What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quote of the day from pinside

I have made the decision over the last few days to get LOTR as soon as I'm able.

I'll be keeping STTNG and probably move JD to help the pin fund once I've fully finished all the lighting and replacement plastics.

On a side note my flipper skills have definitely improved over the past week.

I have made the decision over the last few days to get LOTR as soon as I'm able.

I'll be keeping STTNG and probably move JD to help the pin fund once I've fully finished all the lighting and replacement plastics.

On a side note my flipper skills have definitely improved over the past week.

That’s exactly what I’m after next too, played it at FlipOut as realised it would be a great one to have at home [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s exactly what I’m after next too, played it at FlipOut as realised it would be a great one to have at home [emoji106]

100% mate.

Thanks for the rules on JD the other day. I had a really good run yesterday and got 1 billion for the first time. (Incidentally my crime levels were at something like 22 for the extra ball I think. I did get one before buy definitely not at 12 crime scenes).

In fact I beat my highest score on STTNG too!

I'm sure today I'll be useless.

It was a tough one to call both are Stern classics, I voted MET just edges it for me for it’s fast high adrenaline gameplay keeps you coming back for more.
Also love LOTR a great all rounder but after a long game you don’t tend to want to play again straight away.

Think I will play it today, only thing is if you have a good game you need to keep supplies near by!
Knocking the ball out of the ring has to be one of the most satisfying shots in pinball with mental effects after.
You will not be disappointed if you get one.
@Gonzo get your scores up on the socially distance scores thing.
Agree with mark9, if I have a good game I tend not to play for a while but I have other quick game pins to enjoy.

100% mate.

Thanks for the rules on JD the other day. I had a really good run yesterday and got 1 billion for the first time. (Incidentally my crime levels were at something like 22 for the extra ball I think. I did get one before buy definitely not at 12 crime scenes).

In fact I beat my highest score on STTNG too!

I'm sure today I'll be useless.
Is there a printed or online set of rules for JD? I know the basics (as they're on the card!) But if there's some deeper aspects I don't know I'd be interested in getting a copy!

Lotr for me. it’s one i’ll never get to the end of unless i get a rom update that allows unlimited balls per game

I’m a massive Metallica fan so the music is great, playfield looks nice but art work is horrible in my eyes. I’d rather use the original ‘Shadow’ translite [emoji23]
Just 2 ramps and the constant need to just hit the same targets a number of times put me off - maybe I need to play it more to understand the rules but it’s a pin I want to love but currently just think it’s ok.

I think the Premium Met is one of the most loaded pins out there - I’m very happy with it.
Art on playfield and translite is great but the cab is just awful - not sure what they were thinking there to be honest 😬

I LOVE Metallica, I like LOTR. One thing about LOTR that really hurts it is that right sword ramp lock shot. Absolute shocker. Plus only one of them has Seek and Destroy blasting out when playing.

I LOVE Metallica, I like LOTR. One thing about LOTR that really hurts it is that right sword ramp lock shot. Absolute shocker. Plus only one of them has Seek and Destroy blasting out when playing.
I really struggle with that shot, extremely annoying.

It looks good.
Sounds good.
Gameplay zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Are you sure you’ve played the same game?? I must be doing something totally wrong because its ****ing amazing. 4 mini wizard modes. 1 final mode. Some wood chopping, I’ll give you all that, but the hammer, electrocuting Sparky, hitting those ramps 1 after another, the brilliant dots... Great rules.

or are you talking about GhostBusters??! Fair cop.

Back
Top Bottom