gamers out if I can.

No probs fella, Its always nice to be nice. :thumbs:

Its even nicer to save a few of those hard earned pounds for hideously expensive pinball machines.;)

Must admit to knowing pretty much bugger all about pinball. But yeah, it always seemed like a super expensive (and yet super cool) thing to be collecting.
I thought collecting retro videogame stuff was rough till I saw what you guys are up to :)

Ten years ago, you could fill a house full of pins for under 10K. Now, you'd be lucky to get two minters for that. :(:tut::(:tut::(

15-20 years ago, you could probably have filled a warehouse full for 10k...... (lol, maybe a bit optimistic there)

OH how times have changed.

so what's the deal on a wireless controller, so i don't have to sit right next to telly when i wanna play Galaga or Pengo or Mr Do!? obviously i want a cheap one, but equally obviously i don't want a piece of junk that craps out on me just when i needed to catch the final lander reaching the top of the screen to become a mutant.

Ah, Defender. 'You ought to be in the bleeding Air Force,' said nobody to me, ever.

Attachments

• MA Defender.pdf
    10.7 MB · Views: 5
And more. If RetroPie isn't for you then maybe give RecalBox a go instead.

Currently trying it out and pretty impressed with it. The media scraper still runs like c**p on the Pi itself but you can get a batch file and exe that will allow you to actually do the media scraping on a PC. Simply map a drive to the SMB share and it plops the downloaded media files directly to where they need to be.

https://www.recalbox.com/

So far i've tried MAME, SNES, NES, MegaDrive, Atari 2600, GameBoy and GameBoy Colour. All seem to work really nicely, so it's well worth a look. I really need to get some decent larger capacity MicroSD cards though.

Back
Top Bottom