What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Project Apollo - Games/Gym Room Build

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
That answers the roof insulation question - proper job [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup it’s 120mm of insulation in total on the roof I think which is fantastic. 80 on the floor and 70 on the walls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

just need a massive sauna heater in one corner now Neil, and it would be the biggest(and best insulated) sauna on the planet lol !!!!!

Looks fab and a proper job - have you totted up you outlay so far ?

Cheers

kev

just need a massive sauna heater in one corner now Neil, and it would be the biggest(and best insulated) sauna on the planet lol !!!!!

Looks fab and a proper job - have you totted up you outlay so far ?

Cheers

kev

yup i think all in about 35K... will post a full list when its done.

Neil.

yup i think all in about 35K... will post a full list when its done.

Neil.
WoW, you can buy a 2 bedroomed terrace around here for that.. lol
Way out of my league @ 35k but it does looks impressive mate.. :thumbs: and it's times like this I wish I'd tried harder at school and listened when the teachers called me probable coal mining fodder.

Last edited:
There are ways to do this cheaper for sure but I’m not patient and I want to make it as nice a place as possible, kudos to those who did it themselves as all of them are fantastic.

not a lot to show guttering is on the outside thats the only change. inside the insulation is up and the inner skin is going in. Should be all finished today.

Painting is next week, Mon-Wed
Electrics Tuesday.
Carpet Tiles down I'm hoping next weekend together with the first pin! I've decided I'm going to move just one pin in and do a stream with the place empty :D LOL

Cheers,
Neil.

You can see the shutters in the open position. Only one irritating point about them is that the locks on the opposite doors So I need to open both shutters to get in. Minor point but irritating.

IMG_8356.JPG

Here it is before the logs go back on - the vapour barrier is in place - picture sucks as it was taken in pitch black last night

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180215_730aa77e6b1ff8f2d95914d6f7e95c54.jpg

With the log on top...

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180215_c909c48000b9aade839f9ca08c926a5b.jpg

So they have added a second skin of logs to the inside ? So is there any air gap between walls logs and insulation to prevent condesnation forming where cold air meets warm air, or is it just a solid sandwich ?

Cheers
kev

Looking at the before pics it looks like the insulation is a good bit back from the inner edge of the uprights that the inner layer is attached to..

Looking at the before pics it looks like the insulation is a good bit back from the inner edge of the uprights that the inner layer is attached to..
I think you are right Ian - that air gap is needed

Cheers
Kev

Yes there is a gap. The walls are not connected as the wood moves.

Qaulity Neil I do like the vaulted roof space as well!!! should be like toast in there!!!

Cheers

kev

What kind of simple minded fool has an outdoor pool in this country? lol

Back
Top Bottom